• Total voters

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Fenway's very first line in the OP states what the shirt is representing..... "In honor of the Blade event and the activity this forum gets I think it's time for an INGO shirt for the Cutting Edge forum fans." It is not a shirt for the Chop-IN, it's not a shirt for some special club or a small group of people that have a inside joke. I'm surprised at the number of people in this discussion that are twisting and spinning the reasons of the design for the justification of it. I still stand by my original posting in this thread. The words used and the image of the design does not reflect a positive image for knives and edged tools. :twocents:
    I'm not twisting or spinning anything. That's what I thought of when I saw it. Get off your high horse

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm not twisting or spinning anything. That's what I thought of when I saw it. Get off your high horse

Really? You're going to take this to the level of immaturity? Up until now the discussions on this topic has been civil regardless of whether people have agreed or disagreed. My latest comment was not directed at any one person, but more towards several that have stated why the "Blood Club" wording was being used in the design. I'm very curious as to why you have such an interest in this discussion since you have admitted that you are not a knife enthusiast and have contributed very little in the Cutting Edge forum.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Really? You're going to take this to the level of immaturity? Up until now the discussions on this topic has been civil regardless of whether people have agreed or disagreed. My latest comment was not directed at any one person, but more towards several that have stated why the "Blood Club" wording was being used in the design. I'm very curious as to why you have such an interest in this discussion since you have admitted that you are not a knife enthusiast and have contributed very little in the Cutting Edge forum.
    I'm not into knives as much as firearms and I don't go out and buy knives as collectors pieces I buy them because I like them and because they are tools. I'm not new to knives. Also I constantly read the knife threads. Sometimes there's no reason to comment. It doesn't make me any less of a member. Your projecting the "knife snob" attitude by those comments.
    You took it to the next level by insinuating dishonesty or misdirection by some. Your barking up the wrong tree. Don't flip your escalation onto me.
    im done discussing it on here as it detracts from an awesome shirt. If you have anything else to discuss with me you can PM me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No matter what the shirt says it will always represent the good times with friends and what they taught me about knives. It's not like this is the ONLY t-shirt that can or will be made. It's just an idea and all ideas are not embraced by all. I'm sure Fenway tries to please most of the people all of the time, but he knows he can never satisfy all of the people all if the time. He may go back to the drawing board, but if not, I'll send my $20 just to support the site.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You would still be able to sell a INGO knife shirt without the blood word or red ink imaging blood on it. So why not construct another design that would include ALL of the Cutting Edge enthusiast. A simple fix.

I'm sure if you submitted a design it could be considered. The fact is, people wear shirts that are cool and that is subjective. I am not interested in a simple design and would rather have something that pushes the envelope. We have INGO t-shirts and caps to fit various styles. The same could be done for knife shirts, in time.

Last edited:

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think people have blown this way out of context. The fact is, wether you want to admit it or not, knives cut stuff. Often times that stuff bleeds after being cut. A shirt saying Cutting Edge and a pic of a knife could easily be take in a negative way to people out of the know as well. If you don't like the shirt simply don't buy one. I'm quite sure all of us see stuff every day and think what the hell was that person thinking. We go on about our business and forget about it. Same would happen with this shirt.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    No matter what the shirt says it will always represent the good times with friends and what they taught me about knives. It's not like this is the ONLY t-shirt that can or will be made. It's just an idea and all ideas are not embraced by all. I'm sure Fenway tries to please most of the people all of the time, but he knows he can never satisfy all of the people all if the time. He may go back to the drawing board, but if not, I'll send my $20 just to support the site.

How does Blood Club represent good times? Was Blood Club mentioned at the Chop In's when I wasn't around? Maybe there are other knife events I missed where it was mentioned? I never heard it til this weekend.

Like many others, I just spent three days at Blade Show in Atlanta. I was around knife people all day and night. I wouldn't have worn a blood club shirt if it was free.

When most of the the INGO knife enthusiasts don't like it then it's time to go back to the drawing board.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Mom sure if you submitted a design it could be considered. The fact is, people wear shirts that are cool and that is subjective. I am not interested in a simple design and would rather have something that pushes the envelope. We have INGO t-shirts and caps to fit various styles. The same could be done for knife shirts, in time.

I have yet to see a INGO shirt with a firearm on it yet this is a gun forum and the shirts seem to sell. So why does blood have to be on the shirt to sell for a knife shirt?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've been doing this (design) for 25 years. Rarely do I get a hit/approval on the first go around, criticism is important. I appreciate the comment about the design being nice. But I also value the criticism that it isn't befitting INGO or the knife community.

As the designer, (and not being a blade guy) I can tell you that I developed the design to be intended as an 'insider' type of shirt where the title and knife, were the focus (hence the small INGO on the handle). Disagree with it, or not. It was not intended to sell INGO, nor was it intended to sell knives. That was my position on the design concept. If the focus was to promote INGO, I can assure you I would have put a knife in between the larger letters IN and GO like most of my other designs. But I chose to differentiate it from the usual INGO layout, because it pertained to a select few (those who enjoy blades). I chose red because I am a rocket surgeon, and the title was BLOOD CLUB. My original concept was on a black shirt, but we have gotten more requests for 'not black' shirts, so tan, grey & red were chosen for visibility/contrast (White is not popular).

Clearly many here (like myself, initially) did not get the 'blood club' reference. And that's ok. Better to find out now rather than after ordering a bunch of shirts. I apologize for not hitting the mark on this one. But we will continue to push the envelope with new ideas, as most stuff in the past has been well received.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I apologize for not hitting the mark on this one.

No apology needed Sir, thank you for taking the time to design a shirt for such a small group.

Knife people are typically very friendly helpful people, maybe we can help come up with some ideas? :dunno:

If I may suggest, stay away from any certain brands, it would be like putting a picture of a beautiful 1911 on a shirt, every Glock, M&P, and Sig guy would have a problem with it. :):

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Thank you Robby for your time. Great idea for a INGO knife shirt and I agree with Dave. Lots of us enjoy knives and we are here for you if you need us.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This really sucks and I'm really surprised some have taken this tone about a shirt. I'm no self-proclaimed "knife guy" and probably never will be. Still, I've bought plenty and will continue. However, there is a way to say anything and it can be done without positioning yourself as the guru and expert for branding the image of those who belong to your group.

Robby, thanks for the work and Fenway, thanks for suggesting the shirt. Maybe you can produce the image of a knife with INGO below it or something?

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    yeh

I'm a little late to the party here, I like the color combo of tan and red, that's nice. What I think we need on there is another shrubbery, set below the first one to give it a kind of two tier effect. Then we'll need you to cut down the largest tree in the forrest with.....A HERRING!!! That's it, the Herring Club! In all seriousness though, as far as colors go, that tan and red really pop, I'd like a nice logo on the front with a great big INGO on the back, that'd make a sweet shirt and I wouldn't feel all front heavy when I wore it. Know what would be even cooler, when a name/logo is agreed upon a patch for my hat, I moved my INGO patch to my soft gun case. Thank for whoever put time into this, it's a solid thought and obviously something people do want given the response.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Your apology is appreciated, but not necessary in my opinion! You met your design specs as they were presented to you! Aesthetically, I think it's cool. I just didn't think it made much sense as a symbol of INGO Cutting Edge forum.

I've been doing this (design) for 25 years. Rarely do I get a hit/approval on the first go around, criticism is important. I appreciate the comment about the design being nice. But I also value the criticism that it isn't befitting INGO or the knife community.

As the designer, (and not being a blade guy) I can tell you that I developed the design to be intended as an 'insider' type of shirt where the title and knife, were the focus (hence the small INGO on the handle). Disagree with it, or not. It was not intended to sell INGO, nor was it intended to sell knives. That was my position on the design concept. If the focus was to promote INGO, I can assure you I would have put a knife in between the larger letters IN and GO like most of my other designs. But I chose to differentiate it from the usual INGO layout, because it pertained to a select few (those who enjoy blades). I chose red because I am a rocket surgeon, and the title was BLOOD CLUB. My original concept was on a black shirt, but we have gotten more requests for 'not black' shirts, so tan, grey & red were chosen for visibility/contrast (White is not popular).

Clearly many here (like myself, initially) did not get the 'blood club' reference. And that's ok. Better to find out now rather than after ordering a bunch of shirts. I apologize for not hitting the mark on this one. But we will continue to push the envelope with new ideas, as most stuff in the past has been well received.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    At first I thought the blood reference was like you spilled someone's blood with the knife so you're now in an elite club. I thought that's kind of interesting. And pretty ballsy for INGO, although I probably wouldn't wear it to court. Sort of like those GORUCK patches that say "Move Toward Gunfire. Kill Everything."

But now I find out it means the opposite? So, the blood is the owner's? Like he screwed up, made a mistake and cut himself? And now he's in the Club? Because he messed up? I think I like that meaning even less.

I can't wait to see what y'all do with the INGO Blood Club: Gun Edition! Maybe we can get Tex Grubner to sponsor them!

All that being said, I like the red.

Top Bottom