Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We are into the allergy time of year. I have seasonal problems with this that have me on the edge of sinus/ear infections often.

Hypochondria keeps trying to sneak up on me as my associated dull headaches, throat tickles and coughs have me thinking I've "caught it."

I've been having a lot of issues as the pollen count stays high as well. Every time I feel a dry cough coming on it makes me wonder for a second.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We are into the allergy time of year. I have seasonal problems with this that have me on the edge of sinus/ear infections often.

Hypochondria keeps trying to sneak up on me as my associated dull headaches, throat tickles and coughs have me thinking I've "caught it."

I've been having a lot of issues as the pollen count stays high as well. Every time I feel a dry cough coming on it makes me wonder for a second.

I usually get hit pretty hard with spring seasonal allergies. But oddly, this year—not so much. I was out of town last week and a few days ago my wife called and said she was sick, running a little fever, etc. I thought: ‘oh, here we go...”. But she had no cough, loss of smell, etc. She thinks it was one of her recurring UTIs.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My wife and I both tested positive for the COVID19 antibodies. We were both mildly sick in the beginning of April but just blew it off as a cold or sinus infection. We have 3 young daughters (2, 4, 9) and none showed any symptoms. For reference we are 34 and no underlying conditions. We were sick for about 3 days each.

Same results for a co worker and his wife. They both tested positive and we're sent home for 2 weeks. When I talked to him the other day he was bragging about all the stuff they were getting done around the house.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My wife and I both tested positive for the COVID19 antibodies. We were both mildly sick in the beginning of April but just blew it off as a cold or sinus infection. We have 3 young daughters (2, 4, 9) and none showed any symptoms. For reference we are 34 and no underlying conditions. We were sick for about 3 days each.

That is great! Provided the test was a good reliable one. I hope you have immunity now and it lasts for a long time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If the looting is the fluttering of butterfly wings that creates the second wave within that particular subset of society... there may be an intense lack of sympathy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy,” said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy’s coronavirus contagion.

“The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago,” he told RAI television.

The strength the virus had two months ago is not the same strength it has today,” said Matteo Bassetti, head of the infectious diseases clinic at the San Martino hospital in the city of Genoa.

“It is clear that today the COVID-19 disease is different.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-virus-idUSKBN2370OQ

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think something like that is what happened with the last SARS. It evolved away from being an imminent threat.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.theguardian.com/science...-which-caused-who-to-halt-trials-for-covid-19

[FONT=&amp]The findings prompted researchers from around the world to [/FONT]reassess their own clinical trials of the drug for preventing and treating Covid-19[FONT=&amp]. The World Health Organization halted all its trials involving hydroxychloroquine due to the [/FONT]concerns raised in the study about its efficacy and safety[FONT=&amp].

The(fake) study. [/FONT]
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/...il&utm_term=0_90d9431cd5-a5c0a299a0-126967137

Why post it and call it a fake study? Because the data they claim to have used to write the study was never requested. They made up numbers.

"[FONT=&amp]The federal health department confirmed to Guardian Australia that the data collected on notifications of Covid-19 in the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System was not the source for informing the trial."

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"Victoria’s department confirmed the study’s results relating to the Australian data did not reconcile with the state’s coronavirus data, including hospital admissions and deaths. The NSW Department of [/FONT]Health[FONT=&amp] also confirmed it did not provide the researchers with the data for its databases."

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“Usually to submit to a database like [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Surgisphere(company that provided all data for the study)[/FONT][FONT=&amp] you need ethics approval, and someone from the hospital will be involved in that process to get it to a database,” he said. He said the dataset should be made public, or at least open to an independent statistical reviewer.[/FONT]
    More at the article. In short the study itself became a hit piece against a drug with no scientific evidence behind it.

The company ([FONT=&amp]Surgisphere)[/FONT]will not release where it received the data from or release the data itself.

Surgisphere 875 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    Not sure why they where even involved in a clinacal trial study in Australia,but the WHO used the study to stop ALL hydroxychloroquine studies as did many governenments.

One company is Chicago who will not release how it gathered data or the data itself used for a peer reviewed study just stopped almost all clinical trials worldwide.

At least one journal has some credibility left.

The Lancet shrugged off the major concerns raised and showed no interest in challenging Surgisphere. In contrast, NEJM immediately (within hours) published an 'Expression of Concern', and invited readers to examine other studies by the company.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2020822

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If the looting is the fluttering of butterfly wings that creates the second wave within that particular subset of society... there may be an intense lack of sympathy.

And if that second wave doesn't come, if hospitals aren't overrun by critically ill Covid patients in every major city in the US, and I mean like any day now, can we officially open EVERYTHING from sea to shining sea? I mean, except maybe for nursing homes.:dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    if that second wave doesn't come, if hospitals aren't overrun by critically ill Covid patients in every major city in the US, and I mean like any day now, can we officially open EVERYTHING from sea to shining sea? I mean, except maybe for nursing homes.:dunno:

Yep.

But in al fairness, these protests are pretty much outdoors. I have suspected (and I'm hardly the only one) that the virus primarily spreads indoors in close quarters.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It took a global pandemic and unprecedented levels of looting, destruction and rioting, but it's nice to see you two finding common ground.

ELORzY8.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And if that second wave doesn't come, if hospitals aren't overrun by critically ill Covid patients in every major city in the US, and I mean like any day now, can we officially open EVERYTHING from sea to shining sea? I mean, except maybe for nursing homes.:dunno:

Well, here in Indiana, we're about a month away from that anyway. That's longer than I want to wait, but it is still pretty much in-bounds for me in terms of what is reasonable.

To bring it back to the thread topic, both statewide and nationally, we seem to be continuing on the "so far, so good" track.

[Sidenote: looking back, I probably would've shut stuff down a week later and started opening up a week or 2 earlier... but that's not a big enough delta for me to get too worked up.]

Yep.

But in al fairness, these protests are pretty much outdoors. I have suspected (and I'm hardly the only one) that the virus primarily spreads indoors in close quarters.

If there is a spike of cases in a 15 mi. range downwind, then the evidence will be unassailable.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When my wife is scared to sit outside when I am not home, and we live in the middle of nowhere, that's when it hits home. More concerned about the wandering meth head coming over the hill then looters but the vaccine is a one shot fits all.

Nice thing is it is allowing me to get a German Shepherd.

And only one shot is super effective and cheap! No more virus!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom