Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I had light grey foxx grips. I need a dark grey and no one makes them that i have found. Now im just trying to find some skateboard grip tape so i can cut it out on the lazer at work.
    Traction Grips has a grey but this is the only photo of the grey I could find...

91EEP9A312L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You might contact them and see if there is a better photo. http://tractiongrips.com/index.html

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    We need an official head count for tomorrow, please. I can't keep track of who's going. And we need to contact UJ'S to verify seating capacity. Please chime in.

Thanks

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone know if 150gr .308 ammo is any good? This is in stock and on sale:

Back years ago well before any availability issues and when I was shooting my 308 bolt gun, I always shot the 168 grain Federal Gold Medal Match. That said, I didn't shoot a bunch of different ammo to try and see what shot best.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Safe delivered today. Thought I was in the clear when it went down the stairs with no damage, but there was a SNAFU that has the wife unhappy, but that said they did refund my delivery fee which was not small. The discouraging part is that it was something I had discussed with the company owner when I purchased the safe (he actually mentioned it not me), and that for someone who does this regularly I think it should have been something they tried to prevent. Oh well, it has been delivered and is acclimating before I put anything in it.

Won't go into great detail in the open forum on the issue, but involved carpet.

That said, it's here. A bit disappointing when you wait for something for 6 months and it doesn't go as you had 100% hoped, but again I think they handled it about as well as I could have asked.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Back years ago well before any availability issues and when I was shooting my 308 bolt gun, I always shot the 168 grain Federal Gold Medal Match. That said, I didn't shoot a bunch of different ammo to try and see what shot best.

That's the match ammo I have that I'm waiting to be able to use. I'm planning on only using it for the first few times I shoot with the gun to see if it likes it. Then I'll branch out to testing other types of ammo.

Safe delivered today. Thought I was in the clear when it went down the stairs with no damage, but there was a SNAFU that has the wife unhappy, but that said they did refund my delivery fee which was not small. The discouraging part is that it was something I had discussed with the company owner when I purchased the safe (he actually mentioned it not me), and that for someone who does this regularly I think it should have been something they tried to prevent. Oh well, it has been delivered and is acclimating before I put anything in it.

Won't go into great detail in the open forum on the issue, but involved carpet.

That said, it's here. A bit disappointing when you wait for something for 6 months and it doesn't go as you had 100% hoped, but again I think they handled it about as well as I could have asked.

Sorry to hear not everything went as well as you'd hoped.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's the match ammo I have that I'm waiting to be able to use. I'm planning on only using it for the first few times I shoot with the gun to see if it likes it. Then I'll branch out to testing other types of ammo.
    Unfortunately when I got out of 308 I threw in all the Gold Medal Match brass I had to a guy on the forum who bought the last couple of boxes of 308 I had, otherwise I'd offer it up here. I've kept my 9mm, 45, 223 etc brass, but got rid of 308 when I decided I wasn't playing in that arena any longer.

That said I do remember the days of driving way out to Atterbury just to putting maybe a total of 40 rounds through the bolt gun during a range trip, and all the barrel break in, etc. Seems we are definitely back to those times again for other reasons.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Unfortunately when I got out of 308 I threw in all the Gold Medal Match brass I had to a guy on the forum who bought the last couple of boxes of 308 I had, otherwise I'd offer it up here. I've kept my 9mm, 45, 223 etc brass, but got rid of 308 when I decided I wasn't playing in that arena any longer.

That said I do remember the days of driving way out to Atterbury just to putting maybe a total of 40 rounds through the bolt gun during a range trip, and all the barrel break in, etc. Seems we are definitely back to those times again for other reasons.

Yep. Unless I luck into some relatively inexpensive match grade ammo, I doubt I'll be shooting more than 40 rounds per range trip through the .308. At least I can take my .22 bolt gun with me to blast through more rounds though, if I still feel like shooting more.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I ordered another 200 rounds of the Norma and am now thinking that some of the Swiss would have been good too

I have 200 rounds of 6.5 and 100 rounds of 308 in my CMP cart waiting on my Organization membership to be submitted.

Normally, an order that small wouldn’t even be worth mentioning but today it feels like a huge score!!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If any of you reloaders are looking for .308 brass, I have had a hard time finding any in stock except Lapua Palma .308 which is small rifle primer. I have Starline and some once fired backordered.

I finally found Lapua .308 (LRP) in stock at optics planet. I figured it would turn out to be the SRP version. Got it today and it IS the LRP. The price is not for the faint of heart unless you want the "best".

https://www.opticsplanet.com/lapua-...lity=in-stock&_iv_code=3VQ-RB1-CAP214-4PH7217

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I ordered another 200 rounds of the Norma and am now thinking that some of the Swiss would have been good too
    I ordered (80) rounds of Norma .308 after you posted that link to the GA dealer, '88.
    It arrived just yesterday, and the boxes were fresh, and everything nicely packed.
    Thanks ! :chest:

WT .... I've only shot two types of ammo through my .308 Springfield AR 'pistol' (which isn't intended for great accuracy, of course. Just has a 10" barrel.
    But that included about 30 rounds of the Norma. I was just plinking at a bad-buy target at 50 yds. (I remember that 88' shot two rounds through it).
    They all went BANG ..... that's all that I remember ! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom