• Status
    Not open for further replies.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Filed online on the evening of 2/5 or 2/6....did prints at L1 and did my thing at the CCB on 2/8, LTCH arrived in my mailbox 2/17 and is dated on 2/14, resulting in about a 3-4 business day time frame. Nice job, ISP!

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Applied and did my prints at L1 on Feb 4th. Still waiting so emailed the state police this morning and they were very helpful. Found out that the locals were still processing my app so went down and tried to get it straightened out. Hopefully they will finish it tomorrow... Anybody else have a problem like this?

noobert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I got L1 fingerprinting done yesterday, but the lady said to call back in a week and come in again. Do I really have to wait a week?

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

My wife just got her lifetime ltch in 4 days. she did it online and did the L1 fingerprinting and had it in 4 days to cool mine took forever.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    I got L1 fingerprinting done yesterday, but the lady said to call back in a week and come in again. Do I really have to wait a week?

When I went in to the sheriff's office after doing my L1, they made me wait a week as well. I sent out the final stuff to the isp by mail last friday and am waiting to hear back now.

2/5-online application
    2/7-L1 fingerprinting
    2/7-sheriffs office, told to come back in a week
    2/14-returned, but it wasnt quite ready yet
    2/16-sheriff's part is done
    2/18-mailed to ISP
    2/22-postmark on the ltch
    2/24-checked my mail and found it there

Total time: 19 days (not including the hrmmm i really should renew this thing time)

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Two week wait

Seeing I had over three months left on my existing four year license I went to the Fishers Police Dept. and applied for a Dealers Lifetime renewal and it showed up in my mail box in about two weeks. Can't complain about that.

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I just got mine a couple weeks ago and it took me a grand total of two weeks to my permit, not counting the time it took for me to get a new driver's license for my new address. As for people for whom it is taking longer to get your license, I would call if your application is still at the local level but I doubt there's much you can do when it's in the state's hands. If you call the records office at your local police department, they can probably sort it out. The application is probably sitting on a pile somewhere.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    why would there be a local hold up?

I just got mine a couple weeks ago and it took me a grand total of two weeks to my permit, not counting the time it took for me to get a new driver's license for my new address. As for people for whom it is taking longer to get your license, I would call if your application is still at the local level but I doubt there's much you can do when it's in the state's hands. If you call the records office at your local police department, they can probably sort it out. The application is probably sitting on a pile somewhere.

I am confused about your mention of a hold up on the local level as with this and previous licenses I went to the police statiion with my forms filled out, got fingerprinted and they did their thing with the form and put it in an envelope and gave it back to me to send in to the State Police. I think the whole local thing took ten minutes. I mailed it in myself and got my license in about two weeks.

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    did the electronic finger prints, and submitted my app online, i think the total process took less that 2 full weeks for me to receive mine in the mail

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I found out my hold up is because they do a local background check and it had never been done. Also, they now submit online and my local had never installed the program.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    I'm pretty sure that is why they made me turn in the application at the sheriffs office and come back a week later. When I came back a week later they told me the sheriff was still looking it over. A couple days later it was ready and I picked up the papers and sent it off. The ltch arrived three business days later.

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    Did mine the old fashion way, went in filled out the app and paid and took the papers to the post office and am still waiting, been a little over 2 weeks, I'm geussing I have like another 4 weeks

Lance_M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    indianapolis
    I went to the city county building downtown and gave both money orders to the officer and got fingerprinted. Was that all i was supposed to do? She gave me back my application with a receipt for the local fees attached. This was 6 weeks ago. Am i supposed to send that somewhere? I swore she said that they sent it out for me and all i had to do was wait.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    I went to the city county building downtown and gave both money orders to the officer and got fingerprinted. Was that all i was supposed to do? She gave me back my application with a receipt for the local fees attached. This was 6 weeks ago. Am i supposed to send that somewhere? I swore she said that they sent it out for me and all i had to do was wait.

If she only gave you one copy and a receipt then they probably sent it for you. When they gave me mine to send myself they gave me 2 copies of the application to send off in a large envelope they provided. If you gave them the state fees by money order that would have also gone into that envelope, so im pretty sure they sent it for you, but you could call them to confirm.

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    Mine expired so I did online app. then digital finger prints $10.95 extra. Honestly was easier than first time I did it. I got my ltch in 9 buisness days I am impressed to say the least. I now have lifetime ltch no more every four years. Good luck if your waiting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom