• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've been wondering about this recently as I'm noticing more masks discarded in store parking lots...

BOrfr4k.jpg

Because it has nothing to do with anyone's safety.

If it did, a minimum spec of rated mask would be required.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Isn't that so they can identify the disease? If it is the flu they just send them home. If it is the chinese virus they send them home with hydroxychloroquine.

The rapid molecular test (results in 15 mins) can miss up to 60% of people that have it. The test sucks.

The PCR test (better one), turnaround 1-2 days, misses about 30% of people that have it. The test sucks.

Testing once is stupid if you have symptoms. A negative doesn't mean you don't have it. You need a second test to get under a 10% miss rate. And guess what... if you have symptoms... ASSUME YOU HAVE IT.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The rapid molecular test (results in 15 mins) can miss up to 60% of people that have it. The test sucks.

The PCR test (better one), turnaround 1-2 days, misses about 30% of people that have it. The test sucks.

Testing once is stupid if you have symptoms. A negative doesn't mean you don't have it. You need a second test to get under a 10% miss rate. And guess what... if you have symptoms... ASSUME YOU HAVE IT.

Right, but then you better not die from it without a positive test or people will start screaming conspiracy theories about dicking up the numbers.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It would be a whole lot easier to take seriously any conversations on the matter if people were to put aside their their cherished political delusions and admit that the bug was created and released upon us per an event driven schedule. Until that happens thinking and discourse are occupied with the distractive minutiae of propaganda and daily experiences. The villains in this matter are going scot-free unless you stop them.

Sorry if that sounds preachy but this is like pointless banter between Statler and Waldorf distracting everyone in the theater while Booth cocks his derringer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would be a whole lot easier to take seriously any conversations on the matter if people were to put aside their their cherished political delusions and admit that the bug was created and released upon us per an event driven schedule. Until that happens thinking and discourse are occupied with the distractive minutiae of propaganda and daily experiences. The villains in this matter are going scot-free unless you stop them.

Sorry if that sounds preachy but this is like pointless banter between Statler and Waldorf distracting everyone in the theater while Booth cocks his derringer.
    “Cherished political delusion,” eh? Mmmkay. Has it occurred to you that the people who don’t believe what you believe aren’t delusional?

Ah. Nah. That’s just crazy talk. The only reason people could possibly believe something different is that THEY are the delusional ones. They should just watch trunews. Then they could be informed too. I mean. It literally says “tru” in the name. That has to be truth.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Sweden: Death Rates Now Match Yearly Average

The chart from Statistics Sweden referenced in spreadsheet is more accurate than the chart shown in the article.

if you follow the link to the Swedish site there is a lot of good data there. There was a spike through April and May. By June it was back to the normal average but something else starts happening. Late July and August are trending below the averages. I think this will be more interesting is the long term. Were those early deaths just deaths that were expected later in the year? I’m not making assumptions only asking the question.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Unless you're privy to something different, it is the PEOPLE (or a percentage of people) who are not seeking the medical care for symptoms indicative of cancer, heart disease, etc.

Part of the problem is fake news, like this article points out happened in Houston when the MSM screamed the ICUs were out of room when they were at 25% of SURGE capacity... because that narrative fit the MSM political bent. And, some people who skipped going to the clinics and hospitals because of those false headlines - DIED of everyday health issues that had nothing to do with coronavirus.

NR: How Houston Defied Doomsday COVID Predictions
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020...-houston-hospitals-defy-doomsday-predictions/

And just why would people not seek medical care? You cite media and there is truth, but the media didn't suspend "non-essential" medical care, government did. That coupled with social media bs...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Good to hear:

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert is COVID-19-free, and he credits hydroxychloroquine

Gohmert tested positive for the coronavirus on July 29 after taking a test at the White House ahead of a planned trip with President Trump.

Gohmert drove to Texas to self-quarantine and suffered several days of mild symptoms, including fatigue, but is now free of the virus, he said.

He tested negative for the virus and positive for the coronavirus antibodies this week. Gohmert said that he will donate plasma “as often as I am allowed” to help others recover from the virus.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And just why would people not seek medical care? You cite media and there is truth, but the media didn't suspend "non-essential" medical care, government did.

IIRC, that was mid-March and April and by May 4th, regular doctor visits were allowed again. I know my regular yearly check-up the second week of June was no big deal and confirmed in late May that it would not need to be re-scheduled.

At least in my neck of the woods where we dodged any meaningful "first wave" in March/April.

I understand Marion (and a few other counties) was on a different schedule due to the high number of cases, both raw numbers and per capita.

Anyhow, that was up to 3 1/2 months ago. Again, just going off of memory, re-opening started May 4th, IIRC.

That coupled with social media bs...

If someone is getting their medical information to make critical health decisions from randos on social media, then that in itself might be a form of Darwinism. :dunno:

Unfortunately the supposedly journalistic outlets that should be providing the best possible available information and facts... are no better than a bunch of "Karens" on FB/Twitter/etc.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Gohmert tested positive for the coronavirus on July 29 after taking a test at the White House ahead of a planned trip with President Trump.

Gohmert drove to Texas to self-quarantine and suffered several days of mild symptoms, including fatigue, but is now free of the virus, he said.

He tested negative for the virus and positive for the coronavirus antibodies this week. Gohmert said that he will donate plasma “as often as I am allowed” to help others recover from the virus.

Good for him! If all the healthy survivors would donate plasma there would be very little reason for any more deaths at all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    “Cherished political delusion,” eh? Mmmkay. Has it occurred to you that the people who don’t believe what you believe aren’t delusional?

Ah. Nah. That’s just crazy talk. The only reason people could possibly believe something different is that THEY are the delusional ones. They should just watch trunews. Then they could be informed too. I mean. It literally says “tru” in the name. That has to be truth.

Maybe they aren't delusional and are just intentionally malicious.

They made potentially life saving medication a political issue, as a political stunt to simply spite someone they dislike.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Well, someone is certainly malicious.
    I stand on what I said because it is obviously true.
    The villains in this matter are going scot-free unless we stop them. To make that happen the citizenry has to cut through the Bachian fugue of overlapping distractive voices that is oh so effectively being used to neutralize dissent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe they aren't delusional and are just intentionally malicious.

They made potentially life saving medication a political issue, as a political stunt to simply spite someone they dislike.
    That’s a fair speculation. “They” did politicize HCQ after trump made a positive statement about it. It seemed to bias all the Trump haters against it at that point. I’m not sure a Trump hating scientist could conduct a study that produced unbiased results.

But that wasn’t the claim. The claim was that people who don’t believe that “the bug was created and released upon us per an event driven schedule” are delusional. I’m sorry, but you have to infer a lot of facts not in evidence to believe the virus was planned. Speculate, sure. But you go to a sites like “trunews” where they crank out manufactured “facts” like big macs, then believe everything without critical analysis, and then call everyone else delusional? Nah. I’m pushing back on that.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The claim was that people who don’t believe that “the bug was created and released upon us per an event driven schedule” are delusional. I’m sorry, but you have to infer a lot of facts not in evidence to believe the virus was planned. Speculate, sure. But you go to a sites like “trunews” where they crank out manufactured “facts” like big macs, then believe everything without critical analysis, and then call everyone else delusional? Nah. I’m pushing back on that.

:+1:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, someone is certainly malicious.
    I stand on what I said because it is obviously true.
    The villains in this matter are going scot-free unless we stop them. To make that happen the citizenry has to cut through the Bachian fugue of overlapping distractive voices that is oh so effectively being used to neutralize dissent.
    Speculation is fine. Dissent is fine. “Obviously true?” There’s not enough genuine facts that support what you so confidently believe. Belief is way too powerful and important to trust that which we have uncritically accepted, especially when it’s what you’re eager to believe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom