• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not like there's that many people downtown Indy anyway. And from what I've heard among some of the biggest office buildings downtown, they aren't looking to have the full workforce back until August. At the earliest.

ETA:
    And that's not at the behest of the government. They've figured out how to work remotely, so less need for certain infrastructure and related expenses. Oh, and also to try and protect the employees.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not like there's that many people downtown Indy anyway. And from what I've heard among some of the biggest office buildings downtown, they aren't looking to have the full workforce back until August. At the earliest.

The story I saw was primarily about Broadripple. Not sure if they're doing it downtown. I understand why they're doing it, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to go through the area only to find I had to take a detour because people were eating in the main thoroughfare.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

ETA:
    And that's not at the behest of the government. They've figured out how to work remotely, so less need for certain infrastructure and related expenses. Oh, and also to try and protect the employees.

Elevators...worse than subways.

Wait until lease renewals come up and the tenants have figured out they only need 40% of the space they once had.....oof.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Elevators...worse than subways.

Wait until lease renewals come up and the tenants have figured out they only need 40% of the space they once had.....oof.

That is already going they many clients mind in chiraqi right now. They have seen their folks can telework and are actually more productive at home. :runaway:
    So why rent such much space in $$$$ downtown chiraqi.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    meds.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reveals-taking-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...curacy-of-widely-used-abbott-coronavirus-test

The Food and Drug Administration is cautioning the public about the reliability of a widely used rapid test for the coronavirus. The test, made by Abbott Laboratories, has been linked with inaccurate results that could falsely reassure patients that they are not infected with the virus.

hey. the market demanded a test and they got one. stop judging effectiveness.

I've been wary of the Abbot test for a month

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It is being used elsewhere and appears to be working okay. It is a temporary step where you close off a block where there are multiple restaurants and would be removed as things ease up which would correspond with more traffic.

There is pent-up demand to go out, so I'll bet they will actually be popular with the patrons.

stupidity. government makes stupid rule and then makes another stupid rule to inconvenience more people to let first people bypass their first rule

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My favorite are the people who wear the mask, but pull it down to smoke a cigarette or have it hanging below their nose.

I don’t care either way. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask.... I don’t care. But if you’re gonna wear it, at least wear it correctly. Sheesh

If no one is near, or maybe I'm outside, and my hands are clean, I'll pull the mask down so that I can breathe easier. But yeah, if you see someone with their mask down under their nose, and there are a bunch of people around, it's not gonna help anyone.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Which Abbott test do you mean? The month timeline suggests you are referring to their two bad tests.

They definitely had problems with their virus swab test. They rushed out their first serum antibody test like everybody else did and definitely had more problems.
    Then they came out with their second serum antibody test. The only one I am interested in is this second antibody test. The other two tests have been shown to be bad enough that any results would be useless.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hydroxychloroquine - politics, money & medicine

I have thought pretty highly of her reporting, even when she was at CBS.

lets put some meat on that bones post you did there.

Sharyl: Cardiologist Dr. William O’Neill is a medical director at the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan where they’re studying both remdesivir and hydroxychloroquine.

Some people in the media are treating hydroxychloroquine as if it's something that's being pitched by charlatans, it's dangerous, and that's been debunked and discredited. What do you make of that?

Dr. O’Neill: I think that's very harmful. President Trump touted it early and so then the media set out to disprove and discredit it without any regard for science. I think those of us that are actually involved in the scientific endeavor feel that there is some value to it and it has to be tested.

And the old INGO adage, follow the money...

Sharyl: All three scientists criticized that VA report casting doubt on hydroxychloroquine as little more than a list of cases with crucial details missing. It turns out one author of the report received research funding from Gilead, the maker of remdesivir, including a 247-thousand dollar grant in 2018.

Orient: I think we have to look at the money. There's no big profits made in hydroxychloroquine. It's very cheap, easy to manufacture, been around for 70 years. It's generic. Remdesivir is a new drug that could be very expensive and very lucrative if it's ever approved. So I think we really do have to consider there's some financial interest involved here.

Dr. Hatfill: Some of these decisions did not seem to be rational.
    And when things, in my opinion that are so clear, the right path to take aren't taken, very often: Money is somehow involved.

The world is f****d up when a drug is maligned because a politician said it was helping folks and hoped it would work.

And it now turns out the President himself is taking the drug prophylacticly. The press and their democrat buddies should be denied any prescriptions for it...

On second thought they likely would never take it because of TDS...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    lets put some meat on that bones post you did there.

And the old INGO adage, follow the money...

The world is f****d up when a drug is maligned because a politician said it was helping folks and hoped it would work.

And it now turns out the President himself is taking the drug prophylacticly. The press and their democrat buddies should be denied any prescriptions for it...

On second thought they likely would never take it because of TDS...

Except chipbennett already addressed that talking point four days ago about Gilead looking to make a profit on Remdesivir.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/481197-coronovirus-iv-7.html#post8300042

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

A better question that I would like to know would be what is the best SARS-COV-2 Antibody IgG test out there? And would you trust it to say definitively that the sample did or did not have the antibodies in it? (Provided the sample was not from a true borderline case during the early production phase of the antibodies)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The story I saw was primarily about Broadripple. Not sure if they're doing it downtown. I understand why they're doing it, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to go through the area only to find I had to take a detour because people were eating in the main thoroughfare.
    Been happening before all this COVID-19 Mess. Downtown Indy closed streets all the time for festivals and other events. Not a big deal. As for Broad Ripple, there are many streets that can be closed off without impacting traffic flow to any great degree.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Been happening before all this COVID-19 Mess. Downtown Indy closed streets all the time for festivals and other events. Not a big deal.

Except festivals were one or two day events. Not weeks long (or however long Stinky Shoes deems it necessary). It's no skin off my nose since I don't frequent that area, but I used to when I lived up that way. It just seems that everything just keeps getting more absurd.

ETA: And FWIW, I'm happy that the restaurants are able to serve customers however they can! Just seems odd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So in your first breath you acknowledge that breathing is acceptable.
    In the next breath, you acknowledge that it's not possible to know if you are infected until it's too late and the damage is done.

How about you simply follow through to the logical conclusion here instead of trying to justify anti-american belief systems? The constitution isn't a right or left issue.

Yes, staying home if you know you're infected is the right thing to do. That's simply a hypothetical and unlikely to be the issue here since you can be infectious for 2 weeks without having any knowledge, so it might as well just be ignored entirely for the sake of discussion.

Your logic is still flawed. No one has said that breathing is unacceptable. You're the only one who's saying that. What people are saying is that where you are when you breathe, is at least a little less acceptable if by being there, you're putting someone else at risk. How much less acceptable? It depends on the certainty that you will harm someone else by your presence. Obviously if you have something very deadly and very contagious, it's way less acceptable. Hopefully you have no problem seeing that concept if it were someone with AIDS intentionally trying to pass it on. Of course it's proportional to the harm and the risk.

With Covid-19 harm is nowhere near as certain. But because it has such a long incubation period, and the consequences for some people can be dire, that probability of harm is > 0. And is at least enough in the expert's estimation that there exists a personal responsibility placed on individuals to take some precautions when we're in public spaces. Now, I'm not saying that I think government should have shut things down, or that they should force people to wear masks, or whatever. That's not my conclusion here. My conclusionwas that your logic was flawed. In the post I replied to you were cheerfully knocking down the straw man you had erected yourself.

Tombs said:
    The public square is no longer standing on government property and discussing opinions. The public square is now the internet.
    Tombs said:

While it is not law, the constitution allows for amendments, and applying the first amendment to any company wishing to host
    public online discussion would be inline with the beliefs that founded this country. In fact, it's necessary, unless you want ABC corp to decide every single election from here on out, as more and more of the general public get all their information from them.

I don't consider corporations a "private" company anymore. It's a legal separation of personal risk and responsibility. The only accountability they have at that point is share holders, which will always favor the safest possible route, not the most freedom friendly route.

We're a lot closer on this issue. I know some panties will be twisted with this comment, but I'll say it. We may have outgrown some parts of the constitution. There's not really a physical public square anymore. Speech forbidden is no less dangerous to a society if it's forbidden by private companies. If 3 or 4 companies can shut down free speech it's still speech lost. I'm not sure what can or should be done about that without even more overreach by government. But it's a problem that needs solved.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Except festivals were one or two day events. Not weeks long (or however long Stinky Shoes deems it necessary). It's no skin off my nose since I don't frequent that area, but I used to when I lived up that way. It just seems that everything just keeps getting more absurd.

ETA: And FWIW, I'm happy that the restaurants are able to serve customers however they can! Just seems odd.

It is odd, but it is an attempt to work within the framework of slowly restarting after the Wuhan coronavirus lock-down. Assuming no significant spikes in infections, things will continue to ease up and this particular rule will disappear and those blocks will open up to normal traffic as people can go into the restaurants.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    haha

Ok. I don't get the reference, but I've taken myself out of the general news cycle. At this point, there are just a few topics I'm following.

But, in response to this hypothetical CNN reporter, life is full of metrics. It is one way to determine if we are doing "well." (Not everything is measurable, of course.)

Racist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom