• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    meds.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reveals-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus

hINO405.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You'd think Nancy would be happy that the "morbidly obese" president could die at his own hand?

[video=youtube;hSns9TJe0X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSns9TJe0X0[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You'd think Nancy would be happy that the "morbidly obese" president could die at his own hand?

[video=youtube;hSns9TJe0X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSns9TJe0X0[/video]

Surprised she can pronounce morbidly. Usually, when I’m drunk, I slur multi syllable words.

Wait, she’s not drunk? She’s this stupid sober?!

Nevermind, continue.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, I guess inquiring with my doctor about a prescription for hydroxychloroquine wasn’t such a crazy idea after all. He did of course, say no. Maybe I should ask again and assert that if it’s good enough for the president, it’s good enough for me.

Hell, maybe I should ask him if he’s taking it.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It's really sad that we've gotten so political that medical treatments have sides.

Honestly, I can't see "we've" as appropriate here. It is almost entirely the MSM and some Democrats that treat this as a political issue.

It is more appropriate to say "they've". Their blinding hatred of anything merely associated with Trump makes them stupid.

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Well, I guess inquiring with my doctor about a prescription for hydroxychloroquine wasn’t such a crazy idea after all. He did of course, say no. Maybe I should ask again and assert that if it’s good enough for the president, it’s good enough for me.

Hell, maybe I should ask him if he’s taking it.

You might want to watch this video. It is from a series that I follow called MedCram and he has come up with a daily regimen that appears to be very solid and doesn't require any prescriptions/permissions and can't be impacted by your doctors political views. He explains what he is taking any why. It is at least as affordable as hydroxychloroquine and has a much wider range of health benefits than avoiding/minimizing the Wuhan coronavirus. The relevant section is 1:30-11:00min.
    [video=youtube_share;NM2A2xNLWR4]https://youtu.be/NM2A2xNLWR4[/video]

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Honestly, I can't see "we've" as appropriate here. It is almost entirely the MSM and Democrats that treat this as a political issue.

It is more appropriate to say "they've". Their blinding hatred of anything merely associated with Trump makes them stupid.

The problem here is Trump even discussing medications in any specific way. He doesn't know what he's talking about and as a president he has an influence on people. The bully pulpit should be used wisely, not flippantly

At the very least it caused a drug shortage that was dangerous to people that actually need it.

He can certainly mention that drug trials are ongoing and that he's very hopeful that our doctors and scientists will find better treatments. Hanging his hat on one specific treatment has put him in a position where he has to claim that it has benefit, even though no scientific benefit has been found yet

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You might want to watch this video. It is from a series that I follow called MedCram and he has come up with a daily supplement/activity regimen that appears to be very solid and doesn't require any prescriptions/permissions. He explains what he is taking any why. It is at least as affordable as hydroxychloroquine and has a much wider range of health benefits than simply avoiding/minimizing the Wuhan coronavirus. The relevant section is: 1:30-11:00min.
    NM2A2xNLWR4

I agree. I think that potential benefits are pretty marginal but it's a harmless protocol. Medcram hosts do a good job of being honest about what is known and unknown.

I particularly think a low dose of vitamin D is not a bad idea for people who don't get outside much, for people who have darker skin, and maybe for any of us in the winter

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That doesn't address how the Gilead stock will go up and all these politicians with ties to Gilead will make money for making a political decision not based on science.

Does stock tend to go up on the basis of good PR only? I'm no expert, but it seems to me that stock price changes, on the whole, are based on earnings and profits.

What political decision not based on science are you talking about?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The problem here is Trump even discussing medications in any specific way. He doesn't know what he's talking about and as a president he has an influence on people. The bully pulpit should be used wisely, not flippantly

At the very least it caused a drug shortage that was dangerous to people that actually need it.

He can certainly mention that drug trials are ongoing and that he's very hopeful that our doctors and scientists will find better treatments. Hanging his hat on one specific treatment has put him in a position where he has to claim that it has benefit, even though no scientific benefit has been found yet

He originally said he was "hopeful" and that doctors need to do further testing. That was not unreasonable in any way. It was the MSM/Democrats that turned it into a political football.

He has also mentioned Remdesivir (sp?) and other possible drugs, but those have not become demonized by the press.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well yeah, I think this has been a problem with Trump all along. I think he says things sometimes and doesn't realize how much that may have some negative consequences. However, the media played it up to make it sound more like Trump was recommending it, rather than just being optimistic about it. It was the same thing with casting him as a racist by selectively editing his comments. So sure, he does say some things, but then those things are spun and amplified so that the media has a story to profit from.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom