• ...and so much more!
  • What's better?

• Total voters

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Handle a Sig, then handle a Glock, then handle an H&K then go back and handle the CZ. Youll get it then.

I did this today and I almost shed tears... I held this damned CZ you people won't stop talking about and "I GET IT" and I want it... I didn't know that a pistol could feel so right in my hand and wonder why in the hell every gun maker doesn't make a gun that feels like that?

The only thing to figure out now is what are my options and what is important and what isn't?

Is the shadow worth the extra money? Or will the standard 75b do the trick? Whats the price difference etc... etc... etc...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The funny thing is its 50/50, but i don't see hardly anyone in this thread picking the Sig?

The other thing that is odd is that its 50/50 yet its hard to find a CZ in a local gunshop but there is a Sig in the display case of virtually every gunstore. Imagine how much more popular CZ would be, and how lob sided this poll would be, if people could actually find a CZ in shops.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The other thing that is odd is that its 50/50 yet its hard to find a CZ in a local gunshop but there is a Sig in the display case of virtually every gunstore. Imagine how much more popular CZ would be, and how lob sided this poll would be, if people could actually find a CZ in shops.

True that... Midwest Gun and Range has like 5 CZ Pistols and probably 40 different Sigs

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    But do you guys see the higher end P226 elite stainless anywhere? Although im sure its not such a huge difference from the normal versions that it matters.

Theox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    I've heard so many people sing the praises of CZ. They're just simply well-engineered. My biggest hangup about them is that the design hasn't changed much over the years. Although newer definitely does not mean better, I went with a Sig SP2022 in .40SW for my first handgun and I absolutely love it. My buddy has a P226 and actually prefers my SP2022 to his simply because it's poly framed and lighter. For some reason, we both shoot it better too. You can find the SP2022 for about $400 as well in either caliber. I'd recommend it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I did this today and I almost shed tears... I held this damned CZ you people won't stop talking about and "I GET IT" and I want it... I didn't know that a pistol could feel so right in my hand and wonder why in the hell every gun maker doesn't make a gun that feels like that?

The only thing to figure out now is what are my options and what is important and what isn't?

Is the shadow worth the extra money? Or will the standard 75b do the trick? Whats the price difference etc... etc... etc...

I have not gotten a chance to shoot the Shadow. But from others who I know and trust, the factory Shadows are very good guns. The custom Shadows are in a league of their own.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN

The Shadow does not have a firing pin block, while the 75B does. The Shadow has the better (lighter, smoother) trigger for target shooting or gaming, but I would not personally use a model without a firing pin block for daily carry.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have a cz75 custom shadow target.I compete and I carry it , chambered with DA first shot. Trigger pull for DA around 5lbs but is the smoothest DA i have ever felt. SA Is at 3 lbs and is a blast to shoot. Downside for a carry pistol is that it is heavy.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The Shadow does not have a firing pin block, while the 75B does. The Shadow has the better (lighter, smoother) trigger for target shooting or gaming, but I would not personally use a model without a firing pin block for daily carry.

I'm looking for something that I can hand down to the next generation, something I can use for the range, and potentially a home defense backup (to a 20gauge) so carrying won't be an issue.

I usually am not one for shiny guns, but I think I want one in stainless steel (or is it nickel?)... Do they make a Shadow in shiny? I've looked, but haven't really found the answer.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm looking for something that I can hand down to the next generation, something I can use for the range, and potentially a home defense backup (to a 20gauge) so carrying won't be an issue.

I usually am not one for shiny guns, but I think I want one in stainless steel (or is it nickel?)... Do they make a Shadow in shiny? I've looked, but haven't really found the answer.

I don't think they make a shiny Shadow, but you can buy a 75 or 75B and have the trigger/hammer modified by CZCustom or some other competent gunsmith.

CZ Custom Shop

ETA: here is a duo-tone Shadow: http://czcustom.com/cz75sp019shadowduotone.aspx

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ooh... I like that ^

Like someone mentioned earlier... the gun stores just don't have very many different models in stock to see and hold.

I appreciate all of the input :yesway:

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    This is a toughie just because the P226 Elite Stainless looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking cool. :(

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Voted CZ but I'm biased (own an 85 Combat); points great, fits my hand like a glove, super reliable and accurate. Shot my buddy's p226 and liked it as well, just not as much as my CZ. Don't think you could go wrong either way.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This is a toughie just because the P226 Elite Stainless looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking cool. :(

Does it look this cool? I didn't think so :cool:

P1080383.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This thread got the attention of CZ-USA on facebook. :ingo:

Wow, we're famous! IMO it would be crazy for any new shooter to pick the Sig over the CZ 75B. Get the CZ then add the kadet kit. Shoot a thousand .22s through her and that trigger will be just like butter. But then I may be just a tad biased. I own nine CZs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom