Nov 23, 2008

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Fair enough guys. Options, just options.
    I don't have a dog in the fight but... You can always negotiate in the classifieds and when you buy online you usually have to pay shipping and a transfer fee.

This is true. Not saying it is a terrible deal at all. It kind of irks me that he doesn't advertise it as an Omega trigger. It would still be a very good gun for whoever bought it. They just need to know it is not a standard 75B.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Fair enough guys. Options, just options.
    I don't have a dog in the fight but... You can always negotiate in the classifieds and when you buy online you usually have to pay shipping and a transfer fee.

Yeah, no big deal to me either, but I don't buy used unless I'm getting a decent deal. I just checked and Bud's has it for $460 with free shipping. Add $15 for an FFL to USDS and that's $475 for BNIB, vs $25 more for a used gun. If he had it for $425 - $450, I'd probably be interested. As it is, I'd rather have new with no hassle or haggling. I would also say, after a week of bumping it, it's due for a price drop...lol!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Yeah, no big deal to me either, but I don't buy used unless I'm getting a decent deal. I just checked and Bud's has it for $460 with free shipping. Add $15 for an FFL to USDS and that's $475 for BNIB, vs $25 more for a used gun. If he had it for $425 - $450, I'd probably be interested. As it is, I'd rather have new with no hassle or haggling. I would also say, after a week of bumping it, it's due for a price drop...lol!
    Have to agree with you on that! If I am not buying new it would have to be an exceptional deal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Understand totally and if it is a decent price and a well kept gun you cant go wrong! Just meant that its hard to justify buying used at a new gun price.

Never pay new gun price for used.
    So many folks think that a gun is worth what they paid for it after they are done using it.
    Even unfired in the box it is a used gun.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Never pay new gun price for used.
    So many folks think that a gun is worth what they paid for it after they are done using it.
    Even unfired in the box it is a used gun.
    Yes sir very correct! Car, camper, boat, or gun etc. That's why a lot of people buy used because they know the original purchaser is going to eat some of that new cost price!psyko

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Unfortunately, those of us with the CZickness have to factor in availability. It is very rare that you can go down to your local LGS and find any CZ model let alone the one you happen to be looking for. So, you either have to be very patient, be willing to buy sight unseen, or pay a little more when they pop up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately, those of us with the CZickness have to factor in availability. It is very rare that you can go down to your local LGS and find any CZ model let alone the one you happen to be looking for. So, you either have to be very patient, be willing to buy sight unseen, or pay a little more when they pop up.

This always factors into the equation.
    I have paid a bit much for a gun when patience was hard to come by.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This always factors into the equation.
    I have paid a bit much for a gun when patience was hard to come by.
    Patience is a rare commodity around here. I know I don't have much. I have bought a lot online and I have also knowingly overpaid. Sometimes it is what it is.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Okay I get it, CM works for Springfield and now I have you from CZ. LOL. You all are a very expensive group of guys to get to know especially when you're sick like me!psyko

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay I get it, CM works for Springfield and now I have you from CZ. LOL. You all are a very expensive group of guys to get to know especially when you're sick like me!psyko
    I'm just troofin' ya, brother. Once you head down the fully Cajunized CZ road it is very hard to come back.

Top Bottom