• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    I had read how reliable the P-01 is, I WAS a Glock owner, so I bought one, 1000 rounds of WWB and started shooting without cleaning. The first 14 rounds were the most accurate group I had ever fired. I wanted to see how long I could shoot trash ammo before it caused a misfire of any type. After 4 weeks, and 800 rounds, I gave up and cleaned it. Spraying it with Brake Clean was like washing river bottom mud off it. It never did misfire. The Glock is long gone and I now have two P-01's.

The mags are OEM from McGar so they are real reasonable from CDNN. Even the 32 round Pro Mags, shooting Russian steel ammo, works like a charm. The only issues I have ever had were with gun show reloads. Try to stick with S&B ammo. It is also made in the Czech Republic and uses in their testing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had read how reliable the P-01 is, I WAS a Glock owner, so I bought one, 1000 rounds of WWB and started shooting without cleaning. The first 14 rounds were the most accurate group I had ever fired. I wanted to see how long I could shoot trash ammo before it caused a misfire of any type. After 4 weeks, and 800 rounds, I gave up and cleaned it. Spraying it with Brake Clean was like washing river bottom mud off it. It never did misfire. The Glock is long gone and I now have two P-01's.

The mags are OEM from McGar so they are real reasonable from CDNN. Even the 32 round Pro Mags, shooting Russian steel ammo, works like a charm. The only issues I have ever had were with gun show reloads. Try to stick with S&B ammo. It is also made in the Czech Republic and uses in their testing.
    Some of us with lighter mainsprings can't go the S&B route anymore but, yes, stock CZs eat anything.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am arguing with myself over what the next one will be. I really liked that guy's P09 but it is pricey. Plus, I already have the Phantom as a full size polymer so not sure I need another one. I have considered getting another 97 but you might want to trade backat some point so I'm not sure I want to invest a lot in that and end up with two. I think I have the compacts covered pretty well with three compacts and a P01. I recently tried a P07 but it didn't really blow my skirt up. I do need a stock gun for the new to CZ shooters. But I can pick up a milsurp that will accomplish that for about $300 plus or minus a bit. I would like to get a night Shadow but those have kind of dried up. I suppose I could wait but I'm not very good at that. I could always pick up a standard SP01....decisions, decisions.

I'm sure my next CZ will be a P09 but if it will be my next pistol or not is still up in the air. For some reason the Vickers Glock 17 has my attention right now. I've been meaning to get a G17 again for a minute but wanted an EXO to match my G19 but it seems like they aren't making anymore of those so... And the collectability of the limited edition G17 is appealing.... Although I'm not a huge fan of Larry Vickers personally I do like the way that G17 is configured. But the P09 is such a sweet feeling gun and it would add to my CZ collection nicely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure my next CZ will be a P09 but if it will be my next pistol or not is still up in the air. For some reason the Vickers Glock 17 has my attention right now. I've been meaning to get a G17 again for a minute but wanted an EXO to match my G19 but it seems like they aren't making anymore of those so... And the collectability of the limited edition G17 is appealing.... Although I'm not a huge fan of Larry Vickers personally I do like the way that G17 is configured. But the P09 is such a sweet feeling gun and it would add to my CZ collection nicely.

Screw the Glock. But hey, what do you expect......from me....:)

Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    OMG your going to love it!!!! I think ( and don't tell my wife, I'm going to buy her a CZ75b!!!). Honestly, my wife and I both have really fallen for my SP01 Tactical!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Talking about the P09 made me want to share this with everyone. This is my CZ 75 SP01 Phantom full size polymer 9mm. It has been fully Cajunized with race hammer, adjustable sear, new disco, extended firing pin, all of the assorted springs. It has a 85 combat trigger and short reset. It normally sports a light/laser combo and 19 round Mecgar mag and serves as the HD gun.

IMG_0371_zpsdaf39524.jpg
    The SA trigger is just over 3# and the DA is just under 7#.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Talking about the P09 made me want to share this with everyone. This is my CZ 75 SP01 Phantom full size polymer 9mm. It has been fully Cajunized with race hammer, adjustable sear, new disco, extended firing pin, all of the assorted springs. It has a 85 combat trigger and short reset. It normally sports a light/laser combo and 19 round Mecgar mag and serves as the HD gun.

View attachment 35015
    The SA trigger is just over 3# and the DA is just under 7#.

That makes me want a P09 even more so than I already did. I really wish they didn't stop making the Phantom.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I feel the same way. The worst thing about this thread is I'm now wanting a P09, a 75B and a SP01 Tactical. Darn but this kool-aid is tasty! :koolaid:
    Yea once you start researching you find your self like a little kid wanting all of them! They all seem to have different qualities but I think the SP01 will be next on my list.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In the catalog it says the RAMI is alloy, but I swear I've seen people on here say they have a steel RAMI, do any of you CZ guys know if that's a change or have the RAMIs always been aluminum?
    It's always been alloy. People used to stay steel to differentiate from the polymer RAMI.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It's always been alloy. People used to stay steel to differentiate from the polymer RAMI.

Thanks. Already own a 75B. Thinking about getting a RAMI for carry. I've convinced myself and have the cash to do the pro upgrade from CGW, but now that I'm thinking about the RAMI too, I have to decide which one to get upgraded.

Top Bottom