• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As most of you know, I applied on November 7, 2008. Now the update; I called the ISP today and they have no record of my application. My MO was cashed over a month ago. Go figure. My ISP Brother-in-Law is doing research as we speak. Talk about bad news.

Those of you who have applied over two months ago, I would call them. If they don't have mine, they may not have yours. Call them.

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    Woohoo:rockwoot: Wife and I applied 11/18/08 and we received both today in the mail. 1/14/09......they stapled our receipts on our old license, so we have been able to carry anyway, but I for one will be glad to get that bulk out of the wallet and go back to just the license.....that is a faster return than most here of late and I wonder if it's a bit quicker for a renew than someone getting theirs for the first time????? :dunno: now to get it copied and laminated..... Kong

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    When I called them last week to ask how mine was coming along, they said I wasnt even in the system yet, and then it shows up TODAY!:dunno: Bet yours is being processed as we speak.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    getting close

Woohoo:rockwoot: Wife and I applied 11/18/08 and we received both today in the mail. 1/14/09......they stapled our receipts on our old license, so we have been able to carry anyway, but I for one will be glad to get that bulk out of the wallet and go back to just the license.....that is a faster return than most here of late and I wonder if it's a bit quicker for a renew than someone getting theirs for the first time????? :dunno: now to get it copied and laminated..... Kong

I sent mine in on the 21st so I am hoping I will be getting mine soon.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I heard back from the ISP. IMPD hand carries the applications over to the ISP. In the History of carry permits, it is believed one has never been lost. MINE DID. GOT LOST. Wwhoo Hoooo, I am famous.

Please, if you have been waiting for a while, since October or early November you need to call the ISP and check on your application. Now that the ice has been broken, more permits can now be lost. The ISP have been very nice about my situation.

The ISP asked me to wait another two or three weeks for them to hunt for my permit application and get it in the system (and then wait another 20 weeks for processing) That will be over six months for me.

Sucks Donut.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I heard back from the ISP. IMPD hand carries the applications over to the ISP. In the History of carry permits, it is believed one has never been lost. MINE DID. GOT LOST. Wwhoo Hoooo, I am famous.

Please, if you have been waiting for a while, since October or early November you need to call the ISP and check on your application. Now that the ice has been broken, more permits can now be lost. The ISP have been very nice about my situation.

The ISP asked me to wait another two or three weeks for them to hunt for my permit application and get it in the system (and then wait another 20 weeks for processing) That will be over six months for me.

Sucks Donut.

Surely, they would move your app to the head of the queue. Background checks only take one week, so the rest of the weeks are apps sitting around in someone's inbox. Typical government efficiency.

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Maybe it isn't lost. Here's what I encountered....Mailed it in to ISP on Nov. 12th and started waiting. I called them a few times at about 5 weeks, and they said I wasn't in the system yet. I called them just last week and they said I STILL wasn't in the system. Then it shows up YESTERDAY. The issue date was 1/12/09...and it came in the mail on the 15th...3 days after the issue date. I went from "not in the system" to it arriving in a matter of days. Yours could be similar...you go from "not being in the system" to it popping up almost overnight. Hang in there!

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I applied at the city-co bldg on Jan. 2. The woman said "12 weeks". I have March 27 circled on my calendar. BTW, there were about 15 people either in line for prints or filling out forms. Workers said it had been non-stop for quite awhile.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    My brother applied for his just before Thanksgiving and recieved it about 2 weeks ago. Maybe some holiday delay included .

I got mine last year and it took exactly 12 weeks

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just applied for mine last week in Indianapolis. I was told I would know in 10-12 weeks. I submitted mine online so hopefully that will speed things up but who knows. A lot of people were in there when I went to pay so I guess they are getting popular. No range shooting for me for a few months until I'm approved!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom