• Cutting Edge Shirt

• Total voters

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is a moot issue for me personally since t-shirts are never available in my size.

Given that, here is my opinion:

• I like the basic aesthetic aspects of the design. It should be possible to adapt it to a different choice of text if the desire exists.
    • I don't get the blood club thing. Is there some group on here who refers to themselves as the "blood club" or something?
    • I see what Knife Lady and Brad are saying. I wouldn't label it political correctness, but what do I know? I see two people who understand the industry from a different perspective than those of us who are consumers only. Some decisions are wiser than others.
    • Given two valued members of our community have reservations, I would ask, what does this group gain by having a shirt that says "blood club" on it? Again, unless I'm missing something, I've not seen anyone refer to the INGO Cutting Edge forum that way. At this point, other than an "IN YOUR FACE!" kind of message, I don't understand it.

I THINK I understand the text "blood club"...

It's been said on this forum that if your blade tastes your blood, you officially own that blade, or that blade owns you.

A least I THINK that's what that means.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

It's been said on this forum that if your blade tastes your blood, you officially own that blade, or that blade owns you.

With the confusion on INGO over the meaning I can see a general public doing a double take on them.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I like what Robbie has done, awesome work as always!

I personally would rather have a INGO Cutting Edge, or INGO Chop-In shirt. I guess that's from trying to make sure no more blood is left at the Chop-In, :runaway: :faint:

This idea was born from what you and Grunt used to say all the time: "Until it cuts you, you don't own it!" or something to that effect. It has nothing to do with using a knife to kill anyone. It's sort of an "inside joke" among those who were very active in the knife sub-forum and attended the Chop-In events. It simply means of you are a part of the blood club, you are among those dumb enough to cut yourself with your own knife. Among those who know, it's funny. Among those who don't, it's a hard-core image. This is just my take on it, but it wasn't supposed to be a political statement as far as I'm aware.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Sorry, but I did not see your post. This is absolutely correct. I guess a broke clock can be right twice a day.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This idea was born from what you and Grunt used to say all the time: "Until it cuts you, you don't own it!" or something to that effect. It has nothing to do with using a knife to kill anyone. It's sort of an "inside joke" among those who were very active in the knife sub-forum and attended the Chop-In events. It simply means of you are a part of the blood club, you are among those dumb enough to cut yourself with your own knife. Among those who know, it's funny. Among those who don't, it's a hard-core image. This is just my take on it, but it wasn't supposed to be a political statement as far as I'm aware.
    this is exactly how I took it. I didn't do the chop ins but I did read all the threads on them and remembered that being discussed.
    its a brilliant design no matter what words are on the shirt. Very awesome work RobbyMaq!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Okay, that explains what it means. Thank you!

Which also means that's it has a specific meaning for a subset of people who frequent this forum. If the shirt is just for them and people who identify with it for some other reason, then I see it. It doesn't seem to be representative of the forum and the rest of the people overall, though. I'm not the most active member or contributor here, but I'm far from the least active and it ("blood club") was literally meaningless to me. I don't see an inherent problem with a group of people wanting and getting tshirts that represent their inside joke/story/club, but is that what is best for a shirt that is ostensibly intended to represent the INGO Cutting Edge forum and all of the people who contribute and enjoy it?

Keeping in mind that our opinions were solicited on the color scheme only, I'll end with this. If it hasn't been done so already, I think Fenway or the group or both should decide what the purpose of the t-shirt is. Is it to represent and celebrate the forum overall or is it for the members for which "Blood Club" is meaningful? Once that is explicitly defined, then deciding what is preferred and appropriate for the shirt should be simpler to determine.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't like snakes. Whatever change I will do without a shirt with a snake on it. I find snakes have he wrong connotation for my likes.
    I find the whole hoo haw about this shirt rather remarkable at this point. Clearly no one will be happy with it so let's split the difference:

INGO CUTTING EDGE FORUM T-SHIRT

might be a good way to show all the ideas with out any graphics is all t should say, with a front pocket to boot. I like those. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't like snakes. Whatever change I will do without a shirt with a snake on it. I find snakes have he wrong connotation for my likes.
    I find the whole hoo haw about this shirt rather remarkable at this point. Clearly no one will be happy with it so let's split the difference:

INGO CUTTING EDGE FORUM T-SHIRT

might be a good way to show all the ideas with out any graphics is all t should say, with a front pocket to boot. I like those. :)

Or when the time for a t-shirt for the INGO Shooting Sports forum arrives, we have it say "40 Hand Club." Some of the regulars there will know exactly what it means and some of them have had it. Most will scratch their heads and wonder what it was means. When it's explained to them, they will "get it," but they'll continue to wonder why that phrase was chosen to represent the forum as a whole.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I would think, since we just got the right back to carry them, a switchblade should be on the shirt. I am all for a nice OTF Microtech.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Fenway's very first line in the OP states what the shirt is representing..... "In honor of the Blade event and the activity this forum gets I think it's time for an INGO shirt for the Cutting Edge forum fans." It is not a shirt for the Chop-IN, it's not a shirt for some special club or a small group of people that have a inside joke. I'm surprised at the number of people in this discussion that are twisting and spinning the reasons of the design for the justification of it. I still stand by my original posting in this thread. The words used and the image of the design does not reflect a positive image for knives and edged tools. :twocents:

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not a huge knife guy like the others here, but even if I was, my views on this shirt wouldn't change.

My views:

For me, it's not a political thing, but I certainly understand what someone else sees. For me personally, I don't like the design of the shirt, and wouldn't buy it. I'd rather the design be something else.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Fenway's very first line in the OP states what the shirt is representing..... "In honor of the Blade event and the activity this forum gets I think it's time for an INGO shirt for the Cutting Edge forum fans." It is not a shirt for the Chop-IN, it's not a shirt for some special club or a small group of people that have a inside joke. I'm surprised at the number of people in this discussion that are twisting and spinning the reasons of the design for the justification of it. I still stand by my original posting in this thread. The words used and image of the design don't reflect a positive image for knives and edged tools. :twocents:

I'd love to have a shirt that had that "M&Ms" design in your sig line...

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I may not post a lot in the Cutting Edge section, but i do frequent it as im stepping deeper into the knife wormhole :runaway:

That being said, i figured that's what the shirt meant...but I agree that the shirts design may draw the wrong sort of attention to the website...JMHO :dunno:

I say change "Blood Club" to "The Cutting Edge" and add a line of text under the blade that semi-explains the Blood Club, like the "Until it cuts you, you don't own it!" quote.

Sidebar...can we have a "Wallet?" tshirt? Or one that says "I got my 50 quality posts and all i got was this lousy tshirt" :):

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    You would still be able to sell a INGO knife shirt without the blood word or red ink imaging blood on it. So why not construct another design that would include ALL of the Cutting Edge enthusiast. A simple fix.

Top Bottom