• ...and so much more!
  • What's better?

• Total voters

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    So far this is the only forum out of like 7 forums thats said to get the sig! Interesting.

Im really having a crappy time trying to decide which to get. Its seriously set my decision back a few months. fml

If only the sig wasnt so cool looking...

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Funny how the poll is tied but the Sig owners are not man enough to speak up about their guns. Perhaps because they have not tried a CZ and therefore are insecure in their choice after reading posts by people who have owned/tried both and clearly choses CZ over Sig.

Sig is certainly more popular in the US. Its got an advertising budget and a program to get police to carry them too. CZ is the underdog here, hard to find a shop that stocks them, but its hard to deny their appeal once they are in your hand at a range.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You obviously never shot a HK USP Tactical. If someone gave it you, well you probably would keep it. Just sayin'. I personally enjoy HK haters.:ingo:

:laugh:

I've owned one. It sucked. Even with the match trigger group. Worst gun I ever bought. :dunno: Lousy trigger, weird ergos, slow recoil impulse feel, ridiculously expensive mags.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

More wonderful Czech goodness for me! :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Funny how the poll is tied but the Sig owners are not man enough to speak up about their guns. Perhaps because they have not tried a CZ and therefore are insecure in their choice after reading posts by people who have owned/tried both and clearly choses CZ over Sig.

Sig is certainly more popular in the US. Its got an advertising budget and a program to get police to carry them too. CZ is the underdog here, hard to find a shop that stocks them, but its hard to deny their appeal once they are in your hand at a range.

I have owned Sigs as well as many other makes. I used to love to try different guns. Then I bought a CZ. Now eight of my nine handguns are CZs. All the guns on my "wish list" are CZs save one (1911).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wouldn't matter to me if they tried to give me a HK, its a brand that I will never own. The company has an arrogant and condescending position AGAINST civilian gun ownership and I'm not going to support them with my money.
    You obviously never shot a HK USP Tactical. If someone gave it you, well you probably would keep it. Just sayin'. I personally enjoy HK haters.:ingo:
    Actually I used to be a behind the scenes partner in a gun shop with a private range. I've shot more guns than you will dream of shooting. But that is not the point. I have principles and those include not supporting companies that don't respect me. HK was discontinued after I started buying inventory at the gun shop. HK's corporate position pretty much anti 2nd Amendment. They historically hold guns out of the civilian market, they refuse to support (with parts/service) their full auto weapons owned by civilians, etc. I have no need for them if they have no need for me as a customer. My hard earned $$$ is NOT going to support a company like that.

The USP Tactical is too bulky, personally the FNX is a better tactical gun, from a better company.

HK hater? Well the guns are pretty good. The company, however, can go f' itself.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I may just end up getting the CZ since it is cheaper, but dont wanna base this on cost.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have you had a chance to handle/shoot each one yet? Even if you can't shoot them before you buy, if you can hold them and dry fire a couple times, it'll be much easier to make up your mind.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So far this is the only forum out of like 7 forums thats said to get the sig! Interesting.

Im really having a crappy time trying to decide which to get. Its seriously set my decision back a few months. fml

Does it always take you this long to err, pull the trigger?

What are you shooting in the interum?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Does it always take you this long to, err, pull the trigger?

What have you been shooting in the mean time?

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Heh, i usually research the hell out of my purchases anyway, but guns are insane. Truly a pain in the ass to decide which to get.

I have nothing in the interim, this will be my first handgun purchase! :eek:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Heh, i usually research the hell out of my purchases anyway, but guns are insane. Truly a pain in the ass to decide which to get.

I have nothing in the interim, this will be my first handgun purchase! :eek:

Then my suggestion is to buy the CZ 75 and get the kadet kit. Then you can do a lot of cheap practice with the .22 and when you get comfortable with it you can shoot the 9mm.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Man, i'm extremely close to pulling the trigger (lol) on the CZ, even though when i picked it up it wasnt the most comfortable.

I REALLY want stainless, but i might get the SA. Wish the stainless was SAO.

When I held the SW M&P side by side with the CZ 75B I found the SW more comfortable (lighter, rubber grips). Never held or fired a Sig. Price and quality (value) were important to me. I went with the Cz because I wanted an all metal gun. After 1500 rnds, it's comfortable with the original plastic grips, and the Hogue rubber finger grips, and accurate as hell. Looks like a gun is supposed to. Sometimes I just send it to the range w/o me.

p.s. If you've never owned a hand gun before (like me), you might prefer the DA first shot followed by the next 15 rnds single shot. The DA first shot is like a safety. I have the BD which allows you to return to DA for safety after the first rnd. Carry w/o one in the chamber, or decocked (DA) feels good and gives you a bit of protection until you build confidence. If you've done that much research then you've been here.
    http://www.best9mm.com/ Good luck.

Disclaimer: I voted Cz never having fired or held a Sig. I wanted to see the poll results. Looks like my vote tipped towards the Cz. Take my vote with a grain of salt (substitute).

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I held the SW M&P side by side with the CZ 75B I found the SW more comfortable (lighter, rubber grips). I went with the Cz because I wanted an all metal gun. After 1500 rnds, it's comfortable with the original plastic grips, and the Hogue rubber finger grips, and accurate as hell. Looks like a gun is supposed to. Sometimes I just send it to the range w/o me.

I think mine would perform better that way.:D

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I held the SW M&P side by side with the CZ 75B I found the SW more comfortable (lighter, rubber grips). I went with the Cz because I wanted an all metal gun. After 1500 rnds, it's comfortable with the original plastic grips, and the Hogue rubber finger grips, and accurate as hell. Looks like a gun is supposed to. Sometimes I just send it to the range w/o me.

I have an M&P9c and a CZ 85C and find them both very comfortable to shoot. The grip on the M&P is just outstanding, but I also really like the ergonomics of the CZ. I'm using the factory thin wood grips on the CZ and the large backstrap on the 9c.

:cheers:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have an M&P9c and a CZ 85C and find them both very comfortable to shoot. The grip on the M&P is just outstanding, but I also really like the ergonomics of the CZ. I'm using the factory thin wood grips on the CZ and the large backstrap on the 9c.

:cheers:
    I have shot a friend's M&P9c a number of times. I can't get used to the polymer grip. Guess I am just a steel guy.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I have shot a friend's M&P9c a number of times. I can't get used to the polymer grip. Guess I am just a steel guy.

I resisted replacing the original plastic grips on the 75BD (resisted the pull of accessorizing consumerism) and grew to like them. I bought the Hogue rubber because I was curious and they were cheap. The only reason the rubber is still on is I'm lazy about replacing the plastic. The simple plastic grips have a slimmer feel which goes well with this narrow, but weighty steel beauty. Did I just say 'beauty?' Am I starting to love my gun? Note to self; schedule therapy........

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    :laugh:

I've owned one. It sucked. Even with the match trigger group. Worst gun I ever bought. :dunno: Lousy trigger, weird ergos, slow recoil impulse feel, ridiculously expensive mags.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

More wonderful Czech goodness for me! :D

What you fail to realize is that I own CZs also(CZ75 PCR & P-01). I'm not bashing CZs at all. I actually like them that is why I obviously own them. My USP Tactical has the best trigger I have ever owned(hands down). Like you said it may not fit your style, but it does mine so I guess more HK goodness for me!:ingo:

Top Bottom