jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum... very strange or maybe not.
    I like probably many of you have some very big and multiple "wish lists" on amazon of things I buy often or just want to get.
    I don't have prime so I wait until I have $25+ or stuff to buy to get the free shipping and now a days I typically do a purchase once a month for supplies. In any case today I looked at my wish lists as I normally do daily to see if anything I am tracking has gone on "sale " so to speak. I have noticed when Amazon gets low on an item they at times will mark it down even more.

Well last night when I checked all the prices were normal. But this morning about 60% of the items I track are marked down 30% or more!
    Sketcher shoes from $55 down to $25 (only 3 left in stock)
    Motor oil from $29 down to $21 (only 4 left in stock)
    Men's haggar pants down from $30 to $22
    Toothpaste (sold out)
    Mouthwash (sold out)
    Joker DVD movie from $26 to $23 (this is a little higher then normal)

Has it begun? The depletion of inventory?
    Like I said it's normal for a few items to get marked down every now and then. But in the 3 years I have been tracking my stuff this is a first for me where almost everything on my list are down.

I went ahead and got me the shoes and motor oil.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Like I needed another reason to not buy anything from the ChiComs who are our enemies. If something does not list where it is made I'll ask the question, if I don't get an answer or it is the ChiComs I won't buy it.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Like I needed another reason to not buy anything from the ChiComs who are our enemies. If something does not list where it is made I'll ask the question, if I don't get an answer or it is the ChiComs I won't buy it.

You sir are a way better man than me. I can't wait for them to take my money. Let's not even talk about the wish app which is nothing but Chinese products directly so the prices are unbelievable.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Lombardy: 10.04 million
    Veneto: 4.9 million
    Emilia Romagna: 4.4 million
    Lazio: 5.8 million
    Piedmont 4.3 million

---------
    Population 29.8 million

That is what Italy just locked down.
    No one allowed in or out.
    Everything I'm seeing now says the lockdown in Italy affects about 50000 people, but your regions listed seem to match. Wondering what the discrepancy is? Just trying to get to the truth, because sometimes the panic can be worse than the disease.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Hum... very strange or maybe not.
    I like probably many of you have some very big and multiple "wish lists" on amazon of things I buy often or just want to get.
    I don't have prime so I wait until I have $25+ or stuff to buy to get the free shipping and now a days I typically do a purchase once a month for supplies. In any case today I looked at my wish lists as I normally do daily to see if anything I am tracking has gone on "sale " so to speak. I have noticed when Amazon gets low on an item they at times will mark it down even more.

Well last night when I checked all the prices were normal. But this morning about 60% of the items I track are marked down 30% or more!
    Sketcher shoes from $55 down to $25 (only 3 left in stock)
    Motor oil from $29 down to $21 (only 4 left in stock)
    Men's haggar pants down from $30 to $22
    Toothpaste (sold out)
    Mouthwash (sold out)
    Joker DVD movie from $26 to $23 (this is a little higher then normal)

Has it begun? The depletion of inventory?
    Like I said it's normal for a few items to get marked down every now and then. But in the 3 years I have been tracking my stuff this is a first for me where almost everything on my list are down.

I went ahead and got me the shoes and motor oil.
    Why would the price go down if the supply is low? The only thing I can think of is that shelf space is at such a premium that they want to move the little bit out of the way, but I would think there is always more coming in. Just doesn't seem like the capitalist way.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not of we use my deathstar. :p

Why would the price go down if the supply is low? The only thing I can think of is that shelf space is at such a premium that they want to move the little bit out of the way, but I would think there is always more coming in. Just doesn't seem like the capitalist way.

No clue.
    I do know it's some type of amazon algorithm and the prices are always changing and it's not the same price for all.

I have seen the skeetcher shoes at $39.99 in my phone app. But if I search for them via amazon.com on laptop (without logging in) I will at times see them for $32.99. Yet my coworker will see them for $29.99 and she lives in same city I do.

I've also seen, which does make sense, if I buy say 10 notebooks at 1.99 the next day same notebooks are now 2.99. Lower supplies, more $$$.

But on the flipside I've seen <product no longer avaliable> for mouthwash only for it to be under a different skull, same brand, oz., but listed at a different price both HIGHER and LOWER.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Had a thought (dangerous, I know)

Does anyone know if bats actually have ACE2 receptors (what CoVid19 uses to enter cells)? Because if bats don't have signaling pathways that utilize ACE2 or something very similar, then it seems quite unlikely that a bat coronavirus would evolve the ability to target human ACE2 receptors without help, and perhaps be indicative of weaponization after all

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Had a thought (dangerous, I know)

Does anyone know if bats actually have ACE2 receptors (what CoVid19 uses to enter cells)? Because if bats don't have signaling pathways that utilize ACE2 or something very similar, then it seems quite unlikely that a bat coronavirus would evolve the ability to target human ACE2 receptors without help, and perhaps be indicative of weaponization after all
    I haven’t tasted the ACE2 receptors in the bats I’ve eaten from the open air market.

*coughcoughwheezecough*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom