• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    I've seen him or his brothers a couple times in those fields by 106th. Also running along 69 at the 96th street exit. Damn odd place to see a coyote in the safety strip during rush hour.

I've seen them there as well. Also, I work around 30th and Franklin and have seen them on our property as well as a dead one hit by a car just a couple of weeks ago.
    :dunno:

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Here's a couple from year's past

July 4, 2009
    100_0107.jpg

November 2006
    november-06-3.jpg

Fall 2006
    fall-06-3.jpg

Fall 2005
    fall-05-1.jpg

Fall 2004
    fall-04-2.jpg

Think this was from 2006, didn't have anything to shoot him with.
    coyote-picture-001.jpg

Not coyotes, but this pair's been hanging around lately. Hopefully we'll see some young ones.
    fox-25jan10-020.jpg

28jan2010-foxes-001.jpg

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I have the weaponry, the skill, and desire to use them for "yote-wacking".

I just need the property to hunt them.

Anyone in the Tippecanoe area that just "wants them gone"? :popcorn:

As I will tell the students in the Hunter Ed class today who are looking for a place to hunt, is there a "feed mill" close to where you live? They usually have a bulletin board where customers [buy your bird seed there also] can post a buy or sell notice. Put up a 3,5 card with your name and phone number up, stating your wants [coyote killing] and that you are willing to work during off seasons for the privilege. Most farmers will highly appreciate the offer, and once they get to know you, other forms of hunting will fall in line. It's like looking for a job, keep at it, work at it, and the rewards are worth it.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Coyote_Resize.jpg

Tell me about this rifle....at first I thought it was KAC but the controls don't look right. No FA or Eject port cover either...looks nice :yesway:

Sorry for the VERY belated reply. :D

The rifle is a .458 SOCOM that I assembled myself for deer hunting. It also works great on coyotes. ;)

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    ii'm over by the Bloomington Crane gate......send up a flare before you launch that thing so can hind!!!..LOL.....nice rifle...

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    This is the business card I pass out to people that I'm wanting to hunt on there property. I do not wear camo when going to there house. look neat clean and respectable. Even throw out a couple of names of the neighbors that let you hunt. The word will get out and you will have no trouble finding a spot. Feel free to copy my card if you like.

Last edited:

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Here's one from March 28, 2010.
    Blasted this bastard at 275 yards from my front porch.
    Saw him at 200 yards SouthEast of our house. Didn't stop running until he was on top of a ridge, so I couldn't shoot him there. Wound up to the NorthWest and stoped just short of a ridge and I tagged him.
    Saw one of the foxes a couple weeks ago, too. Looks like they're still around. I hope they'll leave our wild turkeys alone...

28-mar-2010-coyote-001.jpg

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    So This is cool but I am confused. Why can you hunt coyotes in Indiana with a .243 but not deer? Sounds a little weird to me. I am picking up a remington 700 tonight and i think it would be cool to hunt coyotes at least once just to see what its all about.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    So This is cool but I am confused. Why can you hunt coyotes in Indiana with a .243 but not deer? Sounds a little weird to me.

The only thing I can think of is that the number of deer hunters far exceeds that of coyote hunters, and the state feels that it is a safety issue.

I've killed more coyotes than I can keep track of, but never have owned my own electronic caller. I either hunt with someone else who does, or have just killed them when they happen to present themselves. I'm seriously thinking or purchasing a good caller before next winter, as well as building some sort of dedicated coyote rifle.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    The only thing I can think of is that the number of deer hunters far exceeds that of coyote hunters, and the state feels that it is a safety issue.

I've killed more coyotes than I can keep track of, but never have owned my own electronic caller. I either hunt with someone else who does, or have just killed them when they happen to present themselves. I'm seriously thinking or purchasing a good caller before next winter, as well as building some sort of dedicated coyote rifle.

Yeah 458 SOCOM may be a bit overkill for a coyote! :D

Top Bottom