Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Then again, maybe Trump does know more about this than Alpo. :):

[video=youtube;HYUdCGdMXxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=217&v=HYUdCGdMXxQ&feature=emb_ logo[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

we nebulizer medications into the lung already. ever hear of TOBI? . he was brainstorming. the UV thing is cutting edge.

they are nebulizing Veletri into the lungs of COVID patients

just because trump knows more than lay people doesn't make him an idiot.

I don't want a president who "brainstorms" in a running monologue on a daily basis. Anyway, it was more of an unfiltered stream-of-consciousness utterance than thoughtfully considered and articulated area of research and inquiry. Certainly, some will draw "hope" from that specific message. And some people went to Mexico for Laetrile.

As to whether a cutting edge uv endotracheal procedure or a vasodilator are what Trump was talking about (maybe....possibly...or unlikely. Pick one) it certainly wasn't clear that the Cedars-Sinai device was loosely defined by Trump. Perhaps. He seems to be stating it as his original idea. Disinfectant injection is not the same as a nebulized vasodilator, so no, I wouldn't say your argument holds there, Doc.

So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful.

Last edited:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I don't want a president who "brainstorms" in a running monologue on a daily basis. Anyway, it is more of an unfiltered stream-of-consciousness utterance than thoughtfully considered and articulated areas of research and inquiry.

So your preference is for a senile old man who, if he can get past one of his legacy sex assault allegations the media doesn’t want to address, can’t string a coherent thought together if it lasts longer than a couple of minutes? And has been wrong more often than not in a 40+ year political career? I’m referring to Biden, in case you can’t figure it out. If you want to see a real disaster and not just a minor pandemic, go for it. Hard pass from me on that.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Jobs lost: 20,000,000 and counting
    deaths: 54,000 and counting

let's be generous and say on AVERAGE a person who dies of covid would have lived another 10 years. given their average age i think that's more than generous.

10 years is 3650 days.

we have lost 450 jobs for every life lost to covid so far.

how many would volunteer to lose your job if it meant a stranger would live an extra 8 days?

this is a discussion we need to have because you know they will be pushing another shut down in a few months when it comes back

The damage of economic hardship definitely needs to be considered. Unfortunately it's not a simple equation. You cannot separate the virus from economic problems.

How much worse with economic damage be if the virus runs loose and we have a higher death count? I don't know if anyone has the answer to that question by a pandemic is bound to cause economic strife so these are not simple question or simple answers.
    A review of different cities after the 1918 pandemic didn't show that those who did more for virus mitigation actually had a faster recovery. Of course correlation is not causation as there are so many different factors, and that was a different epidemic.

In my view of the characteristics of this epidemic you need testing and tracing of contacts. And we had almost zero testing available when epidemic hit the US. I think Indiana is now at the point where they are able to test to most symptomatic people? And they are running surveillance test this weekend to try to determine the extent of viral spread in different areas. So I think we're getting close to doing something more targeted here I hope

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When you get your desired contact tracing info (ignoring for the moment the potential inaccuracies in methods used to gather it) what will you do with it? Will you force (and with what coercions) people, that a phone app says came within X feet of a WuVid 19 positive person, to quarantine themselves for 14 (or more) days without some further indication of infection?

I predict some pushback on that strategy

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My wife’s best friend just found out her dad (in a nursing home) has Wuhan Flu. She says she’s doubtful he’ll pull through.

My wife & I have had 8 people now that we know, who have, or had the virus, with about half being in the higher-risk group and all improving.
    I can't fathom dealing emotionally with the reality of a death taking someone in their family or "inner-circle," and especially frightening if they are in a nursing home.

I read a stat last evening that I didn't post b/c the source of the info wasn't cited.
    Can't remember the exact numbers, but the vast majority of the cases in MA were from nursing homes and with mitigating health issues and the median age was in the 80s.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife & I have had 8 people now that we know, who have, or had the virus, with about half being in the higher-risk group and all improving.
    I can't fathom dealing emotionally with the reality of a death taking someone in their family or "inner-circle," and especially frightening if they are in a nursing home.

I read a stat last evening that I didn't post b/c the source of the info wasn't cited.
    Can't remember the exact numbers, but the vast majority of the cases in MA were from nursing homes and with mitigating health issues and the median age was in the 80s.

I don’t know if it’s still accurate but at one time nearly all or maybe all of the deaths in Lawrence County were from nursing homes.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I work with a bunch of guys that ***** because they're kept in the dark. This same bunch of guys ***** because they are provided too much information.

On a lighter note, and HD may have more up to date info, our daily brief on friday said we only had 32 positive cases in house. That's the lowest it's been since this started.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    This virus isn't going anywhere and we are going to have to deal with it. Holing up and shutting the country isn't getting the job done. I'm not saying forget about it and move on, we we will have to take precautions moving forward. You won't see me rubbing elbows ant basketball games but I will go to a reatraunt to eat it I have enough space that I don't feel I'm putting myself at risk. We will have to adjust but we can move on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This virus isn't going anywhere and we are going to have to deal with it. Holing up and shutting the country isn't getting the job done. I'm not saying forget about it and move on, we we will have to take precautions moving forward. You won't see me rubbing elbows ant basketball games but I will go to a reatraunt to eat it I have enough space that I don't feel I'm putting myself at risk. We will have to adjust but we can move on.

A good dose of common sense... Let freedom ring...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The damage of economic hardship definitely needs to be considered. Unfortunately it's not a simple equation. You cannot separate the virus from economic problems.

How much worse with economic damage be if the virus runs loose and we have a higher death count? I don't know if anyone has the answer to that question by a pandemic is bound to cause economic strife so these are not simple question or simple answers.
    A review of different cities after the 1918 pandemic didn't show that those who did more for virus mitigation actually had a faster recovery. Of course correlation is not causation as there are so many different factors, and that was a different epidemic.

In my view of the characteristics of this epidemic you need testing and tracing of contacts. And we had almost zero testing available when epidemic hit the US. I think Indiana is now at the point where they are able to test to most symptomatic people? And they are running surveillance test this weekend to try to determine the extent of viral spread in different areas. So I think we're getting close to doing something more targeted here I hope

I will say it again since you did, testing is for academics and history. This ain't moneyball, it is a free country and a free people. Breathing while being asymptotic is not equivalent the murdering someone. No one has the right to lock people up without due process of law. We need less "we are from the government and here to help"...

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    They want you to stay home, until they are about to lose their jobs.

[video=youtube;BPeyWJPIi-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPeyWJPIi-U[/video]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [FONT=&amp]New antiviral made from sugar could help kill coronaviruses[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Read more: New antiviral made from sugar could help kill coronaviruses

The actual paper.
    [/FONT]https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/5/eaax9318

CONCLUSIONS

We have synthesized a biocompatible sulfonated CD that proved to be active against a large number of HS-dependent viruses. It exhibits a broad-spectrum virucidal, irreversible mechanism of action, presents a high barrier to viral resistance, and is biocompatible.

Should this work it in humans it would not only kill sars-cov-2 but end HIV,HPV and many different viruses that have the ability to infect us.Next up trial in humans.

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

That is fascinating...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When you get your desired contact tracing info (ignoring for the moment the potential inaccuracies in methods used to gather it) what will you do with it? Will you force (and with what coercions) people, that a phone app says came within X feet of a WuVid 19 positive person, to quarantine themselves for 14 (or more) days without some further indication of infection?

I predict some pushback on that strategy

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BugI02 again.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    With all the Trump bashing going on in here over the last pages and pages this thread was starting to look more like a libtard media thread. And then it turns out Trump was right all along. How embarrassing.

It makes sense that Trump, briefed by experts, knows more than the typical Trumpphobic poster. This is a good thing - it brings to light more potential treatments and more ammunition in this fight against the chinese virus.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Good the taxpayers aren't on the hook for uninsured people who use emergency rooms as a primary doctor.

They want you to stay home, until they are about to lose their jobs.

[video=youtube;BPeyWJPIi-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPeyWJPIi-U[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    With all the Trump bashing going on in here over the last pages and pages this thread was starting to look more like a libtard media thread. And then it turns out Trump was right all along. How embarrassing.

It makes sense that Trump, briefed by experts, knows more than the typical Trumpphobic poster. This is a good thing - it brings to light more potential treatments and more ammunition in this fight against the chinese virus.

He was right all along? It's too early in the day for hard liquor.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If people aren't willing to self-isolate when they are exposed, that's unfortunately an argument to show society is willing to swing their fist at someone else rather than protect their community.

Fortunately, I don't believe most people are that selfish.

I think the current desire to get out and back to work is sincere, and that most people would isolate for 2 weeks while they wait to see if they are positive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom