Could today be the last day? Would it take affect that quick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Concerning the majority opinion, the US is not a Democracy. This is a Constitutional Republic. If the majority agrees with an unconstitutional law, it is still unconstitutional. If the Constitution is changed by the states, well that is another matter.

Of course, that doesn't mean that an unconstitutional act won't occur or that a packed court won't uphold it. It will just be wrong.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    When society as a whole deems what you are doing as wrong, you are now a detriment to that society. In your mind you would be a patriot, and you would be standing up for the constitution, but when society no longer wants the constitution to be upheld, you are also no longer wanted.

The majority of colonists wanted freedom from the British. The majority of Americans no longer want these same freedoms. Society is a majority collective. Whether right or wrong, it will be a criminal act and he will be a criminal.

Me thinks you are not only in the minority but are very wrong in your train of thought. The word TROLL comes to mind.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    He is doing the EO surounded by little children of all races sitting on the lap of himself and the VP reading these little childrens letters of concern and their desire to be safe in their schools. What a prop usage of these children! Disgusting.
    This sounds like a god complex. He must really think he is this country's messiah...

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    SOMEBODY / ANYBODY name me one single person in the history of this nation, that has EVER been arrested, tried, and convicted for violating a FREAKIN' executive order!

:popcorn:

I don't give a rat azz what he EO's tomorrow, I will not comply!

He CAN NOT write new law on his own without the CONGRESS!

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Me thinks you are not only in the minority but are very wrong in your train of thought. The word TROLL comes to mind.

Once again you are assuming that I would somehow bow to these laws. I am simply laying out rational facts. Anyone who fights against this will be considered terrorists by society and will be imprisoned and/or killed. If a large enough and strong enough amount of the population do not want this, the country will be restored, otherwise what are you going to do?

I never once said I agree with that. Just stating facts.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    When society as a whole deems what you are doing as wrong, you are now a detriment to that society. In your mind you would be a patriot, and you would be standing up for the constitution, but when society no longer wants the constitution to be upheld, you are also no longer wanted.

The majority of colonists wanted freedom from the British. The majority of Americans no longer want these same freedoms. Society is a majority collective. Whether right or wrong, it will be a criminal act and he will be a criminal.

If me standing up for my God given, Unalienable rights is something that becomes considered a detriment to society then I will die fighting as a free man under the Constitution and I will make my peace with my maker. Those who want to bow down will, but I guarantee you I will not be the only one standing up and fighting.

gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo

Guy your undying steadfast to see the world only through your "black and white" eyes makes me want to vomit. Remove thy head from thy turd cutter and uncovered is the world GRAY as far as you can see.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No. If society chooses not to overturn the law, then they are in effect, agreeing with said law. By breaking that law, you are against society, you are a criminal.

Despite what our beliefs are, if the majority of people do not share those beliefs and enact legislation against it, and we break the law according to that legislation, we are undesirables and have every right to be subject to detainment.

And by failing to hold our government accountable, society is saying that it is okay. Lobbying representatives on the moderate side, hostile government takeover on the extreme side. Either way, if nobody fights it then by default, society is saying that's what they want.

That's your belief.

You are incorrect. An EO can do anything the people of this country allow it to do. If society allows it, then it is by default accepted and anyone breaking it will be deemed a detriment to society.

Once again you are assuming that I would somehow bow to these laws. I am simply laying out rational facts. Anyone who fights against this will be considered terrorists by society and will be imprisoned and/or killed. If a large enough and strong enough amount of the population do not want this, the country will be restored, otherwise what are you going to do?

I never once said I agree with that. Just stating facts.

There are people throughout history who have fought for their/our rights against unlawful/unconstitutional laws and won/caused the laws to be changed. These people are not criminals.

Automatically defining a criminal as being someone in violation of an "unlawful" law that violates our constitutional rights goes against all thought of due process, etc.

If me standing up for my God given, Unalienable rights is something that becomes considered a detriment to society then I will die fighting as a free man under the Constitution and I will make my peace with my maker. Those who want to bow down will, but I guarantee you I will not be the only one standing up and fighting.

Exactly. If everyone gave up and did not fight/challenge "unlawful" laws, we would not be the country we are/were just a few short years ago.

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012

This is sad but so very true. It is the very core the human condition.

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    There are people throughout history who have fought for their/our rights against unlawful/unconstitutional laws and won/caused the laws to be changed. These people are not criminals.

Automatically defining a criminal as being someone in violation of an "unlawful" law that violates our constitutional rights goes against all thought of due process, etc.

Exactly. If everyone gave up and did not fight/challenge "unlawful" laws, we would not be the country we are/were just a few short years ago.

I think the dude is illustrating a scenario where due process is not in the equation. I appreciate your optimism. I too am optimistic in thinking that people will indeed stand up and fight unjust/illegal gun laws.

But on the other hand, I grew up in NYC. You can't have any guns there. If you even mention guns there, you will not be welcome in very many places. And what constitutes fighting such laws? A legal means of doing it is protests, letters to elected officials, petitions, etc...but civil disobedience goes out the window in this case. There are 35,000 NYPD, some of them first time felons, just waiting to break your legs and throw you upstate for 45 years if you hold on to your guns.

What happens when the media and political discourse is manipulated to such an extent that the opinions of liberals in NYC are the popular opinions in every small town in the USA? Granted, this is outrageously unlikely, but I guess he is trying to say that these extreme situations can occur, and that we should be ever-vigilant in making sure that they don't.

Top Bottom