• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I stopped by the local PD this morning and asked them if they could do a "status" check for me to which they declined saying they didn't have a way to do so. However, she provided me with a "direct" number to the ISP firearms division and said she was told other people had luck calling this number. I called the number where it only rang once and a nice lady picked up saying, "ISP Firearms". I explained that I had been waiting 4 months, application and prints were electronic. She said they couldn't do status checks on the phone anymore. I told her that I understood but mainly was just concerned that they DID in fact received it. She asked my name and date of birth and placed me on hold for about fifteen minutes. After waiting, she came back on and confirmed my date of birth again and said, "If you don't receive "something" in a week give us a call back." Not exactly sure what that means. I thanked her for her time and ended the call.

Not sure why she said "something" instead of permit. Maybe I am just reading too much into it. I had a previous LTCH that I let expire and applied 3-21 with L1.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped by the local PD this morning and asked them if they could do a "status" check for me to which they declined saying they didn't have a way to do so. However, she provided me with a "direct" number to the ISP firearms division and said she was told other people had luck calling this number. I called the number where it only rang once and a nice lady picked up saying, "ISP Firearms". I explained that I had been waiting 4 months, application and prints were electronic. She said they couldn't do status checks on the phone anymore. I told her that I understood but mainly was just concerned that they DID in fact received it. She asked my name and date of birth and placed me on hold for about fifteen minutes. After waiting, she came back on and confirmed my date of birth again and said, "If you don't receive "something" in a week give us a call back." Not exactly sure what that means. I thanked her for her time and ended the call.

Not sure why she said "something" instead of permit. Maybe I am just reading too much into it. I had a previous LTCH that I let expire and applied 3-21 with L1.
    You are reading into it. They cannot tell you over the phone. If you have can get a gun with no problem, your LTCH should be easy.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    online app April 3
    L-1 April 4
    Porter Co. Sheriff April 4
    M-4 Mistihoweveryouspellit for 4 wheeling on the R/R tracks over 20 years ago
    New to Indiana 18 mo. been in our home about 9 mo.
    former Ohio ccw current Utah ccw
    today is day 112 16 weeks tomorrow
    Still waiting. with all the change in my life lately I figure I'm thinking Late Sept early Oct...? Ill post again in a month

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

You are reading into it. They cannot tell you over the phone. If you have can get a gun with no problem, your LTCH should be easy.

I'm not sure I agree with HH. Sounds to me like she was telling you without telling you. Hope so, anyway. HH might be right. I do know they are citing the Privacy Act these days.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I finally received my LTCH in the mail yesterday!

Submitted L1/electronically on 4/27
    Issued 7/22
    Received 7/24

:thumbsup:

No record, however, it was brought up that already having your prints in the system might slow down a background check. I have prints on record for both a previous federal job and with the local Sheriff; didn't seem to add any additional time than those who do not.

That's good information. I think I might have advanced that hypothesis. Without any insight into the secretive process down there at 100 N. Capital, all we can do is speculate.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    online app April 3
    L-1 April 4
    Porter Co. Sheriff April 4
    M-4 Mistihoweveryouspellit for 4 wheeling on the R/R tracks over 20 years ago
    New to Indiana 18 mo. been in our home about 9 mo.
    former Ohio ccw current Utah ccw
    today is day 112 16 weeks tomorrow
    Still waiting. with all the change in my life lately I figure I'm thinking Late Sept early Oct...? Ill post again in a month

I think that's on track. Unless something radically changes downtown.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    ive noticed most money orders cashed quickly i did mine 5/28 electronic paid the 50 and the office then 84.95 when i did the prints and nothings cashed yet this a indicator i got looked over? never been arrested

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    If it makes you feel any better I did L1 on 1/8/13 and even paid the extra to expedite. Nothing in the mail, no responce to emails, when I call they tell me because of privacy laws they can't give me any information.

I'm right there with you. 1-29 l1 clean record

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It almost appears that they lost some first qtr apps since there are so many people reporting now they are getting them in 90 days. They clearly are not on a first come first serve basis....

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Sent everything in the end of February, received mine Wednesday of this week....seems like it took way too long. I have no history of anything other than a few minor speeding tickets. Although, my fingerprints are on record from a clearance I held while interning in college.

No matter though, got it now!

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Sent everything in the end of February, received mine Wednesday of this week....seems like it took way too long. I have no history of anything other than a few minor speeding tickets. Although, my fingerprints are on record from a clearance I held while interning in college.

No matter though, got it now!

The finger print thing seems to be what is holding everyone up. If you had security clearance for anything and were finger printed you are getting delayed automatically.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Submitted L1/electronically on 4/27
    Issued 7/22
    Received 7/24

No record, however, it was brought up that already having your prints in the system might slow down a background check. I have prints on record for both a previous federal job and with the local Sheriff; didn't seem to add any additional time than those who do not.

That's good information. I think I might have advanced that hypothesis. Without any insight into the secretive process down there at 100 N. Capital, all we can do is speculate.

The finger print thing seems to be what is holding everyone up. If you had security clearance for anything and were finger printed you are getting delayed automatically.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore. :dunno:

:runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom