Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Don't worry, if we just require masks to enter the city, then the rioting will stop.

It's the new normal, you need to social distance, bring hand sanitizer.

Funny - it was only about a year ago some places were thinking about banning that hand sanitizer because it was overexposing antibacterials and they were afraid it would help create superbug bacteria and kill everybody.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Funny - it was only about a year ago some places were thinking about banning that hand sanitizer because it was overexposing antibacterials and they were afraid it would help create superbug bacteria and kill everybody.

The "Experts" who managed the corona virus situation should be fined all the damage they caused our economy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where's all the screams of the media about protesters violating "social distancing"?

It seems to me that the riots marked the end of social distance signaling. Although I did see a lot of protesters wearing masks. You know. For social distancing purposes. Totally not because they don't want to be identified.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.startribune.com/these-minneapolis-st-paul-buildings-are-damaged-looted-after-george-floyd-protests/569930671/

That website lists a whole bunch of the 250 Plus businesses,
    Target stores were hit hard so they closed 24 stores throughout the state. I'm not sure why they picked on Target stores so much since they are/were owned by Dayton-Hudson and very dumocrap associated - Mark Dayton is a past dumocrap governor of Minnesota.

Mob mentality.
    There is no reason.
    Mobs are dangerous, and they can totally do things unexpected.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mob mentality.
    There is no reason.
    Mobs are dangerous, and they can totally do things unexpected.
    Maybe send BLM the bill? It looks to me like they encouraged violence. What else does “no justice no peace” mean? I think that goes far beyond free speech.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Amy Klob is probably out of the VP race because her husband lived through the chinese virus.

[video]https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-3/breaking-video-amy-klobuchar-finally-and-reluctantly-admits-that-hcq-saved-her-husbands-life/?fbclid=IwAR1Ylfk7s9jVR6r4OYLtdmOajih1fD2gRC37yMhr lctfc50oP_5KM4MCQew[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly right - so am I.
    https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards

Obviously they do not update their page with their own data. Near the top of the page is a link that says "Download the summary data (CSV)"
    The link behind that is https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/COVIDSummaryData.csv
    That will download the latest data.

On the interactive charts, you can continue dragging the cursor to the right along the x-axis and even though there are no visible data points, it will still give the daily counts for dates into early january. The death chart shows first confirmed/collated death as 17 Mar. The data box references I believe 17 deaths of unknown provenance, and I notice in the raw data at your link there are many deaths with onset listed but not date of death. Some are likely cases that fell off tracking because of recovery, but some of the earlier deaths may be buried in that noise because they were only retroactively counted as WuVid deaths

Where I think we are experiencing disconnect is it seems you are taking the onset as from when the first cases appear, which has all the uncertainties in definition and testing inherent. I was thinking the 40/70 numbers were referring to the progression of death from an outbreak, a much more unambiguous data set and one that is usually of most concern to people. I'm not aware of any credible calculations of R0, CFR or IFR yet, but people certainly know how many have died (although I do believe an overcount will eventually be shown in those numbers)

Note: I just reviewed the post chain and we are indeed talking about different things. You are thinking the post you referenced is indicating that new cases will peak in 40 days and die off in 70, I interpreted the referenced claim to be about deaths peaking in 40 and dying off in 70

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    On the interactive charts, you can continue dragging the cursor to the right along the x-axis and even though there are no visible data points, it will still give the daily counts for dates into early january. The death chart shows first confirmed/collated death as 17 Mar. The data box references I believe 17 deaths of unknown provenance, and I notice in the raw data at your link there are many deaths with onset listed but not date of death. Some are likely cases that fell off tracking because of recovery, but some of the earlier deaths may be buried in that noise because they were only retroactively counted as WuVid deaths

Where I think we are experiencing disconnect is it seems you are taking the onset as from when the first cases appear, which has all the uncertainties in definition and testing inherent. I was thinking the 40/70 numbers were referring to the progression of death from an outbreak, a much more unambiguous data set and one that is usually of most concern to people. I'm not aware of any credible calculations of R0, CFR or IFR yet, but people certainly know how many have died (although I do believe an overcount will eventually be shown in those numbers)

Note: I just reviewed the post chain and we are indeed talking about different things. You are thinking the post you referenced is indicating that new cases will peak in 40 days and die off in 70, I interpreted the referenced claim to be about deaths peaking in 40 and dying off in 70

The article about the 40 days and 70 days clearly mentions positive cases more than once and does not refer to deaths. That is what I am going by. The article does not give any reason to go by deaths.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Amy Klob is probably out of the VP race because her husband lived through the chinese virus.

[video]https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-3/breaking-video-amy-klobuchar-finally-and-reluctantly-admits-that-hcq-saved-her-husbands-life/?fbclid=IwAR1Ylfk7s9jVR6r4OYLtdmOajih1fD2gRC37yMhr lctfc50oP_5KM4MCQew[/video]

Amy Klob is probably out for VP because she was a prosecutor in the MSP area when the officer who kneeled on Floyd's neck was racking up quite a bit of his complaint/reprimand history but not being prosecuted. Right or wrong on the issues at that time, she's pretty radioactive for a progressive/SJW campaign

Sadly, I think Abrams' stock might be rising to get that industrial strength virtue signaling. Harris also having a history as a prosecutor doesn't do her any good

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder how much of a peak is going to be attributed to the current protesting mobs, and how much due to letting people have their lives back? This gives the news media two stories to whip into a frenzy. Riots and pandemic, doesn't get much better for the new media unless someone decides we need another "mass shooting" for the trifecta.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The article about the 40 days and 70 days clearly mentions positive cases more than once and does not refer to deaths. That is what I am going by. The article does not give any reason to go by deaths.

You are correct. I assumed it to be about the death curve, because unless one tests the entire population repeatedly it doesn't seem possible to make a valid conclusion about how long it takes cases to peak (which I would assume would involve herd immunity to a great extent)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think you are right about the apples and oranges though. We have been looking at different parameters for the spread of the disease. I think it makes more sense to look at positive cases for the spread of a disease, some diseases can spread a lot and never kill anybody. A death is one outcome in a spectrum of potential outcomes so to look at the spread of a disease one needs to look at all outcomes or you could miss a lot.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    First Mass in 10 weeks yesterday… How appropriate to return at Pentecost. Fr. Kevin made some nice remarks about why “mask shaming” is so inappropriate. Foot traffic patterns into and out of the church and the Holy Communion line were closely managed. We were all given new copies of “Breaking Bread 2020” (the annual missal/hymnal) to bring to and from Mass each time. It all went so well, I feel a lifting of the veil of gloom and depression that’s been present for so long now. The work of the Holy Spirit is needed now more than ever. For lots of reasons.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You are correct. I assumed it to be about the death curve, because unless one tests the entire population repeatedly it doesn't seem possible to make a valid conclusion about how long it takes cases to peak (which I would assume would involve herd immunity to a great extent)

There are many, many factors and heard immunity is only one. Some factors have to do with the virus itself, some the population it is spreading (or has spread) in. Some, environmental. Some, behavioral.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    My wife and I both tested positive for the COVID19 antibodies. We were both mildly sick in the beginning of April but just blew it off as a cold or sinus infection. We have 3 young daughters (2, 4, 9) and none showed any symptoms. For reference we are 34 and no underlying conditions. We were sick for about 3 days each.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My wife and I both tested positive for the COVID19 antibodies. We were both mildly sick in the beginning of April but just blew it off as a cold or sinus infection. We have 3 young daughters (2, 4, 9) and none showed any symptoms. For reference we are 34 and no underlying conditions. We were sick for about 3 days each.

We are into the allergy time of year. I have seasonal problems with this that have me on the edge of sinus/ear infections often.

Hypochondria keeps trying to sneak up on me as my associated dull headaches, throat tickles and coughs have me thinking I've "caught it."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom