• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I spoke with a co-worker about this topic, he mentioned that his father bought a .17hmr specifically for the purpose of taking coyote, and is very pleased. This little cartridge interests me, because of the accuracy the rifles must possess to be viable hunters. Would a .17 be too light, I wonder?

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've got a 17 remington fireball I'd like to try as well as my 25/06.
    I've got a 17 rem that I load up with 30 grain Berger varmint bullets that does an awesome job. 17 rem fireball should be fine, and the NMR will work sometimes, but it would not be my first choice. I've seen them pop right back up after a broadside shot at 40 yes with the 17 gr vmax.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Iv'e had three 17hmr's. Not a one of them would shoot sub MOA! So I have got rid of them all. I her a lot of people that says they shoot great. But I've never seen a sub MOA target.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I have a 17 hmr that I absolutely love, Its not even an exspensive one I bought it at dicks, its a mossberg, I paid $150 for it and put a decent scope on it and Ive shot coons, opossums, squirrels, rabbits, and my dad killed a coyote with it, it was a head shot at about 80 yards, my cousin killed onee shot it in the heart at about 60 yards, it only ran about 15 0r 20 feet

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    this one sets on my safe. I shot her 2 years ago at a dead sprint.
    zjh66a.jpg

iymsso.jpg

who was the taxidermist that did this mount?

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    this mount was done by 3D taxidermy studio need decatur indiana on the state line his name id Dick Beard he is doing a fox for me now.

I usually dont like the faces in coyote mount but that one is really good. Please post pics of your fox when you get it. If you dont mind me asking what does he charge for a coyote if you do its cool I can find his number and call him. Thanks

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I beleave it was $350 or $400 I dont remember it was 2 years ago I need to call and check on my fox.He had yote 3mo and has had fox 2 years. tipical of taxidermist in this area.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    man nice job to all who hunt the predators. i believe that they are hurting the rabbits and quail

Yes. Rabbit and Quail numbers are really down. New reports from Predator magazine says deer numbers are down due to fawns being ate. The magazine has numbers for fawn eaten. Very good magazine. Everyone who hunts predators should receive it.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Saw a yote at the corner of 106th and lantern road last night around midnight. I could have had an EASY 15 yard shot with the glock.....:shoot: :dunno:

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    If anyone is in the Northeast Indiana area and has a hide they would not mind giving up I would love to get one. My father in law started taxidermy this year after spending a couple of months in Montana at school. I want to learn how to mount coyotes. I plan to try to hunt coyotes this year but I have never done it and not sure if I will get one. I figured if I could get the hide I could at least start playing aound with it.

If anyone is interested in possibly teaching me the ropes of coyote hunting I am sure I can put you where the coyotes are. I have a few places I hunt that are just loaded with coyotes but like I said I have never really hunted them before. PM if you are interested. I have areas to hunt in Noble and Dekalb counties. Some of these places I know have ALOT of yotes that need taken.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    Saw a yote at the corner of 106th and lantern road last night around midnight. I could have had an EASY 15 yard shot with the glock.....:shoot: :dunno:

I've seen him or his brothers a couple times in those fields by 106th. Also running along 69 at the 96th street exit. Damn odd place to see a coyote in the safety strip during rush hour.

The Ritchie Woods Preserve along Hague rd allows alot of wildlife to flourish in those subdivisions. I worry about hitting a deer every time I drive through there early in the morning or late at night. Several close calls!

Top Bottom