• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    And if that second wave doesn't come, if hospitals aren't overrun by critically ill Covid patients in every major city in the US, and I mean like any day now, can we officially open EVERYTHING from sea to shining sea? I mean, except maybe for nursing homes.:dunno:

And barbershops/Salons in MI, I don't think you can even get a haircut in MI until around July 4th.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am afraid to ask her...you don't think I am gonna get any say, do you? She was originally Latin so she may go for Francis...getting a male....won't be able to stop thinking about FMJ.

Named Rupert or Severinus? :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Too bad someone didn't hack the news (like Running Man movie) and bring up how the news was previously complaining protesters were endangering lives, and now they've all seem to have forgotten it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When my wife is scared to sit outside and we live in the middle of nowhere, that's when it hits home. More concerned about the wandering meth head coming over the hill then looters but the vaccine is a one shot fits all.

Nice thing is it is allowing me to get a German Shepherd.

Thanks to the talking heads on TV with the doom and gloom.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yep.

But in al fairness, these protests are pretty much outdoors. I have suspected (and I'm hardly the only one) that the virus primarily spreads indoors in close quarters.

Every case study I've seen of any superspreading event was indoors, and it fits everything else that is being demonstrated about the virus as well as common sense (it's going to get dispersed by a breeze). I'm sure it CAN spread outdoors but I think it's going to take much closer, sustained contact between the individuals than is outdoor spread.

I took a motorcycle class this past weekend and was fairly comfortable just staying a few feet away from everyone. It's a good thing though they had the "classroom" portion online because one of the instructors was constantly wiping his nose with his hand and coughing into a snot rag that he carried around hanging out of his pocket. I stayed upwind from him as much as possible.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Every case study I've seen of any superspreading event was indoors, and it fits everything else that is being demonstrated about the virus as well as common sense (it's going to get dispersed by a breeze). I'm sure it CAN spread outdoors but I think it's going to take much closer, sustained contact between the individuals than is outdoor spread.

We'll see how quickly i can spread in the huddled mass of a music festival.

Hopefully, it dies way down before September comes around for Bonnaroo.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I took a motorcycle class this past weekend and was fairly comfortable just staying a few feet away from everyone. It's a good thing though they had the "classroom" portion online because one of the instructors was constantly wiping his nose with his hand and coughing into a snot rag that he carried around hanging out of his pocket. I stayed upwind from him as much as possible.

But it has you thinking. :):

Looking at some of the distances between people in the crowds, I could see how it might spread, especially with all the yelling and such. I did see some people wearing masks. For most of them it was probably unnecessary. The people who seemed to be in close contact with a lot of people and were doing a lot of yelling weren't wearing masks anyway.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it spreads outdoors, that is probably the most likely scenario to spread it.

If there isn't a spike in the protester population....

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I think that's generally true. Though, the super-spreader soccer matches in Europe were presumably in outdoor stadiums, weren't they?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think that's generally true. Though, the super-spreader soccer matches in Europe were presumably in outdoor stadiums, weren't they?

Yeah, but like any big sporting event, people are in close proximity for the pre-game and post-game festivities, and shoulder-to-shoulder in the seats and in queue for the bathroom.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, but like any big sporting event, people are in close proximity for the pre-game and post-game festivities, and shoulder-to-shoulder in the seats and in queue for the bathroom.

I guess my only hope for Bonnaroo is if the haze of weed smoke kills off the virus.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and a stadium is more of an "open roof" event, rather than true outdoors. A lot less air movement, combined with prolonged close proximity...

...but I don't think anyone would say outdoor transmission is impossible, just much less likely.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You know - for my age group the odds of dying if you catch the chinese virus is approximately 1 in 6 - that is the same odds as playing Russian Roulette.

And I rejected playing Russian Roulette a long time ago - for the same reason.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You know - for my age group the odds of dying if you catch the chinese virus is approximately 1 in 6 - that is the same odds as playing Russian Roulette.

And I rejected playing Russian Roulette a long time ago - for the same reason.

Depends on how many rounds you load... ;)

iu

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    At least one journal has some credibility left.

The Lancet shrugged off the major concerns raised and showed no interest in challenging Surgisphere. In contrast, NEJM immediately (within hours) published an 'Expression of Concern', and invited readers to examine other studies by the company.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2020822

Took a few weeks,but today the Lancet has now issued a statement about the study and to leaders who used it to make policy decisions.

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]"Important scientific questions have been raised about data reported in the paper by Mandeep Mehra et al," reads the "expression of concern" from The Lancet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]"Although an independent audit of the provenance and validity of the data has been commissioned by the authors not affiliated with Surgisphere and is ongoing, with results expected very shortly, we are issuing an Expression of Concern to alert readers to the fact that serious scientific questions have been brought to our attention. We will update this notice as soon as we have further information."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/e...rmation-enabling-hydroxychloroquine-hysterics

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/e...rmation-enabling-hydroxychloroquine-hysterics

[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]And so, the world was aflame once again with a nonstory driven by the COVID media. The HCQ divide within the nation is only a continuation of innumerable divides that have surfaced since the pandemic began -- and before. One will know the politics of an individual based on his position on any number of pandemic issues: lockdowns, sheltering in place, face masks, social distancing, “elective surgery,” and “essential businesses.” The closing of schools and colleges. Blue states and Red states. Governor Cuomo or Governor DeSantis. Nationwide injunctions or federalism. The WHO and Red China. Or, pre-pandemic, Brexit, open borders, DACA, and amnesty. CBD oil, turmeric, and legalizing marijuana. Russia Collusion, Trump’s taxes, the 25th amendment, Stormy Daniels, the Ukraine non-scandal, and impeachment. Or Obamagate. And now HCQ. [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]HCQ is only another bellwether. It represents the latest nonevent in a long string of fabricated media nonscandals. If a nation can be divided over HCQ it can be divided over anything. It shows neatly, as many of the other non-issues did, whether one embraces the U.S., our history, culture, and constitutional system, or rejects it. Whether one believes in Americanism or despises it. It is part of the ongoing civil war, thus far cold, but who knows? The passions today are no less jarring than they were in 1860. One would have thought that a man taking a medicine prescribed by his physician, even a President, would be a private matter. But no. Not today. [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]We swim in an ocean of manufactured disinformation created by a radical COVID media, our fifth column. They inflame the nation one way or another based on political whims. The propaganda arm of the Left, they seek victory at all costs including dismantling the economy, culture, and our governing system. Is there a curative for the COVID media and their Democrat allies who would destroy a nation to destroy Trump? He is all that stands between us and them. Is there an antiviral for this, the communist virus that has infected the nation, metastasized throughout its corpus, and now threatens the republic?[/FONT]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom