• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I know its not required by Indiana, but it is required by ME!

If they simply won't do it, I simply refuse to purchase said item. Always cover your a**, period.

That's cool and totally your choice. That said, it would be important to make that clear up front, before solidifying the sale.
    There are those who feel that refusing to offer information beyond what is legally required IS covering their ass, period.

Myself, I could go either direction, but given a choice between buyers/sellers equally, I'll do the minimum required.
    I am not going to be happy if you spring your additional paperwork requirement on me after I have driven to meet you.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That's cool and totally your choice. That said, it would be important to make that clear up front, before solidifying the sale.
    There are those who feel that refusing to offer information beyond what is legally required IS covering their ass, period.

Myself, I could go either direction, but given a choice between buyers/sellers equally, I'll do the minimum required.
    I am not going to be happy if you spring your additional paperwork requirement on me after I have driven to meet you.

I'm happy to show my DL and LTCH for a purchase/trade, but there will be nothing recorded. If this is a problem, I walk away. :dunno:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm happy to show my DL and LTCH for a purchase/trade, but there will be nothing recorded. If this is a problem, I walk away. :dunno:

That's how I am. I'll show ID, LTCH. I'll even request they look me up in mycase.in.gov as well, because I do the same for them. Works well enough for me and establishes I'm not a felon, you're hopfully not a felon. You may have a lead foot and like to drive fast, but that's okay. Not worried about your speeding tickets or traffic records :)

Everyone has their own comfort zone as to how they handle their business. Luckily we live in a great state that allows relatively lax transfer for those who don't want to 'the man' to know what they have, and those who are more worried about who they're selling to have means to establish a record if they wish. Pick and choose, either is fine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I'll even request they look me up in mycase.in.gov as well, because I do the same for them. Works well enough for me and establishes I'm not a felon...

The pink paper shows you aren't a felon. The DL name matches the one on the LTCH. The picture on it verifies it's you.
    That is all that is legally required, actually a bit beyond.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Well Duh! this is how I got all my guns. I just sift through all the pictures posted, get serial numbers and descriptions and then file lots of stolen gun reports. :shady:

Top Bottom