• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I wonder what the ANTI-VAXXER crowd is thinking about this?

Potential Vaccine Breakthrough for Novel Corona Virus LINK => https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/02/...otential-vaccine-breakthrough-squawk-box.html

Better Source.
    Robin Shattock, head of mucosal infection and immunity at Imperial College London, said he is now at the stage to start testing the vaccine on animals as early as next week with human studies in the summer if enough funding is secured, Sky said.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ace-for-coronavirus-vaccine-sky-idUSKBN1ZZ13W

Do not get your hopes up.When someone comes along and promises to save the world if they get enough money...do not rely on that person.I did a little home work on Robin Shattock,and nothing in his back ground says he is a virology expert.Could he possibly help,probably. Like I said though,this is a funding drive to get what equipment,staff,and help he needs to develop a vaccine.And unless he finds the absolute most amazing untapped individual in viral medicine,his will not be the first develop a vaccine.

I did forget him,and his 26 person staff have been working an an aids vaccine....for around 11 years now(they have found quite a few ways that do not work,even wrote 6 or 7 of his papers on what does not work).I think saying they could start testing on humans by summer with a corona vaccine would mean just that....trial and error.I would also bet idiots would line up for the FREE trial vaccine,after they sign a mountain of paper work releasing everyone involved from anything that happens(and I will add with only a tiny bit of sarcasm...what they develop that quickly might even start a zombie apocalypse).

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Poor Canadia dude.
    They really need to label those little fridges in the break room better.
    5NPeMYl.gif

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is a bit of good news, and a reminder to not take things on the internet at face value...

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...coronavirus-questioned-as-outbreak-mushrooms/

The Chinese businesswoman who spread the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) to four colleagues in Germany while reportedly experiencing no symptoms of the infection actually did have symptoms, according to a news report in Science.[h=3]The woman’s case, published January 30 in The New England Journal of Medicine, was considered the most clearly documented evidence that the novel viral infection could spread silently from asymptomatic people. Public health experts have been particularly anxious about such transmission because it could potentially ease disease spread and negate outbreak control efforts, including screening travelers for symptoms, such as fever.[/h]

“The fact that asymptomatic persons are potential sources of 2019-nCoV infection may warrant a reassessment of transmission dynamics of the current outbreak,” the authors of the NEJM article concluded.
    But that conclusion now appears to be based on false information. And, while the new information on these specific cases doesn’t rule out the possibility that asymptomatic spread has occurred or is occurring in other cases, it could help ratchet down fears that asymptomatic spread is driving the now mushrooming outbreak.

According to the new report in Science, the businesswoman’s 2019-nCoV infection symptoms went unrecognized because they were mild, masked by over-the-counter medications, and—most notably—the authors of the NEJM article didn’t speak with her before the article was published.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Your confusion is understandable. The "breakthrough" is a looonng way from being tested and approved. There are actually multiple treatments out there that have made early claims. It will still be a year before there is a real solution. In the meantime, a lot of money will be thrown at them and a lot of human guinea pigs will be subjected to questionable treatments by the Chicoms.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Don't worry. It' not. That was some of the worst fake video I've ever seen. No one reacting to multiple shots???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :scratch: I thought they said that the corona virus mutates so that vaccines wouldn’t be that effective.

They feared that it could potentially mutate too rapidly to develop vaccines.

They have not yet found that to be true.

They also reported that the disease can be transmitted by patients that are pre-symptomatic. That has been found to be untrue.

There is much that is unknown. There is some that is known and you need to filter through the medical journals, financial reports, government reports, etc and filter out 90% of the mainstream media as that is reporting 24 to 96 hours old information, often parroting only 1 source that may not be anything more than an opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom