• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Seems like you should be able to pay it on saturday,PD's dont close for the weekends.

I thought the local fee had to be paid by money order to the town,city or county depending where you live.I paid mine to Ladoga police dept.Our small town PD.
    Sounds like the people you talked to didnt no what they were talking about besides being rude.

Unforunately the records deptartment at the sheriffs offfice is only open during the week, 8 to 4, I think. When I called mine the lady said if I get there 15 minutes before closing time she would take care of it.

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    One Week

I applied for my permit in Fort Wayne. I opted to pay the extra $10.00 to have the digital prints sent electronically to the state police.
    It took exactly one week from the time I was fingerprinted until I received my license.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    My son lives in Indy and was able to do it the fast way. Went in for his paperwork last friday......received his lifetime today.............Now that is service......

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got mine! Took about a week and a half total.

They said I wouldn't get it because I was way too early for renewal/upgrade, but I got it! Lifetime LTCH, woooo

iwork4pepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wait time for ltch

I was told that if you use L1 Identity Solutions to complete your permit, the length of time could be as short as a week or two. As long as your background check has no hold up. I recently applied for my lifetime license by filling out the application online. I also paid my fee to L1 and the state fee with my cc online when I made my appointment to be fingerprinted by L1. It was a very stress-free visit and lasted less than 5 minutes. The L1 rep verified my appointment time while he verified my identity with my DL. He then used a digital fingerprint scanner attached to his laptop. When the "inkless" fingerprinting was complete, he issued me a receipt that I had paid my fee's.(2/4/11) I then went a few blocks away to the LaPorte County Sheriffs office to pay my local fee. Things didn't go smoothly there, partly my fault as I didn't have exact cash and they didn't have change, coupled with the fact that they were closing in minutes. I returned to the office a few days later with exact change. (2/8/11) I have heard and read stories that the ISP sends out licenses on Fridays, and I'm 100% sure that I have nothing to hold up the background investigation, I'm not positive how the background is completed, it could be a simple computer check? Even if using L1, which is a sub-contractor of the state, doesn't make my wait any shorter, I would recommend using them because it makes the process more streamlined. I will post when I receive my Lifetime LTCH in the mail. Issued on the 15th, mailed on the 16th, received on the 17th. Less than 2 weeks from filing to in hand using L1 Identity Solutions!

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The Friday mailing information is not accurate. I applied online, went to L1, and paid my fees at the city county building on 2/3/11 and received my permit in the mail today. It says it was issued on 2/8/11. 5 business days is excellent turn around for $10.95 fee!!!

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Jan 8: Fingerprinting via L1
    Feb 4: went to County building (sure is hard to find a time to go downtown between 8am and 4pm for someone who has an office job . .. )
    Feb 10: received lifetime LTCH, says it was issued on 2/8/11

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Mine was issued on the same day I applied for it, friday February 4 and was mailed the 8th, recieved the 10th.

I'm not sure how it approved the same day I applied but I am not going to complain.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

I got my lifetime license back in June 2010 and it took 12 weeks. So it's not something new.

ruger1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    Bloomington Indiana
    It all depends on when the state cashes your moneyorder I got my 4 year permit in one month almost 4 years ago (in August) and I am going to get my lifetime permit in so i dont have to worry about it

Muncieguy83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Unfortunately I had no idea about L1 prior to applying for my permit. But I got mine on 02/12 and applied 01/07, so not a bad wait time at all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom