Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If you need a reason to wear a mask in public...not related to covid-19
    It is a flu map. The other way to look at it....a pneumonia map.HOLY CRAP!!!!. I just caught it.That is from the CDC flu report....but check the description at the top.
    Spring break in Idaho? Maybe Alaska.Look like reasonable destinations to me.https://twitter.com/CDCgov

ERjcpfQW4AIX1FG.jpg

Attachments

• AFP_1P74I4-kE1H-U317040815464306E-656x492@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.jpg
      AFP_1P74I4-kE1H-U317040815464306E-656x492@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 16

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    According to posts 913 and 915, 29.8 million on lockdown, and the number of confirmed cases tripled in 24 hours after that. 3 months in jail if you try to leave your town.

It does seem like the Italians are much more proactive about containment than many others, hopefully we get a more honest assessment of this from them.

The only light I see that indicates this will not be a worldwide disaster is that the treatment seems much more successful in more developed countries with a much lower death rate.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

If it gets as bad as some say it could the last thing you will be worried about are the markets, or even paper money for that matter.

Will be an interesting lesson for the believers in crypto as a storehouse of value vs gold

"Hey! Buddy! I'll trade you some numbers on my laptop for some food and medicine
    :laugh:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    [video=youtube;aTMjYnWrroI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTMjYnWrroI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Recording of WHO 2/24/2020

"They found that the fatality rate is between 2%-4% Up from the earlier 2% estimate.
    They found that for people with mild #COVID19 disease, recovery time is about two weeks, while people with severe or critical disease recover within three to six weeks"-@DrTedros
    #coronavirus

View attachment 84342

Until there are bodies outside your front window,you will not be told to panic.You will not be told it is out of control.
    Protect yourself,and your family NOW. Put on a mask.Keep your hands clean.Have supplies.
    If anyone wants a list of what will soon not be available send me a pm. But things like new car tires(and the commodities to make them) are over...done for now.

Consider this.The WHO just said this will go on in China for YEARS. What does that tell you about the rest of the globe?

The video in the post above this one,may actually be more important for people to listen to.

Is this information not shareable on open forum?

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hasn't updated at that link since smokingman reported went under password protection. Time stamp frozen at 3:04:32pm today (not sure what time zone)
    Mine is still updating and showing current time stamps along with current metadata and caseload increase since 1500.

Using Firefox and the above link.

:beatsme:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think it just was. :dunno:

LOL, it didn’t save my highlighting/bolding. It was in reference to this line:

If anyone wants a list of what will soon not be available send me a pm.” I just wondered what the onus of the information was for the necessity of PM’s.

Smokingman, you’ve been a great source of information for this whole thing, thank you for all the research you’ve been doing.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hasn't updated at that link since smokingman reported went under password protection. Time stamp frozen at 3:04:32pm today (not sure what time zone)

Mine is still updating and showing current time stamps along with current metadata and caseload increase since 1500.

Using Firefox and the above link.

:beatsme:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Updating for me, correct date and timestamp, maybe you need to flush your cache BugI102.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    This now makes sense based on what I have been seeing in some videos that did not make sense until now. This virus attacks the brain in some individuals. Talk about a wicked weapon. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2493326/.

I agree. We are all big boys and girls. Please if you have important information please share it will all of us. Lord knows we can’t trust the government to tell us the truth because they fear the panic.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    LOL, it didn’t save my highlighting/bolding. It was in reference to this line:

If anyone wants a list of what will soon not be available send me a pm.” I just wondered what the onus of the information was for the necessity of PM’s.

Smokingman, you’ve been a great source of information for this whole thing, thank you for all the research you’ve been doing.
    You asked.
    Regular prep items+

Now specific to the situation we are in. What have you purchased in the last 10 year?

Guess what? You can no longer do 99% of those purchases again. When supply runs out it will be out probably for years.

So you have a choice.Wait until things sort themselves,and governments to handle everything.

Or choose to take care of those needs now.

Many things on the above lists will be gone soon as well.Things you may not think about.

Auto.
    Oil filters,air filters,spark plugs,all fluids(oil,washer,ect),tires,headlights,fuses.I would even get a spare alternator and battery.
    None of these items are likely made in the USA(at least not totally for example tires need adhisive made in China and the rubber is from indonesia,even the synthetic componets are not made in the USA).
    You will not be able to simple go to the store and get these items in as little as 2 months.It will most likely be YEARS of dealing with shortages.Shortages we have NEVER had.This will be worse than WW2 rationing,back then we MADE most things here.

Lets say you are quarantined in your home for 3+ months(face it Wuhan has already been in this situation for 2).
    What will you do? Have hobbies? Do wood working? Better think about what it is you would do.Things like power tool batteries,and spares will not exist.Spare saw blades gone.That faithful table saw,useless with out a blade.

How old are the things you own? Do you have spares? Microwave,tv,coffee maker,toaster,ect.Most all of these things are not made in the USA. Have a huge DVD/blue ray collection...may want to pick up a spare player,and replacement tv.It will be YEARS until the supply is back to normal.

Even if the golabl econemy 2.8 trillion dollar economic loss so far ends suddenly,the supply lines will not magically be fixed.Finding things you want will be harder.Better to get them now.

If you can do things like clothing shopping do it NOW.Almost nothing in that entire area will be available.What do you get people for gifts? Better stock up now if you want your Christmas giving to be anywhere near normal.

The system is BROKEN.It broke the day the shut 178 million people in China in their homes. 1/10 of global population,and it continues to grow worse.If you where going to make a purchase in the next 5 years of almost anything,do as much of that as possible NOW.

And now some hard truth about how it will be for awhile....
    It will be ok.

Look at it this way.The world has gone through some dramatic changes through out history.

The USA was a group of colonies made up by "owners" in foreign countries(this kind of thing goes back well before even the Roman Empire).

We will survive.Those who prepare and understand why the changes are happening will mentally and physically cope better. There life,though changing like every one else it will be easier.

We adapt. We love. We care. We create. We continue. Things change on a regular basis. This is just a larger than normal change.

Our grandparents made it through WW2 rationing of everything. From all food to rubber and gasoline.Our great grandparents made it through the depression when more than 50% could not even find jobs.

Just understand it is a change. Not the end of the world. Mentally prepare for it,and enjoy life. Seriously. Take your mask off long enough to smell a flower now and again(he said with very little sarcasm). There are and will be those who have it much harder. Do your absolute best to keep from becoming infected. I already wear a mask in public. I was in the store yesterday,in Franklin Indiana.I did not get a single strange look,but did witness a husband shake his wife by the arm and he said "told you we should wear our masks".

My advise do not wait until it is the norm. Do it bravely so others will follow. The more that do this the less it(and the Flu) will spread.

Just felt you might need to hear that.

I hope it helps anyone who reads it.I am still working on my "list" I lost around two hours of work on it earlier today by closing one to many things.

Anyway.
    Be well,be safe,you are loved,and enjoy life.

Not my quote but worth sharing.

Everything we do before a #pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after a pandemic will seem inadequate.”

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, on the bright side, if we all end up going around wearing respirators everywhere, I won’t have to smell cbhausen’s White Castle farts anymore.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "The John Hopkins CoronaVirus map just went behind a password.
    Now you must be a member of the John Hopkins education department to access it."

It just got overwhelmed. It is back up with out a password.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom