worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Sad to see that "Kung-Flu" didn't get picked up. Seemed like a shoo-in

Maybe they're saving it for the new avian flu that goin around.:dunno:

Amid the coronavirus outbreak, China is now also fighting deadly bird flu in chickens

Don't forget the swine flu. I'm in the agriculture industry and based on those who sell hogs to China, they have had to kill over half of their hog population due to this during the past 12 months. They are telling the world it's only 1/3 of the hog population.

If they are willing to lie about hogs who are sick (far less serious issue to the state), surely they are willing to lie about people who are sick (far more serious issue to the state).

Seems to me that communism does not lift people out of squallier, but only guarantees they will be neglected and ignored as life does not matter.....only the state matters.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Does the term "norovirus" ring a bell? Recall where those nasty outbreaks happened? Yup. On cruise ships. This is the absolute most stupid move if their intent was to limit infection to those infected on day 0. Now if they are only concerned with not bringing it to the shore, and dont really care who gets sick on the ship, this is how to do it.

And how does the 14 day incubation period work when its thousands of people? OK, Patient 0 has it on 2/1/2020. 14 day incubation so we are good to go after 2/15/20, right? Not so fast? What happens when Patients 1-15 catch it on 2/5? Now the safe day is 2/20, right? Maybe... Patients 16-20 now have it starting on 2/10. So now everyone is clear on 2/25? Maybe... etc etc etc. Whats the incubation rate when spread across 3,000 passengers at a staggered infection rate? Couldnt that rate now theoretically go into next year if they cant definitively stop it from spreading and guarantee nobody else gets it? That's not happening on the tight, stale air confines of a cruise ship.

Or I could be wrong. I didnt even stay at a Holiday Inn last night. my thoughts just seem to make sense based on past history of how easy it has been proven to spread sickness on a cruise liner.

Your point is very valid. Basically, the quarantine only works if you start counting from the last diagnosis. Each person diagnosed will reset the clock.

Add to that a study showing that some people have had incubation periods of 24 days, and that makes things even more complicated. Article cited below. That is 24 days where someone is spreading the virus, but has zero symptoms.

That means we may need to close off groups or areas for close to a month if we really want to ensure this is burned out. But the WHO says, "nothing to see here, move along with your 14 day quarantine".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7986663/Incubation-period-new-coronavirus-long-24-DAYS-expert-claims.html

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does the term "norovirus" ring a bell? Recall where those nasty outbreaks happened? Yup. On cruise ships. This is the absolute most stupid move if their intent was to limit infection to those infected on day 0. Now if they are only concerned with not bringing it to the shore, and dont really care who gets sick on the ship, this is how to do it.

And how does the 14 day incubation period work when its thousands of people? OK, Patient 0 has it on 2/1/2020. 14 day incubation so we are good to go after 2/15/20, right? Not so fast? What happens when Patients 1-15 catch it on 2/5? Now the safe day is 2/20, right? Maybe... Patients 16-20 now have it starting on 2/10. So now everyone is clear on 2/25? Maybe... etc etc etc. Whats the incubation rate when spread across 3,000 passengers at a staggered infection rate? Couldnt that rate now theoretically go into next year if they cant definitively stop it from spreading and guarantee nobody else gets it? That's not happening on the tight, stale air confines of a cruise ship.

Or I could be wrong. I didnt even stay at a Holiday Inn last night. my thoughts just seem to make sense based on past history of how easy it has been proven to spread sickness on a cruise liner.

I prefer Moo Shu Flu myself. :):

How about Moo Flu Bed Pan?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I stopped in to the 86th and Michigan Rd. Walmart at lunchtime and asked the pharmacist about flu masks. She told me they got a case in this morning and one person bought them all. Let the hoarding begin!

No big deal, I've at least got that part of my preps covered. Working on a lot of other stuff now, though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was just 8 days ago that WHO was cautioning nations against travel restrictions.

I dont see how restrictions are bad in the context of stopping the spread. How do you not catch something? Abstinence. Just like an STD, I can wear a condom/mask and maybe not catch something when I have sex/travel, or I can not have sex/travel and pretty much guarantee I dont get it. (yes, catching from someone who does travel could still infect me, but you get the point.)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Unfortunately, plane and ship travel really concentrates people and makes it easier for diseases to spread, both to shared occupants and to dispersed locations.

Just ask those people who have long saved and planned a lovely vacation on the Diamond Princess cruise ship that are now stuck under quarantine in Japan with 135 diagnosed coronovirus victims.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And now the WHO is concerned.

So are you going to tell us or what?
    kTemzdj.gif

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Chinese put 3 dead children in 1 body bag. sad and part of the reason we will never have accurate numbers.

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/yangzhanqing/status/1227261079983665153

this is ripe for an awful comment but today I will spare you all.

[/FONT]

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville

I prefer Moo Shu Flu myself. :):

as I said:

”surround, contain, and burn out setting.”

The government does not care other than it hurting their economy. Empty positions just get refilled with the next peasant or under privaledged willing to step in. 96° outside 110° inside. They do not care. Managers and higher ups are in air conditioning.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Unfortunately, plane and ship travel really concentrates people and makes it easier for diseases to spread, both to shared occupants and to dispersed locations.

Just ask those people who have long saved and planned a lovely vacation on the Diamond Princess cruise ship that are now stuck under quarantine in Japan with 135 diagnosed coronovirus victims.

One day later and they are up to 174. Terrifying for people quarantined on the ship, but at least we can learn something from it.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/coronavirus-continues-spread-cruise-ship-quarantined-sea-japan/story?id=68933050

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom