• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Well, from date the money order was deposited, It looks like I have 4 days until I hit 90 days.

I love how the ISP recording says it's State law to cash the money order first. Funny if that was Amazon.com, we would be freaking out. Of course, we are their subjects.............

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I'm really glad to see all you folks getting licensed!
    I tell EVERYONE I talk with to apply TODAY!

Be sure to let your friends know...
    We need ALL Hoosiers armed and ready!:D
    TJ

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My wife and I got ours today. We got printed 5/20 at the Ft Wayne PD, they sent it out themselves. We used postal MO so I am not sure when it was cashed. So basically it seems to be running 3 months from the date you send it in.

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    My wife and I got ours today. We got printed 5/20 at the Ft Wayne PD, they sent it out themselves. We used postal MO so I am not sure when it was cashed. So basically it seems to be running 3 months from the date you send it in.

Sounds about right. Still in violation of State law, but consistent. :nono:

Oh, and congrats. I drive a 1999 Chrome Yellow GT btw.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Cathy wanted me to brag that she can finally carry her gun off the property. L1 last Friday, local PD Monday where the nice officer tells her he'll call her when the check is done so she can bring in the $10, Tuesday he calls her, she got her little pink paper in the mail today. Six days is more like what it should be, instead of 3 months! Worth the $11, though I still think any poll tax is illegal. She called me at work all happy, and wanting to take a walk somewhere, anywhere. I told her to walk to the store to buy soda, so she did LOL.

gthorne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Lafayette area
    This thread was very helpful in learning the process to apply for my LTCH and I wanted to share my experience.

I filled out the online form linked off the ISP page on Tuesday, Aug. 3, paid my state fee and scheduled an appt. at Sue & Assc. (L1 Identity Solutions location) here in Lafayette to get my prints taken on Aug. 5. That same day I went to the Sheriff's Dept. and paid my local fee. My permit was in the mailbox today, Aug. 10th.

Paying the extra $10.95 to get my permit in 5 days was well worth it. Also you don't have to hassle with ink prints at the Sheriff's Dept.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Paying the extra $10.95 to get my permit in 5 days was well worth it. Also you don't have to hassle with ink prints at the Sheriff's Dept.

Some jurisdictions will still require ink prints. Elkhart City does, and I know a few others have mentioned that as well. Regardless, you cant beat the quick turn around! Congrats, and stay safe!

Also :welcome: to :ingo:!

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    13.5 weeks

Hello all,
    Just got my LTCH after submitting it 13.5 weeks ago through the IMPD. It is kind of a weird feeling being able to take my handgun with me (almost) anywhere I please. I walked into a CVS near downtown Indy the night I got it, with my weapon concealed in my waist. Walked right past a few IMPD officers inside and felt kinda nervous (thinking they had to know I was packing). Since I have been trying to carry everywhere, just to get used to it. Anyways, I wish all those still waiting the best of luck. Still think it is a shame that it takes so long to be granted a Constitutional right by the State of Indiana.
    Best,
    Clay

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hello all,
    Just got my LTCH after submitting it 13.5 weeks ago through the IMPD. It is kind of a weird feeling being able to take my handgun with me (almost) anywhere I please. I walked into a CVS near downtown Indy the night I got it, with my weapon concealed in my waist. Walked right past a few IMPD officers inside and felt kinda nervous (thinking they had to know I was packing). Since I have been trying to carry everywhere, just to get used to it. Anyways, I wish all those still waiting the best of luck. Still think it is a shame that it takes so long to be granted a Constitutional right by the State of Indiana.
    Best,
    Clay

In a holster, I hope? :dunno:
    :D

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    In a holster, I hope? :dunno:
    :D

Of course, in a good holster inside the waistband, kel-tec 9mm which seems to print very little. My first thoughts on carrying is that it gives me a new sense of awareness of my surroundings as I understand the great responsibility that comes with such a right. Unlike one's wallet or a set of keys in the pocket, a firearm is a bit more hefty, both literally and figuratively.
    -Clay

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Of course, in a good holster inside the waistband, kel-tec 9mm which seems to print very little. My first thoughts on carrying is that it gives me a new sense of awareness of my surroundings as I understand the great responsibility that comes with such a right. Unlike one's wallet or a set of keys in the pocket, a firearm is a bit more hefty, both literally and figuratively.
    -Clay

I had the same thoughts when I started carrying just a little over a year ago. I also found myself making sure my strong hand was free, so I carried things in my left hand instead.
    I guess its all part of being a responsible, aware, gun owner...

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I mailed mine on May 7th. After about 11 weeks I called them and pretty much got blew off and was told to check and see if my money order had cleared. So off to the Post Office I go and find out the only way I can find out about the money order is to pay a fee and if it hadn't been cashed yet they would put a stop payment on the money order and mail me a new one. That ain't a very good deal. Whatever you do I wouldn't recommend a postal money order. I finally called today and found out "they just received it and was processing it now" whatever that means? Does that mean it could be up to another 12 weeks? I didn't get a chance to ask because I was at work and the other line was ringing. Hopefully someone knows a little more how the system works than I do.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I just realized that I didn't keep the receipt for my money order.................

Without that, I assume there's no way to tell when my permit will get to me, even though I have a copy of the application, which was done July 1st?

I had to go through the IMPD, should I call the police department there and ask them about it?

Help me out, this waiting has finally gotten me really antsy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I just realized that I didn't keep the receipt for my money order.................

Without that, I assume there's no way to tell when my permit will get to me, even though I have a copy of the application, which was done July 1st?

I had to go through the IMPD, should I call the police department there and ask them about it?

Help me out, this waiting has finally gotten me really antsy.

Judging by the other responses, you have until about the 1st of October before you need to be getting antsy :(

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Judging by the other responses, you have until about the 1st of October before you need to be getting antsy :(

Been antsy since July 2nd :rolleyes: The problem is up until a few days ago, the wait wasn't too hard because I had no reason for it. Then the SHTF with the three people and my apartment, and now I've got the handgun, and I'm just getting impatient.

I'm supposedly on day 53 out of 80 or 90... Hehe, I feel like a little kid waiting up at 10pm the day before Christmas...

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Well, I don't know which thread to post this in, so I'm picking this one!

Today is day 1 of my wait. I mailed it late yesterday so I know it's still sitting at the post office, but I'm excited!

I don't currently have a gun appropriate for carrying, so I'll have an excuse to buy a new one. And I'll probably get my permit around November, near my birthday, so it'll be the perfect time to get a new toy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom