• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ausra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    SW Indy
    My wife and I applied online on January 30th, did the L1 fingerprinting process and paid our fees on February 1st and our money orders were cashed on March 1st. So far we haven't seen our licenses but its only been 1.5 weeks since our money orders were cashed. Patiently waiting lol

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    This was on the ISP page of the IN.gov site:

ISP is experiencing a high volume of phone calls. If you are checking the status of your firearms application, include your full name, date of birth, and date that your money order was cashed.

ATTENTION: If you have already submitted a firearms application, the following timelines should be anticipated: For those using Morpho Trust USA (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--10 to 12 weeks from the date your money order was cashed. For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--15 to 17 weeks from the date your money order was cashed. If you have any prior criminal history, the above timelines may be extended until your criminal history can be reviewed.

Please DO NOT request a status check regarding your firearm permit application unless the timeframe significantly exceeds the projected issue dates listed above.

Some of us didn't do money orders....

I did the online app on 12-30-12....then I did the L-1 electronic fingerprinting on 1-7-13.

I paid $84.95 (by debit card) at the L-1 location...for L-1's fee and my State fees.

Then I went immediately to my Local on 1/7/13 to finish the process.

I paid my local their $50.00..... and my local accepts payment's in cash for the Local fees.

So I'm assuming that this would be the same as someone who had their money order cashed on 1-7-13 (since that's when the L-1 collected the State's fees) ??

I also sent them a nicely worded email, last night, asking if IC 35-47-2-6 is still in effect for Indiana and asked if they could help me with finding out about my application.

We'll see what they say.

Last edited:

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    I just got an email back from ISP stating 8 wka on L1 which is all good but im on my 9th wk i have a spotless record so im not sure what to think any more just keep waiting

MrsTuesday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    I find it amusing that each time I approach the end, they extend the wait time. When I was at 5 weeks, the auto response said 6-8. When I reached 8 it was 8-10. Now I'm at 10 and I'm seeing on here 10-12. I think they are playing cat and mouse with me!
    But I understand and don't fault the ones doing the work. As long as they aren't playing FarmVille....

"MOMMA B"

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    i RECENTLY JUST RECEIVED MINE AND IT TOOK OVER 16 WEEKS. I DID NOT DO THE ELECTRONIC PRINTS SO I EXPECTED A DELAY. DUE TO THE VOLUME OF NEW APPLICANTS IS THE REASON THEY SAID FOR THE DELAY.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I find it amusing that each time I approach the end, they extend the wait time. When I was at 5 weeks, the auto response said 6-8. When I reached 8 it was 8-10. Now I'm at 10 and I'm seeing on here 10-12. I think they are playing cat and mouse with me!
    But I understand and don't fault the ones doing the work. As long as they aren't playing FarmVille....

I'm feeling the same.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    A coworker called to check on their status today and they were told that they are no longer taking calls to check status anymore. All inquiries have to be emailed. Maybe that will free up some help for those still waiting. :yesway:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I submitted all of my paperwork on the 18th of January, it was cashed on the 23rd. Not sure if its a good way to base it, but hopefully it gives you a rough idea.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    My wait is over!

I applied 16-Nov-2013 through the Brownsburg PD. Though it's not L1, BPD does have a fingerprint scanner. My license was processed 11-Mar-2013, mailed on the 12th, and received today.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    My wait is over!

I applied 16-Nov-2013 through the Brownsburg PD. Though it's not L1, BPD does have a fingerprint scanner. My license was processed 11-Mar-2013, mailed on the 12th, and received today.
    That is the fastest I have heard of yet. You got it 8 months before applying. That is great. LOL
    Had to give you a hard time. Congrats

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    My wait is over!

It's not the same as L1's process. BPD scans your fingerprints on an electronic pad, but then prints them out on the same standard fingerprint card used for ink prints. L1 prints are transmitted, no card required.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom