Indiana

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Didn't figure Sundays weather would suit you (or a lot of others) but I can't go Monday and the rest of the weeks forecast temps have dropped to not much better.

I put in a quick "I'll take it" on an inexpensive .308 in the classies Friday but didn't get it.

I compared base to mid-shoulder length (where the cartridge headspaces in the chamber) on the ammo in question and found them to be 0.0035" to 0.0055" shorter than the brands I have not had a problem with. All cartridges were uniform within a brand but varied in length between manufacturers.

This effectively makes the reach of the firing pin shorter potentially causing lighter strikes although they do not "look" like light strikes.

I will try the rest of the first box and if I don't have better luck I will send them back. The manufacturer has agreed to buy them back even though they have had no other reports of problems and suspect the rifle is the problem.
    Although the weather doesn't look pleasant, that's not the main issue. With my friend's death, leading to potential out-of-town guests, a recent bad lab result from a doctor's order, some promises that I made to my wife, + a few other things in the fire .....I just can't take a 1/2 day away right now. Sorry.....I want to help, but my hands are tied- up right now.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Am also running the highway and maybe the interstate tomorrow. Was cruising CL and found a NIB 6.5" lift for my truck for dirt cheap like 30 minutes away. Proceeded to make the mistake of looking for wheels and tires to go with it. Found some 16x10 OG Weld Cheyenne's wrapped in boggers down in Bloomington for $900. Not sure if anyone else here is into vehicles/truck stuff but OG Welds are like holy grail wheels. Cant stand the huge wheels and rubber band tires so if I can pick these up I will be insanely happy.

:facepalm: Im 26, not ready to grow up yet...
    Pics?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks. Playing mom today, not sure what we are gonna do yet. Mama off to work to make us some money, papa currently doing dishes, demon on the couch bored.... Would like to do some leather crafts for mama, but that means going out among them for supplies...

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Looking at mag extensions for the P10S. Saw one in a search that is a plus 3 baseplate. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom