• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    GPIA doesn't like me, AND has me on ignore, so I don't anyone to get it twisted and assume we're "buddies," lol....

I think he's taking a lot of unwarranted grief. He asked for verification, that's all. He wasn't calling anyone a liar, he wasn't doubting the story. He simply asked for a source. A source that one could, at least on the surface, consider unbiased. An Officer reporting an event about another Officer, and there being a lack of a source, hours after the event is bound to make people scratch their head, and wonder about the details of that instance. GPIA has made his bones as being the unofficial INGO "breaking news" correspondent. And to his credit, he has posted links to support his stories... if anyone deserves a break, in this instance, it's probably him.

As a bridge building gesture...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh fyi, if anyone is wondering why I've been on INGO so much, I had major shoulder surgery last week. So I'm out of commission for a while.... but I do have a pile of hydromorphone, way more than I need for sure.... and no, I'm not making a sales pitch.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Just a thought; while I am confident no one was impugning Frank or anyone's honesty or integrity, I also understand being quite prickly coming off a shift where your coworkers and their families are getting shot at simply for their profession.

Maybe everyone needs to take step back, relax, and for some try to get some sleep.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not direct to the interplay above, but if we can trust cops to tell the truth, why does video evidence say otherwise in many cases? Hummmm?

Oh geez, Alpo.... someone call the FD, the fire's been re-kindled. lol

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh fyi, if anyone is wondering why I've been on INGO so much, I had major shoulder surgery last week. So I'm out of commission for a while.... but I do have a pile of hydromorphone, way more than I need for sure.... and no, I'm not making a sales pitch.
    Injury or getting old?

Hope you heal well and quickly.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Get better soon Kut!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Seriously, heal up well.
    I'm lucky that my only problem is one iffy knee that hasn't stopped me from walking the required 5+ miles/night for work without discomfort.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Regarding police more likely to shoot if suspect is black. I think there was some counter-argument here regarding population makeup, etc.

Harvard Study Debunks Shooting Myth

Fryer, an African-American economics professor, characterized the results as “the most surprising result of my career.” While FBI director James Comey is quoted in a New York Times Upshot piece about the study saying that reliable statistics about interactions between African-Americans and police have been lacking, Fryer’s effort — which was published under the rubric of the National Bureau of Economic Research — seems to fill in the gap. As the Times notes, Fryer began this undertaking because of his anger about the controversial shootings in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore that put the wind in Black Lives Matter’s sails. But what he discovered doesn’t back up the notion that trigger-happy white cops have declared open season on blacks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom