• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, my sister (who completed chemo in Feb. for lymphoma) and her kids, my niece and nephew, all got the COVID and it looks like they are all going to...eventually...recover. My nephew had an indicated 107 degree temperature at one time. They all had high fevers. My sister said at its peak (about a week ago) it was much worse in terms of pain, GI symptoms, shaking, etc. than the worst of her chemo. They never had respiratory symptoms.

Her husband, my brother-in-law either hasn't gotten it or is asymptomatic. He has not been tested, but I imagine when his "partial quarantine" is done, early Sept. (14 days after the last time someone in his household would be capable of passing it), he will likely get tested for antibodies.

My Mom never got it and is at over 14 days since she last had contact with anyone in my sister's household. That is incredible.

I would just note that simply looking at death as an outcome and ignoring all other negative outcomes...seems incomplete.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    HM - great news, thanks for sharing. And, to the extent you are comfortable, I personally welcome any updates regarding the long-term effects. As you imply, those can also be serious.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    HM - great news, thanks for sharing. And, to the extent you are comfortable, I personally welcome any updates regarding the long-term effects. As you imply, those can also be serious.

Will do. Though anecdotal, real and accurate information is beneficial to a larger understanding.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well, my sister (who completed chemo in Feb. for lymphoma) and her kids, my niece and nephew, all got the COVID and it looks like they are all going to...eventually...recover. My nephew had an indicated 107 degree temperature at one time. They all had high fevers. My sister said at its peak (about a week ago) it was much worse in terms of pain, GI symptoms, shaking, etc. than the worst of her chemo. They never had respiratory symptoms.

Her husband, my brother-in-law either hasn't gotten it or is asymptomatic. He has not been tested, but I imagine when his "partial quarantine" is done, early Sept. (14 days after the last time someone in his household would be capable of passing it), he will likely get tested for antibodies.

My Mom never got it and is at over 14 days since she last had contact with anyone in my sister's household. That is incredible.

I would just note that simply looking at death as an outcome and ignoring all other negative outcomes...seems incomplete.
    Good news. My wife slowly recovered as did her co-workers from the nursing home. One of their long term effects was hair loss. It's getting better now but it was big clumps. They had it at the end of April.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good news. My wife slowly recovered as did her co-workers from the nursing home. One of their long term effects was hair loss. It's getting better now but it was big clumps. They had it at the end of April.

Good to hear, but I won't mention the hair to my sister. She was just starting to grow hers back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Where does the Builderberg Group fit in? I mean. They have to coordinate this **** with Europe and the rest of the world don't they?

The logistics are being outsourced to Jeff Bezos. Amazon will handle the distribution.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I thought I would pass this along, particularly for those who claim that Remdesivir "doesn't work." This is an anecdote shared with Gilead, who in turn shared it with my client, who in turn shared it with my team.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]View attachment 90189

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks for that anecdote, chip. My sense is that this epidemic will require multiple strategies to fight effectively, so I'm thankful for this additional one.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What does it mean - "the doctors were made aware of remdesivir by gilead and obtained the doses"?

How could any doctor treating anybody for anything not be aware of remdesivir?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Remdesivir is just one more reason why the rate of fatalities has fallen precipitously. It's not just younger people getting it, but that's part. It's avoiding some things they thought would help, but hurt, and finding new things that help.

More good news, multiple studies (still under review) are finding immunity (more properly: resistance) after recovering is quite persistent.

No guarantees on the length of time, but things are looking good for at least many months (and given that "many months" is all the experience we have, that's pretty good). This is also thought to be an indication that an eventual vaccine can be found and it could provide quite durable resistance as well.

The article breaks down in layman's terms why some stories we heard in the last few weeks about antibodies reducing over time should not be alarming. Antibodies always reduce over time after recovery from a virus, but in the right circumstances, B cells (and T cells) can learn the virus that is being fought and new antibodies can be produced rapidly when the virus is encountered again. This is also why giving antibody plasma can be helpful, but does not provoke the same immune response that having the virus does.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coro...pY0J1Lu1txIrA2D0DdirktDDM8i6An9TExsgE1FslyBr8

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/health/immunity-studies-optimism-covid-19/index.html

Last edited:

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    No idea if it has been covered in this thread or not but check out Robert Gallo's oral polio vaccine research vis a vis Covid.... Google Robert Gallo if you're skeptical about credentials.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No idea if it has been covered in this thread or not but check out Robert Gallo's oral polio vaccine research vis a vis Covid.... Google Robert Gallo if you're skeptical about credentials.

One of the articles I linked above (maybe both) references the fact that as scientists have been able to gather information about T cells fighting COVID (which is much more intensive than just testing for antibodies), it seems that a significant number of people have a T cell immune response to COVID-19 even though they have not had it. It is thought that other pathogens, or vaccines, have produced T cells that, at least to some extent, activate against COVID-19 and fight them at an early stage. This could be related to the polio vaccine hypothesis and may be one explanation as to why so many people either don't seem to get it when exposed, or are asymptomatic or have very mild cases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom