• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Basically one and a half business day

Printed Thursday at the private contractor, paid at sheriffs office same day. It was in my mail box Monday. Lifetime License.
    :rockwoot:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    My oldest applied yesterday using L-1. He has to go to IMPD yet to pay the local fees. Unfortunately, he goes to school at Purdue (Indy is still his home of record) and it may be a while before he gets to IMPD. Anyone know if I can turn in the money order to the city for him?

He has to do it. It shouldnt take to long, call IMPD and find out their hours. If he can arrange to have it done on a weekend, just have him come home next weekend and do it. If not, he will need to find a day to do it otherwise, or wait for a holiday. There are still ink prints (for some jurisdictions) and many papers to be signed.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, I got my pink slip in the mail today! :rockwoot:
    To Recap:

I applied on 8/23/2010
    - Went to Indy City building
    - Signed app/took prints/ paid fees

Later I found this forum and seen the L-1 option. (ARRRRGGGH)

On 8/26/2010
    - Made Appointment for L-1
    - Took Digital Prints
    - Paid State fee (again) through L-1

On 8/31/2010
    - Found new LTCH in my mailbox

So, 8 days from start to finish.

If it wasn't for stumbling onto this site, I would have never knew that I could re-apply using L-1. Thanks to everyone who figured out the L-1 after application trick. I think I see myself sticking around here for a while now. :D

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Opinions anyone?

It will have been 2 months in exactly an hour since I applied. Found out about L1 not too long ago. Should I just wait out the last 5 weeks since I managed 8 already, or try to find the money to do L1 and reapply?

BTW, if I reapply, do I just have to pay the $75 state fee again?

aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Submitted online form on aug 19th. Finger printed, and payed state fees via L1 on Aug 24. Interviewed with Carmel PD chief and payed fees on Aug26. Got license in mail today, Aug 31. I am seriously considering this a 3 day turn around because I know that Carmel PD didn't approve the app until friday the 27th. I am in awe of how much faster L1 makes the process.

Last edited:

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    Maybe you can find out what dates are being processed. It seems to be a couple weeks shorter wait than in July. Mine was 80 days so you may not have five weeks left. Good luck and we will hope it comes in a couple weeks. My thinking is if they are even three weeks from processing yours you will have it soon anyway with no extra hassle or money spent.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Mine came in the mail today. I applied at the Saint John police dept last Friday. Less than a week turnaround, not bad!!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I got mine in the mail today!!!
    Did L1 on Sat, the Hendrick Co Sherriff's Dept on Mon at lunch. I wasn't expecting it in 3 days, what a rush.
    I was so excited, I strapped on my .45,,,OC'd in KFC for dinner, then went to Gander Mtn and found an OD Green XDM .40, slightly used, for $500. Yeah,,,I bought it...

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Opinions anyone?

It will have been 2 months in exactly an hour since I applied. Found out about L1 not too long ago. Should I just wait out the last 5 weeks since I managed 8 already, or try to find the money to do L1 and reapply?

BTW, if I reapply, do I just have to pay the $75 state fee again?

Yep. You can wait it out, or you can go schedule an L1 appointment using your original application ID number. You will then do your L1, paying the $85.95 required. At that point you are done. You already did your local with your original app, and your apps are tied because of using your original filing number. You will get a confirmation email from L1, then you will wait. Mine took nine days.

Eventually you are supposed to automatically receive a $75 refund. I havent gotten mine, and I am not holding my breath. I kissed that money gone the day I refiled. I am going to call and see if they are still going to send it. I might as well do my part. If they give me a hard time, I will just tell them to go **** themselves. Even $210.95 isnt bad for a lifetime license.

If anyone has any questions about the refile, let me know. I should be able to answer them. Only a few of us have done a refile, and we received our licenses with no problem!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have recently miss placed my ltch permit, never had this happen nor have I investigated any further. What will I have to endure formula lack of responsibility?

$20 for a reprint. Call, send a "signature required" letter with your written request and a money order for $20, then call a couple days later again, just to make sure it is all settled.

If you have plain photo copies, that is up to you. I wouldnt carry with only a copy, but I might transport to a range with one. Just be prepared for a headache if you go that route.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    $20 for a reprint. Call, send a "signature required" letter with your written request and a money order for $20, then call a couple days later again, just to make sure it is all settled.

If you have plain photo copies, that is up to you. I wouldnt carry with only a copy, but I might transport to a range with one. Just be prepared for a headache if you go that route.

Can't really say about the whole "legality" of copies, but my suggestion is to buy some pink copy paper to use.
    When the DNR first went to the online hunting and fishing licenses, I was advised to make several unsigned copies and keep them safe, then sign them thus making each one an original.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Can't really say about the whole "legality" of copies, but my suggestion is to buy some pink copy paper to use.
    When the DNR first went to the online hunting and fishing licenses, I was advised to make several unsigned copies and keep them safe, then sign them thus making each one an original.

I have copies in white only. While I agree that it would be impossible to discern a pink copy from an original, the legalities of doing so have been pointed out on here before. I figure that for my records, or for waiting on a reprint, a white copy should suffice just as well as a pink copy, but without "forging" documents. I also keep white copies in my glove box, range box, my trunk, my case I carry to work, my "bug out bag", and all of my "grab and go" bags/cases/carriers. I can say with a reasonable amount of certainty that I always have two or more copes on me, plus the original.

Anyways, to each their own. I wont tell people to make pink copies since it is technically improper. I will point out that no one should be able to tell the difference, especially if that pink copy was made before it was signed, and was also laminated then after. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Good to see that it's back to around three months...even though three months is a long time to wait on the state to give you the OK to exercise a "right".

I'm pleased to death to see so many people getting their license to carry a handgun. It's a shame that we didn't all pitch in $125.00 to a INGO group lawyer to sue the State of Indiana to get the license system abolished. We should be following Arizona's example of "a right is a right". If you have a "right" to keep and bear arms, then you don't need to purchase a license from the state in order to exercise that "right".

Right?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    WTF, i did the l1 option and its been like a month if not more and u guys are getting it in 5-8 days, im ****ty now. Whats with the wait

Have you called your local law enforcement office to see if they have your stuff ready to go? You've still got to call the locals and pay your poll tax to them, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom