Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh, another thing about lunch tomorrow. Has anyone checked with UJs to see if they have any restrictions in seating? I think most places in Marion County won't sit more than 6 at a table and the tables are usually spaced out for social distancing. Just a thought.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    For all of you recent Bergara, Tikka, long range interested folks, I have a question. Not purely going by ammoseek prices, what are you guys seeing for cost of 308 match ammo vs 6.5 Creedmoor on various sites or shops?

Yes, I have a gear turning. :)

.308 Win - $0.91/rd for steel case up to $2.25 for good stuff. I found most of what I wanted around $1.50/rd.

A quick check of ammo seek for 6.5 Creedmoor shows $3.50-$6.50/rd. and much lower availability. However, I suspect if you catch it in stock at more reasonable suppliers it will be well under that.

Catching any of the good stuff in stock at reasonable suppliers will take close watching and QUICK action.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Having noticed the current disparity in pricing between .308 and 6.5CM (as Tarzan illustrated), I was glad that I stayed away from the Creedmore round.
    It's a fine cartridge, whose benefits are noticed beyond 800 yards, but until then, .308 gets the job done.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ....However, I suspect if you catch it in stock at more reasonable suppliers it will be well under that.

Catching any of the good stuff in stock at reasonable suppliers will take close watching and QUICK action.
    As an example, Midway USA just put up Hornady Match 6.5 Creedmoor 147 Grain ELD @ $2.35/rd. It will be gone in minutes.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    OOS already.. damn..

And that was with a 5 box limit. That is how fast everything is going.

Anyone know if 150gr .308 ammo is any good? This is in stock and on sale:

Norma ammo has always proved to be decent but I'm guessing at that price it is not one of their top line bullets loaded in it. However, at that price, if I wasn't stocked up and reloading I would be buying a fair amount of it for general plinking and steel busting.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Oh, another thing about lunch tomorrow. Has anyone checked with UJs to see if they have any restrictions in seating? I think most places in Marion County won't sit more than 6 at a table and the tables are usually spaced out for social distancing. Just a thought.
    I don't know what our official head count is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For all of you recent Bergara, Tikka, long range interested folks, I have a question. Not purely going by ammoseek prices, what are you guys seeing for cost of 308 match ammo vs 6.5 Creedmoor on various sites or shops?

Yes, I have a gear turning. :)

I have not priced 6.5 at all. I was able to build a stash of .308 at about $1 a round for plinking ammo and $1.50 to $2 a round for good stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't know what our official head count is.

With that post, hopefully you'll know more soon... ;)

I have not priced 6.5 at all. I was able to build a stash of .308 at about $1 a round for plinking ammo and $1.50 to $2 a round for good stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. Same here. I don't have enough of the good stuff at this point, but have enough for a couple of decent range trips and a couple more to just plink.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With that post, hopefully you'll know more soon... ;)

Yep. Same here. I don't have enough of the good stuff at this point, but have enough for a couple of decent range trips and a couple more to just plink.

Once a rifle is sighted in, a good range trip is about 5 rounds of centerfire now days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom