• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Make sure your will and personal affairs are in order, just in case.

I just discovered I have a rare symptom for Covid-19, so I need to run and get tested tomorrow.

I've had a red, annoying, itching "rash" on my toe next to my big toe on my right foot. I've had it for about two (2) weeks. It is annoying and hydrocortisone helps diminish the itching.

However, just as I was getting done doing some work I decided to check the news at the Associated Press website. I'll be darned but the cover story is on "Covid toes" which is a rare symptom of the virus. What I have on one (1) toe looks exactly like their picture.

So the calls have started. First to one of my managers to take off work tomorrow. Second to the VA (I'm covered through them) to go get my toe inspected at the nearest clinic. Third will be tomorrow to find the nearest Covid testing site and see if I can get tested.

I would have never considered an itchy foot rash to be linked to the virus but there it was. The toe symptom isn't listed on the CDC website.

Other than an annoying itching toe I feel fine. No fever, no significant cough (slight w/ allergy season), no big headaches, nada.

I've argued many of us could already have this thing and not even know it. We'll see if it hits home at a personal level.

Don't worry or concern yourselves about me. I feel just fine. I'm certain it will turn out well, come positive or negative.

Regards,

Doug

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My favorite are the people who wear the mask, but pull it down to smoke a cigarette or have it hanging below their nose.

I don’t care either way. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask.... I don’t care. But if you’re gonna wear it, at least wear it correctly. Sheesh

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, c'mon though. You're simplifying the situation down to a superficial level. It's not merely just breathing. No one's saying that you can't breathe at all.

I think the proper depth to evaluate this is to find the point of relevance. Okay, so I don't think you'd argue that you don't have a moral responsibility to take precautions not to breathe on people if you knew you had a communicable disease. The difference here is that we don't know who has it and who doesn't because of the long incubation period and the lack of widespread testing, etcetera, etcetera. Okay, so how relevant is the likelihood that you're spreading a disease that would harm people? That's the question, not whether simply breathing is no longer a right.

How each person thinks about that question depends on how likely one believes they are to pass it on to someone else, and how we think that disease might impact that other person's life. So if you're someone who thinks, "it ain't nuffin' but a little ol' flu. It ain't gonna hert ya" then you're probably not going to give a flying **** about mitigating your behavior at all. On the other hand, if you're pretty close to the thinking that "if it saves just one life" you might think everyone who doesn't wear a mask is committing literally murder. I'm just saying that there is a point between where the most truth lies. It's not that I think you hold the most extreme right position, but it's probably a bit too far right of that place where the most truth is. It may be that dusty88's is a bit too far left of that point.

So in your first breath you acknowledge that breathing is acceptable.
    In the next breath, you acknowledge that it's not possible to know if you are infected until it's too late and the damage is done.

How about you simply follow through to the logical conclusion here instead of trying to justify anti-american belief systems? The constitution isn't a right or left issue.

Yes, staying home if you know you're infected is the right thing to do. That's simply a hypothetical and unlikely to be the issue here since you can be infectious for 2 weeks without having any knowledge, so it might as well just be ignored entirely for the sake of discussion.

Thanks! I had updated my "watch list" last night. When I woke up and saw a "removed" video in my feed I wondered what conspiracy video I had accidentally saved. Never imagined it was MedCram
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I support the right of a private company to limit what information is produced. I suspect they are doing it with rapid keyword searches and certainly not with medically-educated people. Removing a MedCram video will have the result of indirectly supporting the conspiracy videos.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The public square is no longer standing on government property and discussing opinions. The public square is now the internet.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]While it is not law, the constitution allows for amendments, and applying the first amendment to any company wishing to host [/FONT]public[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] online discussion would be inline with the beliefs that founded this country. In fact, it's necessary, unless you want ABC corp to decide every single election from here on out, as more and more of the general public get all their information from them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I don't consider corporations a "private" company anymore. It's a legal separation of personal risk and responsibility. The only accountability they have at that point is share holders, which will always favor the safest possible route, not the most freedom friendly route.[/FONT]

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well, c'mon though. You're simplifying the situation down to a superficial level. It's not merely just breathing. No one's saying that you can't breathe at all.

I think the proper depth to evaluate this is to find the point of relevance. Okay, so I don't think you'd argue that you don't have a moral responsibility to take precautions not to breathe on people if you knew you had a communicable disease. The difference here is that we don't know who has it and who doesn't because of the long incubation period and the lack of widespread testing, etcetera, etcetera. Okay, so how relevant is the likelihood that you're spreading a disease that would harm people? That's the question, not whether simply breathing is no longer a right.

How each person thinks about that question depends on how likely one believes they are to pass it on to someone else, and how we think that disease might impact that other person's life. So if you're someone who thinks, "it ain't nuffin' but a little ol' flu. It ain't gonna hert ya" then you're probably not going to give a flying **** about mitigating your behavior at all. On the other hand, if you're pretty close to the thinking that "if it saves just one life" you might think everyone who doesn't wear a mask is committing literally murder. I'm just saying that there is a point between where the most truth lies. It's not that I think you hold the most extreme right position, but it's probably a bit too far right of that place where the most truth is. It may be that dusty88's is a bit too far left of that point.

The middle path. Buddha smiles !

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I posted this last week but you may have missed this.
    Thanks. That’s interesting. I’ve seen a lot of people wearing masks in cars. That does not make sense to me. Especially if wearing it for long periods can cause you to pass out. :n00b:

I’d really like to see the word spread that masks carry some risk along with whatever protection they offer. I’m probably going to change some things about when and where I use a mask. And damn sure I’m not wearing one when I’m exercising.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey ya'all.

Something I just noticed. If you add the populations of the 5 hardest hit Euro countries (UK, Spain, France, Germany, Italy), their population is roughly the same as the US ~320M (v. ~330M in the US). (Also, I may be mistaken, but each of them has some variation of socialized medicine.)

But, their total deaths are over 130k (v. ours currently ~90k).

That ain't so bad.

I think we also have more diagnosed cases.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey ya'all.

Something I just noticed. If you add the populations of the 5 hardest hit Euro countries (UK, Spain, France, Germany, Italy), their population is roughly the same as the US ~320M (v. ~330M in the US). (Also, I may be mistaken, but each of them has some variation of socialized medicine.)

But, their total deaths are over 130k (v. ours currently ~90k).

That ain't so bad.

I think we also have more diagnosed cases.

Some CNN reporter is about to ask you why you see this as a competition...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Some CNN reporter is about to ask you why you see this as a competition...

haha

Ok. I don't get the reference, but I've taken myself out of the general news cycle. At this point, there are just a few topics I'm following.

But, in response to this hypothetical CNN reporter, life is full of metrics. It is one way to determine if we are doing "well." (Not everything is measurable, of course.)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    haha

Ok. I don't get the reference, but I've taken myself out of the general news cycle. At this point, there are just a few topics I'm following.

But, in response to this hypothetical CNN reporter, life is full of metrics. It is one way to determine if we are doing "well." (Not everything is measurable, of course.)

[video=youtube;T7NW5lkNZVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7NW5lkNZVc[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    New numbers from a random sampling show that ~ 45% of all infected Hoosiers showed no symptoms. But ... the total infection rate of those tested was still under 3%.

https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/...o-give-update-on-covid-19-efforts-in-indiana/

Many, many more people have had it than what the current confirmed case numbers show, but that less than 3% number leads me to believe far fewer have had it than the number of people who think they did, myself included.

I did make an appointment for the anti-body testing through LabCorp. For $10, why not?

We shall see what comes back.

Just returned from LabCorp where I had my blood drawn for the $10 IgG antibody test.

https://www.labcorp.com/tests/164055/sars-cov-2-antibody-igg

The process was pretty painless other than being forced to create an account prior to booking an appointment.

I got there a a few minutes early, checked in using my phone. About 5 minutes later they sent me a text letting me know they were ready for me. I went in had the blood drown and was out 5 minutes later.

It's just a yes or no test looking for presence of antbodies. I should have results back in 1-3 days. There was a caveat related to the presence of antibodies.

Positive results may be due to past or present infection with non-SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains, such as coronavirus HKU1, NL63, OC43, or 229E.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom