GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Doesn't seem quite right does it? You want to go back to work? Okay, but we're cutting your pay. Want to go on unemployment? Great! You get a raise! :scratch:

And I’m one of the ones that believe philosophically, it was a bad move to add that $600/week number to the UI. It removes, or at least diminishes the desire for one to return to work, even at part time from where you were before. I can only imagine how those that look to the government as their savior and have really had a windfall during the past month will look at this, when it happens to them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sorry to hear that. I don’t understand the reasoning for going back “halfway”. You’re exposing yourself to coworkers already, it isn’t like being exposed to them “half the time” will make you “half as likely” to catch it if they bring it in.

I doubt it is a one-to-one correlation, but being around people less time does decrease the risk of spread. Also, staggering when people work allows people to be more physically spread out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If some of the "experts" are correct, and we have a "more severe" 2nd wave in the Fall/Winter, and we don't have a vaccine by that time, do we do all of this lock down again?
    I'm not an economic scholar, but I can see that being catastrophic for our economy, if we are even making a good comeback by then.

That "IF" is so big it will not fit my screen. The "experts" have been so wrong why would anyone believe then now?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Early on in this thing we had the discussion about an article that suggested a corona virus party. This was about the time some kids were having such parties, but it was more in contempt and disbelief than making it an actual strategy. I agreed with it if we could know who might get through it without harm. Having a lot of people out there immune to it would be a good thing, and keep it from spreading to those of us who might have problems with it.

I wasn't......Let's do it
    [video=youtube;R8OWNspU_yE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE[/video]

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/trump-says-will-sign-order-on-virus-related-liability-problems.html

• President Donald Trump plans to use the Defense Production Act to order meat processing plants to stay open through the coronavirus pandemic, a person familiar tells CNBC.
    • The government will also be providing additional guidance and protective gear for employees of meatpacking plants.
    • Nearly two dozen plants have closed after workers contracted Covid-19, prompting plant owners and farmers to warn of a meat shortage on grocery store shelves.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9365515/billboard-1918-pandemic-coverage

A small section from Billboard magazine re: the 1918 flu outbreak and the effects on the entertainment industry and country fairs. Not a lot of depth, but I figured a few of you might enjoy it. Terre Haute theaters mentioned....owners arrested TWICE.

View attachment 86658

What is the difference between now and then?

They dressed better in 1918.

Very cool Alpo! I had no idea that Billboard had been around that long! Thanks for posting that. :yesway:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9365515/billboard-1918-pandemic-coverage

A small section from Billboard magazine re: the 1918 flu outbreak and the effects on the entertainment industry and country fairs. Not a lot of depth, but I figured a few of you might enjoy it. Terre Haute theaters mentioned....owners arrested TWICE.

View attachment 86658

What is the difference between now and then?

They dressed better in 1918.

But there was still always one dumbass that didn't know* how to wear mask properly.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom