• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    has anyone used the online app yet... they just recently introduced my county into the pool of counties available i was wondering what the times were on that... they were qouting mere days to weeks due to the online part of the application being reviewed without the need for snail mail and processing.

only thing that has to be done at the office is fingerprinting, paying, and checking your id for address.

-zack-

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    has anyone used the online app yet... they just recently introduced my county into the pool of counties available i was wondering what the times were on that... they were qouting mere days to weeks due to the online part of the application being reviewed without the need for snail mail and processing.

only thing that has to be done at the office is fingerprinting, paying, and checking your id for address.

-zack-

I did mine online, it is just about the only way to do it in Indy. Today makes exactly 60 days since I dropped off my app and got fingerprinted. If it doesn't come by Wednesday I am going to call the ISP and, depending on what they tell, send out a few letters to various political figures to explain the situation and the general incompetency of Indiana in manageing their own process.

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis

-zack-

I also applied online on Jan 16th and I still have not received my permit. If I don't receive it by the end of the week I will probably call but I doubt it will do very much good.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Just applied for my lifetime ltch in ft wayne (march 25th) using the online application ,went much smoother & was told it may process quicker since I did it that way ???? We will see will post when it arrives

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Here's some math for you...a four year LTCH is really like 45-46 months instead to remain in-effect. If you want to be renewed by the expiration, you have to submit months ahead, not several weeks as it could be? :noway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I submitted online, and completed the process at BGPD March 20th. The lady there said they were seeing around 9 weeks. I hope she is right, but I am not holding my breath...

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Here's some math for you...a four year LTCH is really like 45-46 months instead to remain in-effect. If you want to be renewed by the expiration, you have to submit months ahead, not several weeks as it could be? :noway:

Actually a 4 yr could be up to 60mo or so. When you have a permit its still valid until your ap gets approved or declined.
    IC 35-47-2-6
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Bean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Stringtown
    Sent my cash in Jan 11th have yet to hear or see anything.... And in Boone county we also had to do the online thing.

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just thought I'd share my experience. I sent in the paperwork and money orders in late December. (lifetime through Greenwood PD) Received the LTCH in late February (almost exactly 8 weeks). Good luck to all those still waiting. We all know they've got a ton to process.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Sent my renewal in today. Upgraded to the lifetime. My present one does not expire until June so I should be good. We will see how long it takes.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Anybody happen to know what the shortest and longest waits have been? Not expecting you to dig through the thread, because I'm sure not.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Anybody happen to know what the shortest and longest waits have been? Not expecting you to dig through the thread, because I'm sure not.

It seems that they've got it down to about 8 Weeks average. Not many are shorter but 8 weeks seems to be a common theme now.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Shortest I've seen is 4 weeks, but that was several years ago. Longest I've seen has been about 4 months. The average these days seems to be about 9-12 weeks.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    LTCH arrived today!

My LTCH arrived today, here's the timeline:

_2 Jan 09 - Fingerprinted/submitted paperwork to Lawrence PD
    _9 Jan 09 - Lawrence PD money order cashed
    27 Jan 09 - State Police money order cashed
    20 Mar 09 - Issued date
    24 Mar 09 - Postmark on envelope
    25 Mar 09 - LTCH received in mailbox

83 days inclusive from Lawrence PD submission -> receipt.
    58 days inclusive from State Polie MO cashed -> receipt.

The Lawrence PD handles the forwarding of the documents to the State Police so I have no idea what day that actually occurred.

My wife's license was issued the 17th and mine the 20th. The difference in our license numbers is 1,739. That would average out to about 580 licenses per day. If you figure 5 days a week times 52 weeks minus about 10 holidays that is 250 business days per year times 580 per day = 145,000 licenses issued per year. Of course this is a really rough estimate, there is no way to know if her's or mine was issued early or late in the day.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Called today, the 22nd was the 60 day mark, and they said it was approved and just had not been mailed yet. She said it was actually sitting in the box that would be mailed tomorrow. I still think it is bull that they batch and queue everything but at this point I am just glad to have it in a little over 60 days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom