• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You know what urks me... Everyone says it because of sandy hook that these are taking so long. I say, ok? so how come I applied 2 months before sandy hook, and im still waiting?

Serious question.. So dont pick me to lash out at for "*****ing"

Sounds like you need to contact them, that doesn't sound right.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Ive tried calling the number probably 20 times, I get the message, press the button(forgot what button). No one answers. Just a fast tone

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Ive tried calling the number probably 20 times, I get the message, press the button(forgot what button). No one answers. Just a fast tone

I always call first thing int he morning, around 8-8:15 and I always get someone who's willing to help.

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Anyone know what the current time frame is? I went to L1 on 7 Jan, and paid the county fee on the 9th of Jan. Still waiting. I just saw that email address for them THANKS!! I will have to see if there is any hold up on my paper work I guess

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Anyone know what the current time frame is? I went to L1 on 7 Jan, and paid the county fee on the 9th of Jan. Still waiting. I just saw that email address for them THANKS!! I will have to see if there is any hold up on my paper work I guess

If you read back a couple pages you will see what the current wait times have been.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Last I heard, they were working on Jan 3-4. Sounds like you are within 2 weeks, give or take a day or two.

P.S. I have no affiliation with the ISP. I could be VERY wrong.

Last edited:

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    This was on the ISP page of the IN.gov site:

ISP is experiencing a high volume of phone calls. If you are checking the status of your firearms application, include your full name, date of birth, and date that your money order was cashed.

ATTENTION: If you have already submitted a firearms application, the following timelines should be anticipated: For those using Morpho Trust USA (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--10 to 12 weeks from the date your money order was cashed. For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--15 to 17 weeks from the date your money order was cashed. If you have any prior criminal history, the above timelines may be extended until your criminal history can be reviewed.

Please DO NOT request a status check regarding your firearm permit application unless the timeframe significantly exceeds the projected issue dates listed above.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    You know what urks me... Everyone says it because of sandy hook that these are taking so long. I say, ok? so how come I applied 2 months before sandy hook, and im still waiting?

Serious question.. So dont pick me to lash out at for "*****ing"

You should be ashamed of yourself! You know our government would never use an excuse that isn't true! :patriot:

TrentS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Speedway
    I started the permit process online 1 January, and then finished up January 8 at the Speedway police station where I was fingerprinted and the application was submitted by the office personnel.
    I no longer go to the mailbox expecting it to be there. I have basically come to the conclusion that it will be here when it gets here. Besides I'm more concerned with the fact that I can't find or buy 5.56, 223, .40, 9mm or 22 LR ammo.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I no longer go to the mailbox expecting it to be there. I have basically come to the conclusion that it will be here when it gets here. Besides I'm more concerned with the fact that I can't find or buy 5.56, 223, .40, 9mm or 22 LR ammo.
    Agreed on both points.

All reports indicate that the rate of incoming applications has gone way, way up from last summer. ISP is not in a position to simply increase staff to process the load. If extra staffing wasn't in their budget last year, there's just no money available now to add staff. And my guess is that there won't be any extra people in the budget this year because the governor and the legislature are intent on lowering taxes.

As for ammo, there's nothing stopping you from buying it now. Set limits on how much per round you'll pay and buy it when you find it under that price. If it piles up in your gun safe at home, you'll be ready when your LTCH comes.

P.S. I'm still waiting, too.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Man, I've got till the end of next month before I hit 12 weeks. Oh well, I knew I would be waiting.

Maybe this is a stupid question, how exactly do I determine the day my Money Order was cashed? They gave me a Receipt February 8th when I finished the application process at the ISP. Is this the date it was cashed then?

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Besides I'm more concerned with the fact that I can't find or buy 5.56, 223, .40, 9mm or 22 LR ammo.

I started buying mine online. It sucks having to wait days for it but at least you can still get it. Better get it as soon as you can before the idiot at the White House double or triples taxes on ammo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom