• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    FWIW, Shelbyville PD did mine at a reasonable, though not quite as quick pace.

I did the L1 fingerprinting on Monday, Dec 27 and signed/paid at the PD on the 28th.

I missed it in the mail for a few days, but the date on the permit is Jan 10. Given that it includes the New Year's holiday, that's not too bad.

At least now I can take the pistols to the range or the farm for hunting, finally. Just in time for me to trade one for a Mosin.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    St. Joseph County, IN New LTCH- Lifetime
    Online App: 01-19-11 (15 mins to complete, just to make sure it was online)
    L1 Fingerprints: 01-20-11 (maybe 5 mins onsite)
    SJSO: 01-20-11 (maybe 5 mins, they made copies of app for me)
    paid: $10.95 (L1) + $75 (state) + $50 (SJSO) = $135.95

LTCH: 01-27-11

Last edited:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I just looked and the wife's was sent in the old fashioned was on Dec. 6th so I would think about any day now................ She is so pissed because I got mine already and I applied more than a month later than her but did it online.

reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    three month's just got mine a few week's ago. and i wrote the state about it told them they just needed to make it an endorsement on our drivers license they wrote me back said they are taking bid's to get us normal id cards for our permit.

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    three month's just got mine a few week's ago. and i wrote the state about it told them they just needed to make it an endorsement on our drivers license they wrote me back said they are taking bid's to get us normal id cards for our permit.

I would really like to see this. Having lived my whole life in Tennessee before moving here last year, a move that I regret in many ways, one of the biggest disappointments that I had was seeing that Indiana still had the old paper permits instead of the modern DL like permits that are the norm almost everywhere else.

brichindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Vanderburgh Co. - Lifetime LTCH
    Thu. 1/20 Online Application - Paid $85.95 ($75 state fee + $10.95 L1)
    Mon. 1/24 9a.m. L1 Fingerprints
    Mon. 1/24 11a.m. Paid $50 to Sheriff
    Sat. 1/29 Received LTCH :rockwoot:

Definitely worth the extra $11 for expedited service.

As was previously stated by other forum members, to receive your LTCH in just a few days it is important to click the L1 link on the application confirmation page and schedule the fingerprint appointment at that time.

Simply submitting an online app, and not scheduling L1, will do you no good and you will end up waiting weeks, possibly even months!!

For those wondering what the link to L1 looks like, please see the image below. It's the blue "click here" link in the middle of the page. If you're used to just skimming through your documents/receipts, it may be easy to miss it and close out of the page, especially since the top of the page says in big blue letters "you must visit your local law enforcement to complete!"

5399234268_583d39f26c_b.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Holy #$%@# I just saw this thread after waiting 9 weeks and 4 days for my lifetime permit.

I did not know that doing L1 cut off so much time!

Still happy I got it though

-Stay in condition yellow

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom