• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I applied for mine today. Wnet the online route, L1 is set for friday morning with a visit to the sheriff afterwards. Paid for the state and L1 online. With my luck we'll get the snow storm they are calling and I wont be able to get to the L1 place. ;)

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    Hi all, its been a while since I've poked my head in. Does anyone have insights to the wait in Bloomington with this l1 and online stuff?

Last edited:

stangman35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Ladoga, 47954
    Hi all, its been a while since I've poked my head in. Does anyone have insights to the wait in Bloomington with this l1 and online stuff?

L1 L1 L1 :rockwoot:
    Unless you like to wait and you dont want your LTCH back in a week,do it the old fashioned way.

Everyone else should do online app and L1,then you can be packin in no time:draw:

There should be a sticky on the welcome page to warn people that want to get there LTCH to use the L1 service,its probably the best use of $10.95 ever.I dont know how some of these poor souls that went with the old way could wait a month or more.
    Im glad this site was here or I wouldnt have known about L1.:ingo:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    L1 L1 L1 :rockwoot:
    Unless you like to wait and you dont want your LTCH back in a week,do it the old fashioned way.

Everyone else should do online app and L1,then you can be packin in no time:draw:

There should be a sticky on the welcome page to warn people that want to get there LTCH to use the L1 service,its probably the best use of $10.95 ever.I dont know how some of these poor souls that went with the old way could wait a month or more.
    Im glad this site was here or I wouldnt have known about L1.:ingo:

I go in today for the L1 fingerprinting then off to the sheriffs dept. Thats assuming no one got snowed in and couldnt make. ;) That would be luck.

hiddenfrog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Veedersburg, IN
    Arrived today

Mailed 1-4-11
    Issued 1-31-11
    Arrived 2-4-11

I bet the ice storm delayed the arrival by a day or two. Still 31 days is not bad.

Wife got hers today too. Next up.......new carry pistols.

Until then I will carry my Ruger P85.

Happy Day!!!!:rockwoot:

iwork4pepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to L1 Identity Solutions after I filled out an online application. They allowed me to pay their small fee for fingerprinting and the state fee using my visa online. The digital fingerprinting took 5 minutes in and out. I then went to LaPorte County Sherrifs office to pay the local fee of $50 for my lifetime permit. It was quite vident that it was Friday, 20 minutes before closing time. They were especially less than friendly and accomodating. In fact, I was treated like I was on the other side of the bars! My mistake, I brought a money order, one lady told me to make it out to the state. A second woman came to help her out, maybe so they could go out for a drink? She told me, she needed cash, not a money order. I had 15 minutes left till 4. I said I would run a couple doors down to the bank and get cash. I made it back with 5 minutes left on THEIR clock on the office wall, only to find that the office was closed....I'm going to try again on Monday. Hopefully they will take the payment, the website says that they only accept permits for handgun carry on Thursday and Friday. My permit has already been submitted online since Monday so I hope they dont get technical on me. By using L1 and filling out the application online, its stated that it should cut through alot of red tape and my permit should be sent out within several days as long as my background check is clean, which it is btw. Ill post when the county gets paid, and when I receive my license.

stangman35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Ladoga, 47954
    I went to L1 Identity Solutions after I filled out an online application. They allowed me to pay their small fee for fingerprinting and the state fee using my visa online. The digital fingerprinting took 5 minutes in and out. I then went to LaPorte County Sherrifs office to pay the local fee of $50 for my lifetime permit. It was quite vident that it was Friday, 20 minutes before closing time. They were especially less than friendly and accomodating. In fact, I was treated like I was on the other side of the bars! My mistake, I brought a money order, one lady told me to make it out to the state. A second woman came to help her out, maybe so they could go out for a drink? She told me, she needed cash, not a money order. I had 15 minutes left till 4. I said I would run a couple doors down to the bank and get cash. I made it back with 5 minutes left on THEIR clock on the office wall, only to find that the office was closed....I'm going to try again on Monday. Hopefully they will take the payment, the website says that they only accept permits for handgun carry on Thursday and Friday. My permit has already been submitted online since Monday so I hope they dont get technical on me. By using L1 and filling out the application online, its stated that it should cut through alot of red tape and my permit should be sent out within several days as long as my background check is clean, which it is btw. Ill post when the county gets paid, and when I receive my license.

Seems like you should be able to pay it on saturday,PD's dont close for the weekends.

I thought the local fee had to be paid by money order to the town,city or county depending where you live.I paid mine to Ladoga police dept.Our small town PD.
    Sounds like the people you talked to didnt no what they were talking about besides being rude.

tim46311

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Lake county ,Indiana
    My wife and i applied using L1 . We went to the packing and shipping store on Monday at 2 pm did our finger prints . Then to Crown point to make the payments and applications. We got our permits on that Sat. in the am. 5 days turn around. :rockwoot:

derekb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Just made my online application and have an appointment at L1 on Tuesday morning. Will let you guys know when I've got the permit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom