Could today be the last day? Would it take affect that quick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Illegal laws are null and void.

You won't be a criminal. You will be an illegal detainee.

No. If society chooses not to overturn the law, then they are in effect, agreeing with said law. By breaking that law, you are against society, you are a criminal.

Despite what our beliefs are, if the majority of people do not share those beliefs and enact legislation against it, and we break the law according to that legislation, we are undesirables and have every right to be subject to detainment.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You will then be a criminal and will most likely end up where criminals belong.

Line up with the sheep then.

I doubt that it comes to that. Too many people watching right now. Too many people have already said that if the WH oversteps its bounds, there will be no compliance.

The WH will not risk a civil war that they know they cannot win.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Line up with the sheep then.

I doubt that it comes to that. Too many people watching right now. Too many people have already said that if the WH oversteps its bounds, there will be no compliance.

The WH will not risk a civil war that they know they cannot win.

Once again, you are making assumptions based upon me presenting facts. I never said I wouldn't do the same.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No. If society chooses not to overturn the law, then they are in effect, agreeing with said law. By breaking that law, you are against society, you are a criminal.

Despite what our beliefs are, if the majority of people do not share those beliefs and enact legislation against it, and we break the law according to that legislation, we are undesirables and have every right to be subject to detainment.

In this case, "society" is a President passing a law without votes, enforcing that law? It's not legislation, it's a dude saying "Alright, here's how ****'s going to work now." How do you overturn a law from a man like this?

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Originally Posted by GunnerDan
    "I will NEVER comply with ANY Unconstitutional weapons ban or magazine limits, NOTHING at all!"

You will then be a criminal and will most likely end up where criminals belong.

No he won't to many people will protest / resist. The military and police are sworn in to protect the constitution. Yes, we all no he is commander and chief but that doesn't give him the right to break the law and violate the constitution.

Who's going to round everyone up, when there's a good chance there will be a shootout at most of the houses they approach? Wouldn't be possible without turning the United States into a battle ground.

An executive order CANNOT change the constitution without the president committing treason. Any law put into effect that violates the constitution will and should be considered an act of treason and should NOT be followed.

Congress does NOT have the votes to pass any ban atm, and even if they did they don't want to lose their jobs again.... Bama is filing 19 executive orders because he knows if he files just 1 it would be shot down. File 19 and a few are bound to get through.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    In this case, "society" is a President passing a law without votes, enforcing that law? It's not legislation, it's a dude saying "Alright, here's how ****'s going to work now." How do you overturn a law from a man like this?
    And by failing to hold our government accountable, society is saying that it is okay. Lobbying representatives on the moderate side, hostile government takeover on the extreme side. Either way, if nobody fights it then by default, society is saying that's what they want.

Not all criminals belong behind bars.
    That's your belief.

87bluejay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Amazing that he's trying to get this pushed through...while all the real issues this country faces are blatantly ignored.... disgusting is an understatement.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And by failing to hold our government accountable, society is saying that it is okay. Lobbying representatives on the moderate side, hostile government takeover on the extreme side. Either way, if nobody fights it then by default, society is saying that's what they want.

That's your belief.
    That's a fact.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    O
    An executive order CANNOT change the constitution without the president committing treason. Any law put into effect that violates the constitution will and should be considered an act of treason.

This is it. So who the **** is going to enforce treason? I'm more pissed off today than I've been for a hell of a long time. This right here is what bothers me. He is about to commit treason. His dependents will back him, riots will break out if treason/impeachment becomes a thing.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Originally Posted by GunnerDan
    "I will NEVER comply with ANY Unconstitutional weapons ban or magazine limits, NOTHING at all!"

No he won't to many people will protest / resist. The military and police follow the constitution. Who's going to round everyone up, when there's a good chance there will be a shootout at most of the houses they approach.

An executive order CANNOT change the constitution without the president committing treason. Any law put into effect that violates the constitution will and should be considered an act of treason.

Congress does NOT have the votes to pass any ban atm, and even if they did they don't want to lose their jobs again....
    You are incorrect. An EO can do anything the people of this country allow it to do. If society allows it, then it is by default accepted and anyone breaking it will be deemed a detriment to society.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    How are you looking at this within the constraints of the law?

He doesn't give two ****s if it's unconstitutional. He CANNOT be impeached. There are NO VOTES to do it. He will pass what he wants because he can't get votes for it.

The House votes to Impeach, the Senate is tasked to Try the case.

Either way, they don't have to impeach to nullify an unlawful EO. They have the power of review.

Also, the reason he would try it is because he knows it won't make it through the House and Senate. Then He can say "Those damn republicans don't want America's children to be safe"
    He isn't concerned with real change, just political brownie points to stroke his ego.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    That's a fact.

If that were a fact then criminal convictions would not carry a possible jail term. Name me on crime that doesn't carry at least a short possible imprisonment sentence. And no, for all intents and purposes, infractions are not crimes.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    How are you looking at this within the constraints of the law?

He doesn't give two ****s if it's unconstitutional. He CANNOT be impeached. There are NO VOTES to do it. He will pass what he wants because he can't get votes for it.

Obama has his own interpretation of the law and the Constitution. His spin is the 2nd Amendment is about hunting and he has done a very good job of convincing the public to accept this definition. His attorney general will support anything he wants to do.

As far as impeachment, there aren't enough votes to convict him and remove him from office if he is impeached. Unless he's convicted (by the Senate), impeachment is meaningless.

He hasn't even begun his 2nd term. Wait until he appoints a couple more Supreme Court Justices and then there will be no way to legally stop him. All that will be needed then is a national emergency so he can declare martial law and there will be no more free elections.

Of course this is just my opinion and time will tell. I hope I'm wrong. But then again, if I'm wrong and Obama doesn't become dictator, we will have Cuomo as POTUS for 8 years beginning in 2017.

Top Bottom