• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Simple. When you are standing at the counter at Gander Mountain waiting to buy your shiny new Glock, there aren't 45,000 people in front of you.

Make sense ?
    You're right, with FBI stats showing about 2.8 MILLION background checks per month, there are actually about 93,000 people in front of you per day.

nightwindrc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Should I be concerned with the amount of time I have been waiting? ISP cashed my mo on the 17th jan. I do have a disorderly conduct charge from 16 years ago, but that's it.

Just never wiuld have thought a 6 month wait time...

So, just an update to my previous post. I went to my home state of NC and pulled my background check from the county records. Turns out someone used my name when they had gotten arrested for a few charges. On my record it shows the DA dropped the charges as wrong person charged. There was a total of 3 charges that the culprit had when he used my name. I talked with an attorney there and unfortunately, even if the charges get removed from public record, they will still be seen by law enforcement background checks.
    That is probably why my ltch is going to take a while longer...

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So, just an update to my previous post. I went to my home state of NC and pulled my background check from the county records. Turns out someone used my name when they had gotten arrested for a few charges. On my record it shows the DA dropped the charges as wrong person charged. There was a total of 3 charges that the culprit had when he used my name. I talked with an attorney there and unfortunately, even if the charges get removed from public record, they will still be seen by law enforcement background checks.

No doubt. Hope that doesn't gum up the works too bad for you.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

You might possibly get somewhere if you have the records or a copy of them and personally drop them off at the ISP handgun branch. Don't know if that's possible but worth a try if you have them.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    somehow this whole "ca
    aught up by end of SEP." thing is starting to sounds like wishful thinking to me

Oh no... they'll be caught up for sure by then. ... just a few posts back... someone with multiple misdemeanors got their permit in just a touch over 10 weeks or so.

If that's happening then they must be all caught up...ya know?

I still don't get how there's still a BUNCH of us left. .though. ... with less criminal history (some with even ZERO crim history) ..... that have been waiting since early-to-mid January (some even MUCH longer than that).... and we still don't have our LTCH'S.

The handling of this surge of applications, and the inconsistent/willy-nilly manner in which the ISP is dealing with processing them is truly beginning to wreak of incompetence.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    somehow this whole "ca
    aught up by end of SEP." thing is starting to sounds like wishful thinking to me

Oh no... they'll be caught up for sure by then. ... just a few posts back... someone with multiple misdemeanors got their permit in just a touch over 10 weeks or so.

I still don't get how there's still a BUNCH of us left. .though. ... with less criminal history (some with even ZERO crim history) ..... that have been waiting since early-to-mid January (some even MUCH longer than that).... and we still don't have our LTCH'S.

The handling of this surge of applications, and the inconsistent/willy-nilly manner in which the ISP is dealing with processing them is truly beginning to wreak of incompetence.

It's BEYOND FRUSTRATING !

supernatural5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Morgan County

It's BEYOND FRUSTRATING !

Misdeamenor in 89. Previous LTCH expired in 1999.
    Waiting since 03-JAN-2013...........................

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    somehow this whole "caught up by end of SEP." thing is starting to sound like wishful thinking to me

They went from issuing applications in February to issuing application from May (currently) in just a few weeks. They are really catching up based on what people have said here.

The thing to remember is the farther they get the less the per day backlog is and the more days of applications they get through in a single day.

I'm being optomistic, but I'm starting to think there may be a chance I see my pink slip in about a month (which would be 2 months total).

Credmon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Just got back from the sheriffs office was told that they had no way of finding out. But they sure took my money. I was there when another guy was turning in his paperwork She told him aprx. 90 days. its been over 17 weeks since my MO's were cashed. No criminal Recorded and did electronic fingerprints

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom