• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mom will shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I applied online and paid state fee on 7/29, did fingerprinting on 7/31, and went to PD and paid local fee 8/2.
    I hope it goes a lot faster than it did for hubby. He waited 12 weeks and 1 day. He was upset that he didn't know about the L1 option!

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    may 10th-----just under three months. oh how you L1 whippersnappers missed the joy of the wait. off work today...best weather of the week.....bearcub(grandson) hangin with papaw. it is a good day. it is a good life. sarcasm not noted about the wait cause i think i might feel that way. no. hell no. glad it showed. as for the LTCH thread..you've been a friend for the last 3 months but its not you ....its me..its over.

theroadnottaken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    refile

So I refiled with l-1 today, went to Bloomington pd just to make sure everything was a-ok. so i should have it in about a week instead of sometime around November 1st. :rockwoot:

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    Now we're waiting on my son's LTCH, hoping against hope it arrives before he leaves for basic training on the 24th.

Congrats to all who got theirs.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Paid local IMPD today. Lady told me 2-3 weeks for L-1. Hoping it comes in the next week before I go off to college...agaaain.

Mine took 13 days from the time I filed with L1. You at least have the benefit of not having to wait on the mail for as long. Still, I doubt you will get it in the next week. You can legally transport to a new residence, just do so locked and unloaded in the trunk. If stopped, I personally wouldnt say anything. Its of no threat to the officer, and you are being legal. No sense in complicating things.

The usual congrats to those who just got theirs, stay safe. Happy waiting to those who just applied! Remember, L1! If you need to (and can afford to) refile with L1! It will save you months!

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    i applied in may to renew mine for the lifetime...i think im at about week 9, and they told me it would take 10 weeks...i didnt expect it to actually take that long, but if it were to take exactly 10 weeks from when i applied that means it will come the day before my 4 year expires >:( :/ :(

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    i applied in may to renew mine for the lifetime...i think im at about week 9, and they told me it would take 10 weeks...i didnt expect it to actually take that long, but if it were to take exactly 10 weeks from when i applied that means it will come the day before my 4 year expires >:( :/ :(

You applied in time. It will probably be 12 weeks, with the way things are looking now. If you keep your receipt for your new one, along with your old expired one, that will suffice up until you receive your new one (or rejection letter). I wouldnt plan on traveling to another state with an expired license though.

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I haven't had a permit in a few years. I decided to get back out there shooting and carrying again. I used L-1 and mailed it on 8/4, recieved it on 8/7! I knew L-1 would be faster, but was not expecting that. I also am not too proud to say that there is a small "blemish" on my record that I thought would draw things out a bit longer, but I guess Indiana feels that I am an upstanding citizen (and I am!).

kawzx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I haven't had a permit in a few years. I decided to get back out there shooting and carrying again. I used L-1 and mailed it on 8/4, recieved it on 8/7! I knew L-1 would be faster, but was not expecting that. I also am not too proud to say that there is a small "blemish" on my record that I thought would draw things out a bit longer, but I guess Indiana feels that I am an upstanding citizen (and I am!).

Got my pinky today! Will post back with my timeframes.

Edit: Looks like 30 days from my paper app, next week found out about L-1, then did L-1, then lost a week due to my ignorance of electronic filing by the County. So looks like L-1 is it, 1-2 weeks, instead of 12+. Shoot, even after all I went through, I'll take 4 weeks.

Just gotta wait on my $30 for dup file, But I'm happy!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom