• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Went through fingerprinting at Hammond PD on wednesday. Mailing packet out tomorrow, 1/30.

Will update once I receive it for another recent length for everyone.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My saga ends today. My lost but then found application finally grew wings and my Pemit arrived today. 82 days for me, but I can not stop counting. :>)

big larry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    I have this vision in my head of 2 piles of applications. One, about 18" high, is labeled "incoming LTCH applications". The other, about 2x that high, is labeled "Incoming Marion County LTCH applications". The person doing the checking alternates. One from the little pile, one from the big pile, one from the little pile, one from the big pile.

No way! My city, Evansville, had 342,815 in the metro area in 2000.
    I think there is near a half a million in the entire area around here.
    Indy isn't near as big as St. Louis, but its city limits population dwarfs St. Louis. It is known to have a huge population in city, but a small metro pop. Factor in Bloomington, Ft. Wayne, South Bend, Terre Houte, & about 8 more cities & the state population dwarfs that of Indy. I think Indy has 1 million tops out of over 6.7 million for the rest of the state. People in those small areas like to have guns too.

:ar15:

Taint Mangler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two For Two

Mrs. Mangler's has arrived today. That makes 12 weeks and two days for her. Even though we applied at the same time, our numbers are 500 apart, and they came from different offices.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hear that sound? Does it sound like the lamination of pink paper? Every time you hear that sound, another sheepdog gets his fangs.

I mailed on Nov. 28, it arrived today, Jan. 31. As much as I hate that I have to apply for permission from the government to be granted the ability to effectively use a right I was endowed with at birth, I admit I was happy to get it.

Sleep well tonight, for the world is just a tiny bit safer.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Hear that sound? Does it sound like the lamination of pink paper? Every time you hear that sound, another sheepdog gets his fangs.

I mailed on Nov. 28, it arrived today, Jan. 31. As much as I hate that I have to apply for permission from the government to be granted the ability to effectively use a right I was endowed with at birth, I admit I was happy to get it.

Sleep well tonight, for the world is just a tiny bit safer.

Good to hear. That means (hopefully) mine should be arriving any day now. Sent on Nov. 26.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I called on mine, the people there were very helpful and were bothered with trying to address questions, so don't hesitate to call them. They are good people. If the person who answers the telephone can not help you to your satisfaction, ask to speak with Anthony. He a Civilian who works for the ISP. He is a very nice man and will help you get your questions answered.

medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    Is it just the fact that there are so many people applying for it? The one person said his and his wife's permits were 500 numbers off of eachother.
    I let my permit expire, had gotten rid of my handguns (long story) Now I am single again, purchased a new RIA 1911 and going next week to get my permit started.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it just the fact that there are so many people applying for it? The one person said his and his wife's permits were 500 numbers off of eachother.
    I let my permit expire, had gotten rid of my handguns (long story) Now I am single again, purchased a new RIA 1911 and going next week to get my permit started.
    No time like the present. I applied Jan. 2 and was advised 12 weeks (even though they have a statutory responsibility to reply within 60 days-ask them if they care). That makes ETA March 27:noway:. Based on what people are reporting, 12 weeks seems about right. And yes, it is just because so many people are applying.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    wooo hoo

Sent in to the ISP on Nov. 26, got it today!

Now I just need a carry piece! My 1911 isn't 100% ready for "prime time" just yet.

gunrunner1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Anderson
    I applied to renew mine to the lifetime on 12/02/08 and its not here yet. I called ISP today they said it has not been processed yet could be 2 more weeks, but they are nice people didn't take long to check on it.They said you can carry with your expired permit and the copy of the app, so its not so bad i guess. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom