Not open for further replies.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    My question is this. Why is the whole state locked down or whatever you call it when only about 10 Counties actually need to be? Why are the rest being treated the same way?

I'd assume to stop people from moving around. It'll be interesting if the towns around Indy open up a bit, I don't see people from indy staying put.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Short answer- the unknown likely justifies greater restrictions. As the unknown becomes more known, it may no longer meet strict scrutiny.

First I respect your opinion as much as anyone on INGO:ingo:. So I think a lot of us have to ask, when does it become excessive and where does it stop? At some point don't you have to push back?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    #1 No one knows for sure,
    #2 She likely never completely cleared it, or, in fact, doesn't have it now. Is this based upon symptoms or a positive test after testing negative (which still doesn't exclude never having completely cleared it).

Hopefully that's the case. If it is, she went back to work with it.:runaway:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My question is this. Why is the whole state locked down or whatever you call it when only about 10 Counties actually need to be? Why are the rest being treated the same way?

If you think people are complaining about it now, can you imagine if there were different rules all over the place?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So just enough to be homeless.

You think? :):

San Francisco is establishing a "poop patrol" in order to combat the rising tide of human feces flooding its streets, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
    The San Francisco Chronicle also reported that members of the patrol will make an annual base salary of $71,760 — $184,678 if you include mandated benefits. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage of a refuse and recyclable material collector was $36,160 in 2017

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If I was Avon, I would persuade Brownsburg and Plainfield to open up NOW!!! After a week went by, I'd open up figuring all the sick people are now at home.

I'd assume to stop people from moving around. It'll be interesting if the towns around Indy open up a bit, I don't see people from indy staying put.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, eventually there will be one. Yeah, I agree that the effective treatments will be here sooner. But even tamiflu isn't 100% effective.

SARS burned itself out. COVID doesn't appear to be following that same trajectory.

There are trials going on now for vaccines developed in the US, Europe, and China. That sounds promising if that's the only information about it. They're still working on a safe/effective SARS vaccine years later. Granted, they're not throwing as much money or as many people at it as they are for COVID-19. I'm pretty skeptical they'll get it done though. They were in a big hurry for the SARS virus back in the day and hit burnt out itself waiting.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    and then you get this at a protest in Michigan.
    View attachment 86707
    Looks like they did some good..........

LANSING (WJRT) (4/30/2020) - Michigan lawmakers did not approve a State of Emergency for the coronavirus pandemic and instead authorized a lawsuit challenging Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's authority.Whitmer asked the Legislature to approve a 28-day extension of the emergency declaration, which expires Thursday night.
    Instead, legislators voted on a package of bills Thursday that would change how the state responds to the coronavirus pandemic. They also voted to approve the lawsuit against Whitmer.
    Members of the Republican-led House passed bills that would replace a series of orders issued by Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer with state laws passed through the normal democratic process, according to Speaker Lee Chatfield.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom