Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yes, they need a license. Why was it revoked? There was no "event" at their place. They were doing all the cleaning stuff they were supposed to do.
    A dollar general next door can sell unnecessary crap, but is allowed to open.
    A bus is allowed to be crammed full.
    I understand and agree with your point, I was just trying to take it a step further and point out that we are already so programmed to being regulated that it’s pitiful.

In a little farmer coffee shop I used to hang out in the gang was going on about government intrusion in our lives (this was 20 years ago) and I started in on a rant about lines on the road. Well, of course we need those.
    Everybody has a place where they draw the line (supposedly), but they keep pushing.

My point is we should have pushed back a long time ago, before the sheep got so soft. Their regulation is nothing but hypocrisy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Good news! Breast, colorectal, lung, pancreatic, gastric and esophageal cancers are down 46% from previous years.

Cancer diagnoses plummet during COVID-19, and experts fear that could mean worse disease later

That is great! The China virus is stopping cancer. If only we had known sooner, many in my family would still be here.

To the fu****g idiots insisting on shutdowns and making it difficult to get around, the bullzitt they are pushing on politicians is killing people, real people. The death toll caused by the do-gooders will be astronomical and probably dwarf covid deaths but the results will not hit FB for several years.

Facts:

Covid is here and will be forever.

Without vaccine 80% of us will get it.

Puny humans cannot control a virus.

Why are we stopping proper medical care in the false hope of controlling a virus?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So if you could only have one test would it be for covid or for Breast, colorectal, lung, pancreatic, gastric and esophageal cancers?

A. Last I checked, there was no shortage of testing for any of those, so I'm not sure what the point of the question is.

2. COVID would kill me in a few weeks or so, and the longer it goes untreated, the more fatal it becomes. Those others will take on the order of months or years to kill me (and at least 2 of them I have < 1% chance of having). Of those, pancreatic would be the scariest and I'd get tested for that in a heartbeat if I was... wait for it... symptomatic for it.

III. That time constraint includes the time that all - ALL - non-emergent medical visits were at least discouraged if not outright forbidden. I'm not condoning the wisdom of that edict, but that was the reality of it. So, people didn't do it.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    A. Last I checked, there was no shortage of testing for any of those, so I'm not sure what the point of the question is.

The question is not about a shortage, it is about access. Repositioning someone's argument in order to defeat it is a bad look. Let's not do that, shall we?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

2. COVID would kill me in a few weeks or so, and the longer it goes untreated, the more fatal it becomes. Those others will take on the order of months or years to kill me (and at least 2 of them I have < 1% chance of having). Of those, pancreatic would be the scariest and I'd get tested for that in a heartbeat if I was... wait for it... symptomatic for it.

III. That time constraint includes the time that all - ALL - non-emergent medical visits were at least discouraged if not outright forbidden. I'm not condoning the wisdom of that edict, but that was the reality of it. So, people didn't do it.

I know, dealing with reality is hard...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So if you could only have one test would it be for covid or for Breast, colorectal, lung, pancreatic, gastric and esophageal cancers?

I'd tend to base my decision on the facts that only one has a 99%+ survival rate and mitigations available inexpensively and/or OTC.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, some initial bad news with, hopefully, an ultimate silver lining that turns into good news.

I have mentioned in the past that my sister finished chemotherapy for non-Hodgkins lymphoma in February.

About 10 days ago, she developed a fever and what she thought was more of a sinus virus and she got tested. Later she developed other, very unpleasant symptoms, but not difficulty breathing. First test-corrupted, no result. Second test- positive, today. Since my sister started getting sick, her kids, my niece and nephew got sick. My nephew (a 6'5" 260 lbs 15 year old) got it worse. My sister's fever broke several days ago and she had slowly been feeling better. The rest of the family is feeling better.

My Mom, who lives close to my sister thinks she may have had it first and has been feeling unwell on and off (since I was a teenager, but I digress). My Mom has artificial heart valves and heart arrhythmias. However, she is feeling better too. She has not been tested, but probably will be today.

So, not good that my sister, her family and probably my Mom got the 'Rona, but as they improve and it has not (as of yet, hopefully never) been severe, I think they will eventually feel a lot more relaxed having the antibodies.

Still waiting and watching, but it seems like it is going the right direction.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Something to think about:

covid.png

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well, some initial bad news with, hopefully, an ultimate silver lining that turns into good news.

I have mentioned in the past that my sister finished chemotherapy for non-Hodgkins lymphoma in February.

About 10 days ago, she developed a fever and what she thought was more of a sinus virus and she got tested. Later she developed other, very unpleasant symptoms, but not difficulty breathing. First test-corrupted, no result. Second test- positive, today. Since my sister started getting sick, her kids, my niece and nephew got sick. My nephew (a 6'5" 260 lbs 15 year old) got it worse. My sister's fever broke several days ago and she had slowly been feeling better. The rest of the family is feeling better.

My Mom, who lives close to my sister thinks she may have had it first and has been feeling unwell on and off (since I was a teenager, but I digress). My Mom has artificial heart valves and heart arrhythmias. However, she is feeling better too. She has not been tested, but probably will be today.

So, not good that my sister, her family and probably my Mom got the 'Rona, but as they improve and it has not (as of yet, hopefully never) been severe, I think they will eventually feel a lot more relaxed having the antibodies.

Still waiting and watching, but it seems like it is going the right direction.
    I will be praying for your family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom