• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    reviews

Not trying to thread jack but I was wondering what time of day/night you are shooting all these coyotes. If at night what kind of lights are you using? I was looking into one of BSA's ND3 laser lights but they are pretty exspensive and I wasnt sure about the green light.

I've read some pretty rough reviews on the q/c on these. I think I'd look for a regular varmint hunting light that mounts on top of the scope woth red or clear lense. Or if you've got the scratch, some some gen III Night vision.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I took a friend turkey hunting this morning, and we set up overlooking a low-cut pasture right at dawn. After calling and waiting for at least an hour, we decided to move a few hundred yards and try a different location.

Upon ariving near the other end of the same field, we set the decoys out and noticed a furry-looking hump in the open field about 40 yards away. We stared at it intently for a few moments trying to figure out what it was, thinking it was a dead animal or something. We finally started walking towards it -- AND IT JUMPED TO ITS FEET!!! It was a danged coyote curled up asleep in open grass no taller than a lawn, and we startled it awake. It looked stunned for a moment and trotted away before my buddy could unsling his magnum turkey shotgun.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Taken in Zionsville with a single head-shot from my Savage 17HMR.
    IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I'd be willing to help somebody learn about hunting yotes. But on your property not mine. This fall when the season is open.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Actually, this is a very good time of year to hunt coyotes. They have young now to feed also. The baby fawns has not been born yet. So food is scarce. Should be good calling for another 3-4 weeks. Just make sure you get written permission from the landowner to make it legal.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    These are some cool pics fellas. I never though a .22 powerful enough to take coyote with. I admit now that i was very wrong about that. What is the best .22 ammo for coyote hunting, i would love to know.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Originally Posted by deadsquirrel
    Saw a yote at the corner of 106th and lantern road last night around midnight. I could have had an EASY 15 yard shot with the glock.....:shoot: :dunno:

I've seen him or his brothers a couple times in those fields by 106th. Also running along 69 at the 96th street exit. Damn odd place to see a coyote in the safety strip during rush hour.

I also seen one running across 106th just west of allisonville, then out through the field. Probably not even 10 yards from our car about 2 weeks ago.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Generally a .22LR isn't going to be enough for very far. .22 mag a little further, but you really want something like a .223 or .204, even .243 to really knock them down.
    I'm new to it too.
    I'd love to have someone with experiece come down and give me some pointers and hunt with me.

Top Bottom