Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When he is yelling like that, you can bet droplets of crap are coming out of his mouth. And this is acceptable behavior during a very contagious disease outbreak? I'd be tempted to cram a sock in him.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My fiancee has it. Started showing symptoms late 4/18. Got tested the next day and was positive. She's 27, fairly healthy, PTA at a local nursing home. Most, if not all of her co-workers have it now and couple dozen residents have it. They all were symptomatic about the same time.

She had the swine flu years ago and she says she was "sicker" with that but this has lasted a lot longer. She's 3 full days without a fever, highest was 101.8. Feels like eating now, doing better. Very fatigued though. She's been isolating way before she had symptoms so that's a plus.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Is Indiana open for business come May 1st? Or are we still waiting for our Supreme Leader Holcomb to give his approval?
    I'm always open for business.

I think most places are opening. Even the Greenwood mall will be open. How many stores? Dont know, but they have the opportunity to be open. Up to them if they want money or not. Just like it's now peoples choice to shop or not. As it should have always been.

However indy's democrap mayor extended the lockdown until may 15th for marion county.
    We must strip these politicians of their self given power after this breach of liberty

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Short answer- the unknown likely justifies greater restrictions. As the unknown becomes more known, it may no longer meet strict scrutiny.

IANAL, and I appreciate your indulgence as I try to understand lawyer logic from an engineer's perspective. How can generalized restrictions that have unknown impact on unknown risks ever satisfy strict scrutiny? The very turn of phrase ("the unknown likely justifies greater restrictions") implies ambiguity that undermines the specificity and precision inherent in the concept of strict scrutiny.

For the sake of argument, let's concede that they (generally, stay-at-home mandates, restricting travel, etc. collectively) meet the compelling government interest test, on the grounds of intending to save the lives of a large number of people.

However, they fail the narrowly tailored test. The restrictions are clearly overbroad, and in implementation (kicking socially distancing seniors out of beach chairs, arresting socially distancing mothers at a playground, prohibiting the sale of "non-essential" goods at a store that is otherwise open, etc.) have little to no connection to the compelling government interest.

Similarly, they fail the least-restrictive means test. The policies are not targeted at isolating either the known-infected or the most-at-risk, but are targeted at the entire population. There are demonstrably less-restrictive means to accomplish the same ends.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is Indiana open for business come May 1st? Or are we still waiting for our Supreme Leader Holcomb to give his approval?

Hokem is set to announce something tomorrow. The last order expires 11:59PM tomorrow. He’s expected to open up some businesses with some restrictions.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My fiancee has it. Started showing symptoms late 4/18. Got tested the next day and was positive. She's 27, fairly healthy, PTA at a local nursing home. Most, if not all of her co-workers have it now and couple dozen residents have it. They all were symptomatic about the same time.

She had the swine flu years ago and she says she was "sicker" with that but this has lasted a lot longer. She's 3 full days without a fever, highest was 101.8. Feels like eating now, doing better. Very fatigued though. She's been isolating way before she had symptoms so that's a plus.

Prayers inbound that she makes a full recovery!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Forget a vaccine anytime soon. SARS still doesn’t have one. But there may be treatments that are effective.

My sis is an ICU RN at Methodist and they are having GREAT results with giving the very sick patients plasma from those who recovered. They see an almost immediate turn around. Interesting fact, the vast majority of her patients are Hispanic.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Yeah, I've had 6-7 friends come down with it. All doing well. The fatigue seems to be the common symptom.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What is wrong with giving the cops her name? Other than the fact that they surely knew it by then.

"Your name is going in your file, as is that fact that you are being uncooperative."

Yeah, I just can't imagine why anyone wouldn't just completely open up to such outstanding badge-wearers.

It's because of police officers like these, that you get attitudes like this:

[video=youtube;d-7o9xYp7eE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE[/video]

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I just think of it as temporary imminent domain :)

I am also not all that smart. I do however have a wife that is making fresh whip cream to put on newly baked pumpkin pie.

IANAL, and I appreciate your indulgence as I try to understand lawyer logic from an engineer's perspective. How can generalized restrictions that have unknown impact on unknown risks ever satisfy strict scrutiny? The very turn of phrase ("the unknown likely justifies greater restrictions") implies ambiguity that undermines the specificity and precision inherent in the concept of strict scrutiny.

For the sake of argument, let's concede that they (generally, stay-at-home mandates, restricting travel, etc. collectively) meet the compelling government interest test, on the grounds of intending to save the lives of a large number of people.

However, they fail the narrowly tailored test. The restrictions are clearly overbroad, and in implementation (kicking socially distancing seniors out of beach chairs, arresting socially distancing mothers at a playground, prohibiting the sale of "non-essential" goods at a store that is otherwise open, etc.) have little to no connection to the compelling government interest.

Similarly, they fail the least-restrictive means test. The policies are not targeted at isolating either the known-infected or the most-at-risk, but are targeted at the entire population. There are demonstrably less-restrictive means to accomplish the same ends.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My sis is an ICU RN at Methodist and they are having GREAT results with giving the very sick patients plasma from those who recovered. They see an almost immediate turn around. Interesting fact, the vast majority of her patients are Hispanic.
    That's because 30 of them live in one house. So if 1 gets sick 3o people get it

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "Your name is going in your file, as is that fact that you are being uncooperative."

Yeah, I just can't imagine why anyone wouldn't just completely open up to such outstanding badge-wearers.

It's because of police officers like these, that you get attitudes like this:

[video=youtube;d-7o9xYp7eE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE[/video]

Exactly. Come at me hard or like dicks like they did her and that's the response theyll get, I dont answer questions of law enforcement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom