• Cutting Edge Shirt

• Total voters

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I think the design is stellar. Although a good cold steel in it would take it to the next level. As for the blood club? I don't get it. Have a chopper cutting through the words "cutting edge" and bam! You got hay.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Like I said great idea I just wish the design and name was different. If it is to represent a Chop In then maybe change the title to INGO Chopper. My opinion is only mine but I am looking at a broader view point and from I read and hear from our distributors on what we order and where it has to be shipped from I am a little more in tune with what can be interpreted the wrong way. That is all I am saying.

So we need to be more P.C. ? When do we stop trying to appease everybody? All the Zombie crap floating around with all the blood and gore is okay but lo unto us for wanting to just have some fun. I can't come up with anything close to a good alternate idea for one. Got another we can vote on?

Bob

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm all for an INGO Cutting Edge shirt, it's a great idea, but with all due respect, the current shirt absolutely sends the wrong message and image of what knives are really about.

Do you realize that every day we are in a fight to retain our current freedoms and also trying to restore some of the freedoms that we have already lost (related to current knife laws). Things like carry issues, blade length, assisted open knives, and automatic knives. Don't believe me? Check out the Knife Rights website and look at the daily battles we are facing over laws that will take away some of our knife freedoms. Knife Rights - Home These efforts are no more different than the people that enjoy firearms, fighting to keep their freedoms with respect to all of the proposed laws that will take away your firearm rights. For people that are already into (enjoy and have a passion) knives, and know that knives are tools, they will see no problem with this shirt simply because they already know and understand what knives are about and know what the intended uses are for knives. The reason I believe this is the wrong image or message lies with the people that have a neutral opinion about knives, swaying them to our side is what we are looking for, because once they go “anti”, getting them back on our side is very difficult. This is no different than the people that are neutral on gun issues....you want them on our side.

I know some of you will think I'm over reacting, but my passion for knives is the same passion that the gun people on this forum have about firearms, and I'm about sure if a shirt designed with a firearm, sent a message of violence, that a lot of those people would be upset.

For those who will call my views being "politically correct", it may be just that, but as knife enthuses, we have enough battles in trying to keep our freedoms, and being your own worse enemy will set you back in those battles. I really believe that enhancing positive perceptions of knives and edged tools and their owners is a more effective way to influence public policy and to oppose efforts in restricting our rights to own, use, and carry knives and edged tools.

I won't support this design and I won't be purchasing a shirt with this design.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I like the design and don't really care how it works out as long as I get my shirt. XXXL plz.

I have to say though this reeks of bowing to the PC crowd and that sort of irks me.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I agree with brad, we need to represent the knife world in a positive light. You never know how things will be used to take our rights. We live in a state with pretty decent knife laws, let's keep it that way. We don't want to lose our right to auto's and end up with blade length laws.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Blood Club really? I am pretty sure most people on this forum probably only draw their own blood with their knives. I would not want to be wearing a shirt that said blood club with a knife on it while carrying not only a big folding knife but also quite frequently a firearm somewhere on my person. That is not the image we as responsible knife/gun owners want to represent ourselves with.

I view the title of this shirt akin to one for the long gun section portraying an AR-15 with a smoking barrel with a school in the back ground. And to everyone saying we are bending PC crowd you are right every day we are fighting a public relations war in this country with the majority of the mainstream media portraying knives and guns as evil weapons of destruction. And as law abiding upstanding citizens who happen to carry guns and knives on a daily basis we need to conduct ourselves a some of the best members of society in order to fight the media portrayal.

So that is exactly how I feel and if some members dont care about keeping, preserving and furthering our rights because you dont care about being "PC" Look at where not being "PC" got the texas open carry people.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I'm all for an INGO Cutting Edge shirt, it's a great idea, but with all due respect, the current shirt absolutely sends the wrong message and image of what knives are really about.

Do you realize that every day we are in a fight to retain our current freedoms and also trying to restore some of the freedoms that we have already lost (related to current knife laws). Things like carry issues, blade length, assisted open knives, and automatic knives. Don't believe me? Check out the Knife Rights website and look at the daily battles we are facing over laws that will take away some of our knife freedoms. Knife Rights - Home These efforts are no more different than the people that enjoy firearms, fighting to keep their freedoms with respect to all of the proposed laws that will take away your firearm rights. For people that are already into (enjoy and have a passion) knives, and know that knives are tools, they will see no problem with this shirt simply because they already know and understand what knives are about and know what the intended uses are for knives. The reason I believe this is the wrong image or message lies with the people that have a neutral opinion about knives, swaying them to our side is what we are looking for, because once they go “anti”, getting them back on our side is very difficult. This is no different than the people that are neutral on gun issues....you want them on our side.

I know some of you will think I'm over reacting, but my passion for knives is the same passion that the gun people on this forum have about firearms, and I'm about sure if a shirt designed with a firearm, sent a message of violence, that a lot of those people would be upset.

For those who will call my views being "politically correct", it may be just that, but as knife enthuses, we have enough battles in trying to keep our freedoms, and being your own worse enemy will set you back in those battles. I really believe that enhancing positive perceptions of knives and edged tools and their owners is a more effective way to influence public policy and to oppose efforts in restricting our rights to own, use, and carry knives and edged tools.

I won't support this design and I won't be purchasing a shirt with this design.

I like the shirt and design but I'm with Knife Lady on this one. As a gun owner and 24/7 carry person I try to keep a stellar image and try not to be a cliché for the antis.

I agree with brad, we need to represent the knife world in a positive light. You never know how things will be used to take our rights. We live in a state with pretty decent knife laws, let's keep it that way. We don't want to lose our right to auto's and end up with blade length laws.

Blood Club really? I am pretty sure most people on this forum probably only draw their own blood with their knives. I would not want to be wearing a shirt that said blood club with a knife on it while carrying not only a big folding knife but also quite frequently a firearm somewhere on my person. That is not the image we as responsible knife/gun owners want to represent ourselves with.

I view the title of this shirt akin to one for the long gun section portraying an AR-15 with a smoking barrel with a school in the back ground. And to everyone saying we are bending PC crowd you are right every day we are fighting a public relations war in this country with the majority of the mainstream media portraying knives and guns as evil weapons of destruction. And as law abiding upstanding citizens who happen to carry guns and knives on a daily basis we need to conduct ourselves a some of the best members of society in order to fight the media portrayal.

So that is exactly how I feel and if some members dont care about keeping, preserving and furthering our rights because you dont care about being "PC" Look at where not being "PC" got the texas open carry people.

Again, +1 to all.
    If business owners in the knife industry who are also members here on INGO, are hesitant about something, I'm pretty sure they have valid reasons.
    Without their input at all, as soon as I saw the logo I thought it was bad representation. Quite frankly, like something someone would buy
    at Hot Topic, or whatever those weirdo stores are. To each their own, my opinion doesn't really matter, but I wouldn't wear it for free.:twocents:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I think a lot of folks are really over reacting right now. Honestly how many people will even see this shirt. The vast majority of Americans are so caught up on their phones and everything else they barely pay attention to wear they are walking. If they do see it they will have no idea what it means and in turn quickly right it off. I'm a massive knife rights supporter. I have sent so many emails and called on the phones. This IMO in no way sets us back. With it saying blood club most people will probably think it was a give away shirt at a blood drive or something.

It's not like the knife is stabbing someone or anything. It's just laying there. These shirts are pretty mild compared to most the stuff out there now. Either way I will buy one when they come out.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I like what Robbie has done, awesome work as always!

I personally would rather have a INGO Cutting Edge, or INGO Chop-In shirt. I guess that's from trying to make sure no more blood is left at the Chop-In, :runaway: :faint:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Again, +1 to all.
    If business owners in the knife industry who are also members here on INGO, are hesitant about something, I'm pretty sure they have valid reasons.
    Without their input at all, as soon as I saw the logo I thought it was bad representation. Quite frankly, like something someone would buy
    at Hot Topic, or whatever those weirdo stores are. To each their own, my opinion doesn't really matter, but I wouldn't wear it for free.:twocents:

You have the best sig line....... it is perfectly said and so very true.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can see where those with a financial interest in the knife industry would want to be PC and tip toe every knife issue.
    for me as a entry level knife enthusiast (more into tomahawks), I really don't care what more restrictive "laws" they try to come up with, because they can't have mine no matter what. Same as guns.
    We aren't doing anything wrong and I could give a **** less who doesn't like my shirt, just like I won't apologize for being an American or supporting the second amendment. Nor am I responsible for when a lunatic goes on a shooting or stabbing spree.
    2XL for me and looks like a lot of others will buy one too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a moot issue for me personally since t-shirts are never available in my size.

Given that, here is my opinion:

• I like the basic aesthetic aspects of the design. It should be possible to adapt it to a different choice of text if the desire exists.
    • I don't get the blood club thing. Is there some group on here who refers to themselves as the "blood club" or something?
    • I see what Knife Lady and Brad are saying. I wouldn't label it political correctness, but what do I know? I see two people who understand the industry from a different perspective than those of us who are consumers only. Some decisions are wiser than others.
    • Given two valued members of our community have reservations, I would ask, what does this group gain by having a shirt that says "blood club" on it? Again, unless I'm missing something, I've not seen anyone refer to the INGO Cutting Edge forum that way. At this point, other than an "IN YOUR FACE!" kind of message, I don't understand it.

Top Bottom