they put the wrong middle :ugh:. I called downtown this afternoon and they

said they would send me out a corrected right away :rockwoot:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just got my Lifetime LTCH yesterday. That makes it 12 weeks to the day to complete the whole process.

What I did upon receiving my LTCH yesterday:

• Went to the local Office Max business center
    • Made 4 pre-signed copies (They must do a lot of these. They have the exact shade of pink paper.)
    • Signed the original and four copies
    • Cut along the doted lines
    • Had the original and one copy laminated
    • Cost: Less than $2.00

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I applied on Nov 28th, called today and the state has no record of my application. Unfortunately, my wife accidentally threw away my money order receipt, so I can't find out if and when they cashed it. Any advice?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The fact that the people on the phone had no record of your application does not mean much. IIRC, earlier this week someone posted the same statement, and then a day later it showed up in the mail. If possible, I'd try to give it 2 or 3 more weeks. You'd hate to pay the money to reapply and then have the original show up. Not to mention it would be a paperwork hassle, I'd think.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just got my Lifetime LTCH yesterday. That makes it 12 weeks to the day to complete the whole process.

What I did upon receiving my LTCH yesterday:

• Went to the local Office Max business center
    • Made 4 pre-signed copies (They must do a lot of these. They have the exact shade of pink paper.)
    • Signed the original and four copies
    • Cut along the doted lines
    • Had the original and one copy laminated
    • Cost: Less than $2.00

This is the way to go with one possible exception. I don't think I'd laminate the original just in case you needed to make more copies somewhere down the road.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Just got off the phone with ISP Firearms. She said that they had not started processing my application and that it was currently 8 weeks from the time the money order is cashed until processing begins. This sucks balls. :xmad:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Update: By calling the store where I purchased my money order, I was able to get enough information to find out the state cashed it on December 3rd. I called my state representative, who checked for me and tells me my permit is approved and will be mailed today or tomorrow. So much for not being in the system.

Taint Mangler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One Down, One To Go

Mrs. Mangler and I applied at the Chity-County Building on November 6th. Mine arrived today, one day short of 12 weeks. Hopefully tomorrow for her. She says that makes sense because I always come first.

:banana:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Mrs. Mangler and I applied at the Chity-County Building on November 6th. Mine arrived today, one day short of 12 weeks. Hopefully tomorrow for her. She says that makes sense because I always come first.

:banana:

Following your logic causes one to wonder if hers will arrive at all....

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes it does. But, it's all in keeping with the 12 week estimate they gave me when I signed up on Jan. 2. I checked on my MO today and it was cashed 10 days later on Jan. 12 so, your 8 weeks from there syncs pretty well with their original estimate of 12 weeks. That's March 27th circled on my calendar. That will give me time to get my belt, and holster and training class and.....

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    I mailed my stuff to ISP on Nov.12....permit arrived on Jan 15. This was the first time I ever applied for a LTCH, don't know if that had any bearing on the process. I called them on Jan 9th, and they said I wasn't even in the system yet, then it shows up 6 days later LOL. The issue date was 1/12/09 and I recieved it only 3 days later. Hang in there, it'll get there....relax and have some bacon!:coffee:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I have this vision in my head of 2 piles of applications. One, about 18" high, is labeled "incoming LTCH applications". The other, about 2x that high, is labeled "Incoming Marion County LTCH applications". The person doing the checking alternates. One from the little pile, one from the big pile, one from the little pile, one from the big pile.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Yeah, I'm doing the same. Lots of interesting holster options. What's your gun model and what kind of holster are you looking for? I've found a couple of small handmade shops that look very interesting.

CZ P-01 75

It's a nice little compact 9mm. I'm probably gonna get one of the kydex/plastic IWB holster. I forget the brand I was looking at. Although, I'm interested in handmade shops, too. For some of the other pistols I'd be getting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom