• What's better?

• Total voters

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Im nowhere close to being a competition shooter, and Ive never fired a non-FPB CZ75. So to me and most shooters like me, it makes little difference. The closest thing that Ive shot would be a Series 70 1911 vs Series 80 1911. I know the 80 has an FPB but I cant really tell a difference in trigger pull.

She (Tamara, Im assuming She) still hasnt given any explanation as to why she feels the way she does about CZ or Sig. In my experiance both are awesome guns. The only real blemish I see against Sig is the P250 line.

Having owned both as well, I agree completely.

At the $1,000ish price point (typical stainless elite price ballpark), the CZ 75 Shadow is a better comparison than a base stainless 75b at about $5-600. My $.02 is that its a better buy than 1k for a stainless elite as well.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Having owned both as well, I agree completely.

At the $1,000ish price point (typical stainless elite price ballpark), the CZ 75 Shadow is a better comparison than a base stainless 75b at about $5-600. My $.02 is that its a better buy than 1k for a stainless elite as well.

Argeed. Given the choice of a 226 Elite stainless, or a CZ75 Shadow Id take the shadow hands down.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Having owned both as well. . .
    Another who has owned both. In fact I sold my Sig and now own about a dozen CZ 75 variants.

One thing that I am critical of with the Sigs is their grip. Some of the newer models have modular components but the Sig has a grip that either fits your hand or it doesn't fit. The CZ seems to fit more hands more comfortably and that leads to better controllability. I wonder if it also is part of the reason so many CZ owners proclaim that the guns are so accurate.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Another who has owned both. In fact I sold my Sig and now own about a dozen CZ 75 variants.

One thing that I am critical of with the Sigs is their grip. Some of the newer models have modular components but the Sig has a grip that either fits your hand or it doesn't fit. The CZ seems to fit more hands more comfortably and that leads to better controllability. I wonder if it also is part of the reason so many CZ owners proclaim that the guns are so accurate.

That seems to be a trend. I don't have any SIGs anymore, and I will not be selling my CZs anytime soon. I wouldn't mind having another P226, but when it came time for me to choose the 226ST I had most recently or another Shadow, the choice was an easy one.

The SIG fit me fine, (I wear XL motorcycle gloves) but not my petite 5'4" wife. The CZ fit me even better, and fits her small hands as well. It's a rare gun that can do that.

The other plus factor for the CZ is the trigger has much better potential. With a little polishing and some springs, I have a DA pull under 6lbs, SA @ 2.25 that will set off winchester primers 100%.

As far as I know, that's not possible with a SIG. You can get close, but you need several hundred dollars of work completely rejiggering the internals to do it.

That's not to say the 226 isn't great, in my experience it most certainly is. It's just that the CZ is better.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I wouldn't mind buying the shadow, but they don't offer it in stainless and I think the black polycoat is fugly. :( I want to get a gun I think looks nice and shoots well.

I haven't handled the Sig, but I did pick up a 75B at the 1500 and neither me nor my brother were too impressed with the way it felt, which confused me because nearly everyone says they have the best ergonomics ever. :eek:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I wouldn't mind buying the shadow, but they don't offer it in stainless and I think the black polycoat is fugly. :( I want to get a gun I think looks nice and shoots well.

I haven't handled the Sig, but I did pick up a 75B at the 1500 and neither me nor my brother were too impressed with the way it felt, which confused me because nearly everyone says they have the best ergonomics ever. :eek:

If you don't like the CZ, I'd be shocked if you like the SIG, ergonomically.

Shadows can be made quite pretty, if I say so myself. :D

IMG_0345.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Handle a Sig, then handle a Glock, then handle an H&K then go back and handle the CZ. Youll get it then.

Just dont handle a 1911 or youll be buying it instead of the CZ.

And honestly like Rob377 said, Polycoat guns can be made pretty also they normally weigh less than the Stainless guns.

The only advantage of Stainless is corrosion resistance and that is debateable with proper maintainance.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Handle a Sig, then handle a Glock, then handle an H&K then go back and handle the CZ. Youll get it then.

Just dont handle a 1911 or youll be buying it instead of the CZ.

This.

Without a frame of reference, you really won't know good from bad.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Don't Own Either, But........

Don't own either. A good friend of mine has 6 Glocks, so you can say he is
    a Glock fan. He also owns a CZ75. He clains to have over 15,000 rounds through the CZ, and he says it looks almost knew. When pressed to the point, he admits he thinks the CZ is the best overall gun for shooting fun.
    Don't know anyone with a Sig, but my gun shop guy, says all but the
    22 caliber sig pistol, are good.
    For what it's worth.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    At a swap meet at ACC Sat we compared my Custom Shop 75 T DA/SA
    to 2 Sig P226's that had been back to Sig for the "action enhancement job" even the Sig owners liked the CZ better.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just make sure that HK isn't a . . .
    Wouldn't matter to me if they tried to give me a HK, its a brand that I will never own. The company has an arrogant and condescending position AGAINST civilian gun ownership and I'm not going to support them with my money.

At a swap meet at ACC Sat we compared my Custom Shop 75 T DA/SA
    to 2 Sig P226's that had been back to Sig for the "action enhancement job" even the Sig owners liked the CZ better.
    At one time I owned a CZ and a Sig. I sold the Sig and now I have almost a dozen CZs. Shoot both. Hold both. Use both. There really is no comparison. CZs are really THAT good. :yesway: Heck I was so impressed with their pistols that I bought my daughter a CZ Woodcock Deluxe O/U shotgun to learn how to Trap Shoot, that impressed me so much I bought a CZ 527 Carbine rifle that I am in the process of re-barreling to 6.5 Grendel.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Man, i'm extremely close to pulling the trigger (lol) on the CZ, even though when i picked it up it wasnt the most comfortable.

I REALLY want stainless, but i might get the SA. Wish the stainless was SAO.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Yet another advantage of the CZ is that it is extremely easy to convert to SAO.

Does this make the trigger better? If i could get a stainless SAO i would, but they dont make those. So if i could get the stainless and convert it to SAO i definitely would if there was a benefit.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I was trained and issued with a Sig 9mm, military version of P226 in 2 decades ago. Have been shooting it and shot it well enough to save a few lives with it. I have never fire or even held a CZ but have read about it for a while. Since I still have the P226 I am happy with. I just don't think it's justified to spend for another gun I might like better. Budget is really tight these days, just not enough to get more toys. Family first.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

[

I voted P226. I have 4 Sigs, 5 HKs, 2 CZs, & 2 1911s. I picked the Sig 226 over the CZ 75. My dad sold his CZ 75 because he didn't like the way it gripped. He now either carries a Kimber Tact Pro or Sig 239. I like them all, but my EDC is a HK.:twocents:

Yup. Trying a CZ is the easiest way to convince someone to sell their Sig :):
    Nope not really.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Wouldn't matter to me if they tried to give me a HK, its a brand that I will never own. The company has an arrogant and condescending position AGAINST civilian gun ownership and I'm not going to support them with my money.

You obviously never shot a HK USP Tactical. If someone gave it you, well you probably would keep it. Just sayin'. I personally enjoy HK haters.:ingo:

Top Bottom